• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last stand on the Steelers

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my post on the Steelers board after reading about all the shit they want to have done to Burfict and the type of player he is. They have decided so far to not answer back, but I am not sure if they are not answering due to sheer text wall, or because they have no rebuttal unless it is delusional rebuttal. I am sure they will have their twist on things, but I think I am trying to be realistic and not as delusional as they are being. (Save a couple Steeler fans who actually are realistic and not looking through rose colored glasses). Vontaze burfict

My post:

You guys are fucking delusional.

Burfict was not trying to hurt Bell. Bell is hard as shit to take down. It was at the sidelines, if Burfict keeps driving him to the ground there with his feet on the ground, it is going to be a personal foul for late hit out of bounds. You pick your feet up before you hit the sidelines, now it is momentum and the RB is dragging you out of bounds, therefore, incapable of being a late hit.

Keep in mind that during that playoff game, your f'n coach pulled the hair of one of our players on the sideline. Granted, Williams had a personal foul on a defenseless receiver earlier in the game too, but it didn't look malicious. He didn't know that the WR wasn't going to catch the ball leaving himself defenseless, he lined him up, hit him with his shoulder in a legal target zone, but when all was said and done, the correct call was made, personal foul.

Then that shit by Shazier is what caused everything. Not one bad thing had the Bengals done until that dirty fucker Shazier launches himself, leading with the crown of his helmet, and hit Bernard in the face and knocking him unconscious. In the rule, it says that regardless of whether a player is considered a runner, another player is not allowed to lead with the helmet making initial contact with another player by using the crown of their helmet, whether it be a defender or a RB. By the definition of the rule, Shazier's hit was indeed illegal and should have been flagged, which was a huge turning point in the game especially emotionally for the Bengals. The thing that really set it off though, that thug Shazier celebrating and whooping it up with teammates and flaunting the hit while Bernard lay there unconscious from an illegal hit that was never flagged while Pittsburgh gets the football while Cincinnati would have been in Pitt red zone when the score was 15-0. That was a huge non-call by the refs that really shifted the game.

The hit Burfict gave Ben was not illegal. Ben is hard to take down, he wrapped him up, drove him to the ground like you are SUPPOSED TO DO, and then with a little over zealous tried to rip the ball from his hands to say it was a fumble and take it in. Obviously that ripping at the ball was unnecessary as the ball was never jarred loose, but there was never a point he stuck his knee into his shoulder trying to hurt him further. That is a Steeler fan trying to find shit out of nothing.

The penalty on Burfict later in the game when it was on the line. Yes, I know that was a straight up personal foul, he deserved flagged. However, it really did look like Burfict let up near the end and while the hit was still a little vicious, it could have been the death of Antonio Brown if he continued on his original trajectory with Brown. Brown is decending, Burfict was approaching, the angle of the hit changed the closer Brown came down to the ground. Even with Burfict laying up a bit, it is how Brown came down that caused most of the damage as hit head swung sideways and away from his body that caused the contact. Even though I feel the hit could have been avoided if Brown's head had swung away from his body, it was still a clear a personal foul had to be called there. I will never deny that. Good call on the refs.

The foul that occurred after that...Adam Jones shoving a ref, that was a good call too, however, that was instigated by Porter, who should never have been in the middle of the damn field talking shit to Bengal players calling them names and displaying his shit eating grin. Jones went to go shove that piece of shit who should have never been standing there to begin with and shoved a ref instead as the pile got more congested. The only thing that was bullshit was that Porter didn't get an offsetting penalty cancelling out the last 15 yard penalty on Jones. It should have been a penalty on Jones and Porter.

Two non-calls against Pittsburgh that were clear as fucking day by the refs led to this bullshit.

The Shazier hit was not penalized, so now the league will make another rule just for this, which is bullshit, because if they would have called it accurate to begin with, they wouldn't have to make a new rule.

I don't want to hear shit from Steelers fans about being dirty when you now have three league rules named after your players due to devastating hits, which most of the following is against the damn Bengals:

1. Rule 1: Kimo on Palmer. Going low on a QB. The "Kimo Clause" now requires that defenders take every opportunity to avoid hitting a quarterback at or below the knees when the quarterback is in a defenseless position looking to throw with both feet on the ground.
2. Rule 2: Ward on Rivers breaking his jaw. The blocking rule makes illegal a blindside block if it comes from the blocker's helmet, forearm or shoulder and lands to the head or neck area of the defender.
3. Rule 3: Shazier on Bernard. Not sure what the rule is going to state, all I heard was that the league was making a new rule due to this hit.
4. All the shit that Harrison has done in his career in modern football
5. Garvin hitting Kevin Huber in the face when he wasn't even looking to break his jaw
6. Antonio Brown kicking the Browns punter, Lanning, in the face on a punt return.
7. Tomlin standing on the field of play during a kickoff return to help prevent Baltimore from getting a TD.

