• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my assessment of the offense

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what i see inn our offense

qb I think we are set here . What we need is some patience with Rg3 and i see him improving going into next year . he needs work in reading defenses , specifically what they are doing to him and figuriing out when and where the blitz is coming from . also going thru read progressions . in the last 5 games he should work on that . KC is a good BU at this point with future trade value .

rb again we are set here with a perfect combo of AM , helu and young Royster has no role here so thompson has a shot here

wr we have a good # 1 in garcon and a good # 3 in hankerson . we need a legit # 2 and some guys to fit in the slot and hold the 5/6 positions

TE we have a difference maker in Reed but little else , paulson is a one dimensional blocker and a limited receiver. In the 49ers game i bet Rg3 goes to the TE checkdown if Reed is the rec , instead of paulson . Niles paul is never anything more then a scrub # 3 Te i gave him his 3rd year and he failed . we need a big , tall athletic TE who can block

OT williams is a PB LT so he is good . Polumbus is a backup even though he has done well this year . Next year is do or die for compton

Og Stieger is a C and does well vs run but he doesnt anchor vs the pass in the pocket passing game . Chester is old and gettis needs to take the job or we need another option . Ribeye so far is a huge mistake as a 3rd rounder who we reached for

C Monty is a back up . he does well vs the Run but he has the same problem as chester and Stieger . they dont anchor well at all in the pocket

overall this offense will finish in the top ten but it does have issues . the draft looks to be one where we can get WRS . and there are a couple of prospects in the o/line . the offense will take a step back if we infuse a bunch of rookies so FA might be an option for help

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what i see inn our offense

qb I think we are set here . What we need is some patience with Rg3 and i see him improving going into next year . he needs work in reading defenses , specifically what they are doing to him and figuriing out when and where the blitz is coming from . also going thru read progressions . in the last 5 games he should work on that . KC is a good BU at this point with future trade value .

rb again we are set here with a perfect combo of AM , helu and young Royster has no role here so thompson has a shot here

wr we have a good # 1 in garcon and a good # 3 in hankerson . we need a legit # 2 and some guys to fit in the slot and hold the 5/6 positions

TE we have a difference maker in Reed but little else , paulson is a one dimensional blocker and a limited receiver. In the 49ers game i bet Rg3 goes to the TE checkdown if Reed is the rec , instead of paulson . Niles paul is never anything more then a scrub # 3 Te i gave him his 3rd year and he failed . we need a big , tall athletic TE who can block

OT williams is a PB LT so he is good . Polumbus is a backup even though he has done well this year . Next year is do or die for compton

Og Stieger is a C and does well vs run but he doesnt anchor vs the pass in the pocket passing game . Chester is old and gettis needs to take the job or we need another option . Ribeye so far is a huge mistake as a 3rd rounder who we reached for

C Monty is a back up . he does well vs the Run but he has the same problem as chester and Stieger . they dont anchor well at all in the pocket

overall this offense will finish in the top ten but it does have issues . the draft looks to be one where we can get WRS . and there are a couple of prospects in the o/line . the offense will take a step back if we infuse a bunch of rookies so FA might be an option for help

Good assesment Dad. I have 3 starters that need to be replaced (C, RG and WR) Depth at WR, Guard and TE are necessary as well. I would like to draft 1 starter (RG) and use FA for the other 2 (C and WR)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we saw again last night what happens when a team brings pressure up the middle. Our OL cannot handle anything other than a basic 4 straight rush. Chester is terrible. I can't believe Gettis or LeRebius are worse. If so, they are busts. At least Gettis can return kicks......Polumbus has started to show his old stripes again. The last 2 games he has been abused. Montgomery is just too small and weak.

