• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My B1G Power Rankings after week 9

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Michigan State (7-1, 4-0) - Sparty stays B1G's #1 team until they get beat or look bad against a bad team.
4) Nebraska (7-1, 3-1) - McNeese State almost 2 months away. Blown out opponents since, other than #1 team. Close race with tOSU.
3) Ohio State (6-1, 3-0) - Trap game got them. Even though they came out with the W, Nebraska's blowout passes them.
4) Wisconsin (5-2, 2-1) - Wisconsin blew out their team. Minnesota had to blow their team out to stay above.
5) Minnesota (6-2, 3-1) - Needed a blowout win to stay above Wisconsin, but barely stays above Iowa with 1 more W.
6) Iowa (5-2, 2-1) - Bye week helps Iowa pass Maryland as Iowa hasn't been blown out, but not enough blowouts to pass Minnesota. W 3 of last 4.
7) Maryland (5-3, 2-2) - Absolutely destroyed by Wisconsin. But still has W over Rutgers and won 3 of last 5 games.
8) Rutgers (5-3, 1-3) - 3 B1G losses hurt. Not very impressive W vs Mich a few weeks ago followed by being blown out 2x
9) Northwestern (3-4, 2-2) - 2-game L streak after 2 big wins.
10) Penn State (4-3, 1-3) - Sent Buckeyes to 2OTs. Went up a spot. If W, possibly 2 more spots. But have 3 game L streak.
11) Illinois (4-4, 1-3) - Illinois moves up 3 spots. PSU's 2OT loss vs tOSU is more impressive than Illinois's 4-pt win IMO.
12) Michigan (3-5, 1-3) - Breaking a 10 quarter non-TD streak was the big stat of the day. Mix that with the most dominant B1G team...
13) Purdue (3-5, 1-3) - Beat Illinois a while ago, almost beat Michigan their last game.
14) Indiana (3-4, 0-3) - Only B1G team who has yet to win a conference game. Mizzou gets further away.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois is the worst team in this conference IMO. They are dreadful, the fact they beat Minnesota speaks more to how shitty they must be than anything Illinois did. 5-14 in this league is very very below average.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois is the worst team in this conference IMO. They are dreadful, the fact they beat Minnesota speaks more to how shitty they must be than anything Illinois did. 5-14 in this league is very very below average.

Depends on where you play those teams. PSU and Iowa are tough at home and normally play well enough on defense to keep most any game close. NW is a wild card. They might show up and play you tough or they might lay down and get stomped. I really don't know what to think about Minnesota...they seem like a borderline top 25 team to me. On the cusp of being pretty decent but not quite there yet. The rest of the teams are pretty garbage. Rutgers and Maryland are woefully undersized and should get rolled by all the bigger squads in the conference. Illinois, Indiana, and Purdue are normally bad, and everyone knows how terribad Michigan is right now.

Top 4 in the conference would be competitive with just about anyone in the country, the middle 3 (IMO are PSU, Iowa, and Minny) are up and down middle of the pack teams that are tough to predict. The bottom 7 are normally dreadful this yr. No elite teams, though MSU can play with elite teams if they have a good game.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get ESPN's ranking with Northwestern.

OOC, NW looked worse than any B1G and among the worst in P5. Then they beat Penn State. ESPN had them around #7. Beat Wisconsin, #5 I think. Then they lose, #12. Now they are #6.

Penn State had an incredible game vs Ohio State. I raised them in my Rankings. But they still lost and have a 2 game losing streak. How do they go from 12th to 7th?