Trust me, the fucking Steelers are just getting a little of their own damn medicine back from the Bengals. The Steelers have been dirty fuckers for years against the Bengals, and yet you get pissed when the coin flips and the Bengals dish back a little. All in all, the Steelers still started this shit last week with that Shazier hit and celebration.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My only response on their board would have been "Suckers" or "karma" or any other single word response of the like. Two words maximum.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But I was honestly not "trying" to troll even though any response I make on their board would have felt like trolling to them I am sure.

One or two words to me would have felt even more like trolling as I would have just been zinging them instead of explaining to them.

I just wanted to point out that regardless of what they think of Burfict, they have not been without their poster children for "dirty", overly aggressive players who hurt our players. They just have no room to cry and bitch with their past.

We lost. Plain and simple as we had our chances to win it. However, it wasn't because they didn't get a little extra treatment by the refs than we did.

Do I agree with the penalty on Shawn Williams? Yes.
Do I agree with the penalty on Burfict? Yes.
Do I agree with the penalty on Jones? Yes.
Do I disagree with the non-call against Shazier that also created a fumble in their red zone? Yes.
Do I disagree that Jones was the only one to blame in that last penalty? Yes. Porter should have been flagged generating offsetting penalties.

Regardless, they have no room to speak about past transgressions especially with the refs not providing the same calls.

Anyway, if they uphold the 3 game suspension against Burfict, that they schedule the Steelers for AFTER the 3rd week of the season so we have Burfict back to play those guys next year.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will guarantee you that we play the Steelers within the first three weeks.

My guess is that it will be on MNF either week 1 or week 2 and it will be in Pittsburgh. The league will be happy with the idea that Burfict is being held out in Pittsburgh.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is that it will be on MNF either week 1 or week 2 and it will be in Pittsburgh. The league will be happy with the idea that Burfict is being held out in Pittsburgh.

We will also be losing probably Nelson, Hall, Jones, and maybe even Iloka. Pittsburgh will probably kill us in that game too.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll probably keep either Iloka or Nelson and Williams will fill the other safety position.

Hall is probably done.... .Or he should be. I think Jones is back if the Bengals want him. Otherwise, they'll go with Dennard, Swag, Josh Shaw, a high draft pick, and Lewis-Harris. They'll be okay.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they should suspend Burfict specifically for the Steelers games, whenever they fall on the calander. Instead, watch our first game against the Steelers be week 4 in Burfict's first game back. More dramatic that way.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there any truth the the facebook post going around that says one of the referees was related to a Steelers coach?

not that it matters... I mean no way were we not going to implode, it's what we do. We.. are... Farmers... , dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll probably keep either Iloka or Nelson and Williams will fill the other safety position.

Hall is probably done.... .Or he should be. I think Jones is back if the Bengals want him. Otherwise, they'll go with Dennard, Swag, Josh Shaw, a high draft pick, and Lewis-Harris. They'll be okay.
Agreed.

I think you see them push for Iloka and Jones. Hall is addition by subtraction at this point. I like Nelson, but Williams showed he could handle the position, and I think someone is going to overpay Nelson, and at his age, if the Bengals are going to spend money, I'd rather it be on a younger guy like Iloka. Jones' age is a bit different due to missed time, but also due to the fact that behind him is only 1 decent CB returning in Dennard. Kirkpatrick is awful.

Offensively, I think they push for Jones, and allow Alford to man the slot that will be vacated by Sanu. I like Sanu, but I'll go with speed out of the slot rather than a few trick plays a year.

Andre Smith will also be gone. Another addition by subtraction, in my book.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

I think you see them push for Iloka and Jones. Hall is addition by subtraction at this point. I like Nelson, but Williams showed he could handle the position, and I think someone is going to overpay Nelson, and at his age, if the Bengals are going to spend money, I'd rather it be on a younger guy like Iloka. Jones' age is a bit different due to missed time, but also due to the fact that behind him is only 1 decent CB returning in Dennard. Kirkpatrick is awful.

Offensively, I think they push for Jones, and allow Alford to man the slot that will be vacated by Sanu. I like Sanu, but I'll go with speed out of the slot rather than a few trick plays a year.

Andre Smith will also be gone. Another addition by subtraction, in my book.