In the first half, RG3 had time to scan the field and step into his throws. He took what the Giants gave him. In the second half, they applied max pressure and he got happy feet. When the pocket collapses in on him, he gets flustered. Moreover, our WRs (with the exception of Garcon) cannot get separation at the line. Robinson is only good after about 15 yards into the route. RG3 does not have that time. I really would like to see what Lewis can do in the remaining games. Finally, RG3 has got to learn to throw a ball away. When was the last time you saw him scan the field and toss it away to regroup? He does not have to make a play every time.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good assesment Dad. I have 3 starters that need to be replaced (C, RG and WR) Depth at WR, Guard and TE are necessary as well. I would like to draft 1 starter (RG) and use FA for the other 2 (C and WR)

We need the following going into next year:

A new center via FA. A new RG (within or draft) and a new RT via FA.
A new WR via draft or FA. (True compliment to Garcon, possibly through draft or trade)
A new DT via FA. (Cut ties with a few who offer nothing like Goldsten, Bowen)
A new ILB via FA or draft. (Fletcher is done, Riley is avg)
A new corner via draft.
A new safety via FA.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the following going into next year:

A new center via FA. A new RG (within or draft) and a new RT via FA.
A new WR via draft or FA. (True compliment to Garcon, possibly through draft or trade)
A new DT via FA. (Cut ties with a few who offer nothing like Goldsten, Bowen)
A new ILB via FA or draft. (Fletcher is done, Riley is avg)
A new corner via draft.
A new safety via FA.

You may not get all of those especially since they don't have a 1st rounder. Also - they have extra cap space but have to use it wisely to plan for the future & not be stuck with any big contracts or dead money in the future (when huge contracts for people like RG3 will be needed). I also hope that we fans have learned our lesson to not count on every draft pick (especially late ones) to be a starter and make a huge impact (i.e. 6th & 7th rounders are crap shoots).

Taking care of even some of this will be a major plus. Combined with a better prepared RG3 & improved coaching this could make a huge difference.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think now we need to see a gettis , compton and maybe Hurt

it would be great if one panned out

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not get all of those especially since they don't have a 1st rounder. Also - they have extra cap space but have to use it wisely to plan for the future & not be stuck with any big contracts or dead money in the future (when huge contracts for people like RG3 will be needed). I also hope that we fans have learned our lesson to not count on every draft pick (especially late ones) to be a starter and make a huge impact (i.e. 6th & 7th rounders are crap shoots).

Taking care of even some of this will be a major plus. Combined with a better prepared RG3 & improved coaching this could make a huge difference.

I agree that we may not be able to address all of the above but they seem to be the areas of need. I'm hoping Robinson once healthy can be a solution at ILB but that remains to be seen. Injuries to a couple of young guys like Robinson, Reed etc have hurt. Those injuries (Robinson) have and will effect how we draft as well so that makes it even more complicated.

When you say improved coaching, what are you implying?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that we may not be able to address all of the above but they seem to be the areas of need. I'm hoping Robinson once healthy can be a solution at ILB but that remains to be seen. Injuries to a couple of young guys like Robinson, Reed etc have hurt. Those injuries (Robinson) have and will effect how we draft as well so that makes it even more complicated.

When you say improved coaching, what are you implying?

Improved coaching to me means replacing at least the defensive coordinator, special teams coach & some of their assts. I hope that just because a unit shows progress in spurts it is not misinterpreted as there being no need to replace these guys. I guess they could perform huge turnarounds with an influx of talent, but why take that slim chance?

As I mentioned before - I am fine with Mike Shanahan staying or going. I just hope that he drops the loyal-to-a fault philosophy and gets rid of people who should not remain with this organization.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improved coaching to me means replacing at least the defensive coordinator, special teams coach & some of their assts. I hope that just because a unit shows progress in spurts it is not misinterpreted as there being no need to replace these guys. I guess they could perform huge turnarounds with an influx of talent, but why take that slim chance?

As I mentioned before - I am fine with Mike Shanahan staying or going. I just hope that he drops the loyal-to-a fault philosophy and gets rid of people who should not remain with this organization.