Marvin Jones should be our top priority. I find it odd that I'm writing that because I always thought he was overrated. But I think his speed worries teams and I think he makes our offense is better even if he isn't catching the ball. I also think he'll be a hot commodity on the market and we might not re-sign him because we're not going to pay him as a #1. If we can't sign him, I think we should try to get Sanu back in the fold for some continuity. Sanu has been a little disappointing - After his performance during the first half of 2014 I thought he was really turning the corner. Regardless, I don't want it to be AJ and a bunch of rookies or Greg Littles..... And I certainly don't want Tate involved. So, we need one or the other.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
whoop their ass next year. This represents 100% of our options

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Jones should be our top priority. I find it odd that I'm writing that because I always thought he was overrated. But I think his speed worries teams and I think he makes our offense is better even if he isn't catching the ball. I also think he'll be a hot commodity on the market and we might not re-sign him because we're not going to pay him as a #1. If we can't sign him, I think we should try to get Sanu back in the fold for some continuity. Sanu has been a little disappointing - After his performance during the first half of 2014 I thought he was really turning the corner. Regardless, I don't want it to be AJ and a bunch of rookies or Greg Littles..... And I certainly don't want Tate involved. So, we need one or the other.

Sanu and Jones will be playing for the Browns next year.

no doubt.

I can see the Hobson article now, "It's time to trust Tate"

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that happy fans will say

eat your $hit

support your team

be a good little bitch and drink the kool aid.

ha ha ha h ahahahahahahaha

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu and Jones will be playing for the Browns next year.

no doubt.

I can see the Hobson article now, "It's time to trust Tate"
And you know what...if the Browns was to ridiculously over-pay for them...they can have them.

Jones is not a #1. Not even close. He's a good #2 because he has good deep speed and does a nice job on 50/50 balls.

Sanu......lol

They fit well into this offense, but I don't see either carving out huge roles in other teams unless they are willing to take back-seat roles to other #1's and/or #2 WR's. Usually not happening if you are dropping big money.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, you're right about everything except the Williams hit. That shouldn't have been a flag. The receiver lowered his head into Williams' shoulder or it's entirely legal. If the league doesn't stop penalizing defenders for filing their rules only as long as offensive players don't drop their head, they really will see players start going low and guys' knees getting blown out. Throwing that flag is as stupid as an ump that rewards first base to a hitter that steps in front of home plate after the pitch is thrown. Defenders are already expected to aim for a ridiculously small target, more we sold expect them to rest and adjust their hits in a split second when receives drop their heads?

What's more, that receiver took 3 full strides after catching the ball. If you argue that it's still illegal because defenseless isn't part of the rule, I'll counter with the fact that the got on Gio should've been flagged and was worse because the head was actually targeted rather than hit because the runner dropped it a split second before contact.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what...if the Browns was to ridiculously over-pay for them...they can have them.

Jones is not a #1. Not even close. He's a good #2 because he has good deep speed and does a nice job on 50/50 balls.

Sanu......lol

They fit well into this offense, but I don't see either carving out huge roles in other teams unless they are willing to take back-seat roles to other #1's and/or #2 WR's. Usually not happening if you are dropping big money.

I'd say it's a slim chance, but what if Josh Gordon comes back to the NFL and stays clean? I know, I know..... Unlikely. But Josh Gordon with Marvin Jones, a few midget slot guys and that tight end they have would be a nice supporting cast for their rookie qb.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it's a slim chance, but what if Josh Gordon comes back to the NFL and stays clean? I know, I know..... Unlikely. But Josh Gordon with Marvin Jones, a few midget slot guys and that tight end they have would be a nice supporting cast for their rookie qb.
Not happening. Don't see that at all.

And again, teams don't drop #1 money on #2 guys. If they do, they'll be in salary cap hell in a few short years. Surely Hue isn't that dumb.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally would keep Sanu over Jones because A-he will be much cheaper, and B-is more versatile, and will make defenses wonder what he is doing.
Jones will get overpaid by someone, probably Cleveland, but he is replaceable.
The league is full of receivers now, and Jones will be at best the 3rd option on offense.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash, you're right about everything except the Williams hit. That shouldn't have been a flag. The receiver lowered his head into Williams' shoulder or it's entirely legal. If the league doesn't stop penalizing defenders for filing their rules only as long as offensive players don't drop their head, they really will see players start going low and guys' knees getting blown out. Throwing that flag is as stupid as an ump that rewards first base to a hitter that steps in front of home plate after the pitch is thrown. Defenders are already expected to aim for a ridiculously small target, more we sold expect them to rest and adjust their hits in a split second when receives drop their heads?

What's more, that receiver took 3 full strides after catching the ball. If you argue that it's still illegal because defenseless isn't part of the rule, I'll counter with the fact that the got on Gio should've been flagged and was worse because the head was actually targeted rather than hit because the runner dropped it a split second before contact.

I know people will bitch about games taking too long, but I really think they need to add any penalty 15 yards or more to the automatic review list. The fact that penalties aren't reviewable is horse shit anyway, and any kind of personal foul or long pass interferance has too big of a chance to completely change a game. They always defend the refs by saying everything is moving too fast, so let them take a second look with everything slowed down.