Agree. Feel the same way about MS, but elsewhere things must change.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice, no one has commented on the fact that griff had more runs than Al Mo last nite. Insane. Nothing explains that stat, except idiocy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was the only running plays that were working. The Giants strategy was to stop Morris and make RG3 and our WRs beat them. It was the same thing SF did and will be the same thing KC does. Morris may not get 100yds in a game the rest of the season unless our passing game gets hot. He's one of the best, but not even he can beat an 8 man front.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was the only running plays that were working. The Giants strategy was to stop Morris and make RG3 and our WRs beat them. It was the same thing SF did and will be the same thing KC does. Morris may not get 100yds in a game the rest of the season unless our passing game gets hot. He's one of the best, but not even he can beat an 8 man front.

Understand that the Giants were doing a good job shutting AM down early, but to go completely away from him makes little sense to me regardless. Do you stop feeding AP the ball? And we stopped even when we were never down more than 1 TD. Weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the great Kyle Shanahan is not even capable of making one adjustment to counter any of this? As I posted in another thread - the Redskins have tallied 80 yds total for the second half of the last two games. Truly pathetic. I realize that there were drops & they have some injuries and lack some talent but 80 yds? How can a team start out so strong and then basically disappear for the remainder of the game? Sounds like crappy coaching to me.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the great Kyle Shanahan is not even capable of making one adjustment to counter any of this? As I posted in another thread - the Redskins have tallied 80 yds total for the second half of the last two games. Truly pathetic. I realize that there were drops & they have some injuries and lack some talent but 80 yds? How can a team start out so strong and then basically disappear for the remainder of the game? Sounds like crappy coaching to me.

BINGO!!!!! You are the winner.....Our coachs are Pathetic!!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our overall talent level is the problem on offense. This offense is proven.

We are missing our #2 and 3 offensive option. There is a huge decline after that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think garcon and reed are good options , a healthy hank was doing ok as the 3rd wheel . after that , not so much

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our overall talent level is the problem on offense. This offense is proven.

We are missing our #2 and 3 offensive option. There is a huge decline after that.

Don't disagree completely on this. However - how do explain the recent games where the Redskins start out strong & score pts. and then basically disappear for the rest of the game? It appears that other teams make adjustments. Are you implying that the Redskins are incapable of making any counter moves & basically just have to throw in the towel once teams "figure them out"?

How is any team capable of only 80 yds of offense in 4 complete quarters of football in the NFL? They had about 10-20 yds against the 49ers (granted a good defense) in the 2nd half and a little more against the Giants who are not exactly the 85 Bears.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree completely on this. However - how do explain the recent games where the Redskins start out strong & score pts. and then basically disappear for the rest of the game? It appears that other teams make adjustments. Are you implying that the Redskins are incapable of making any counter moves & basically just have to throw in the towel once teams "figure them out"?

How is any team capable of only 80 yds of offense in 4 complete quarters of football in the NFL? They had about 10-20 yds against the 49ers (granted a good defense) in the 2nd half and a little more against the Giants who are not exactly the 85 Bears.

Limitations of the OL, the playmakers, and the QB. The coach definitely needs to take some blame too though but I won't crucify a coach with Kyle's track record when the cap ramifications have been obvious.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because both the 49ers and the Giants adjusted to attack our weak points, our OL. We are only as strong as our weakest link. Of course, we never counter adjusted......

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limitations of the OL, the playmakers, and the QB. The coach definitely needs to take some blame too though but I won't crucify a coach with Kyle's track record when the cap ramifications have been obvious.

Fair enough. I would just like to see all parties be accountable on this one. I don't want everyone to just assume that everything is the result of the cap sanctions when there are other underlying problems. Not necessarily calling for Kyle's head, but he has to step up. The Giants had a ton of injuries yet have been able to adjust somewhat during the latter part of the season - so at least to a small degree this should be possible for the Skins.

I guess that I am just sick of an organization that appears to be satisified with subpar play & always has an excuse for things. I wasn't looking for huge success this season but certainly did not expect things to be this bad. Just want to ensure that they are not a similar pt at the end of next season & - cap money or not - there is no guarantee that it won't happen again (we have seen it too many times as Redskins fans - last year was a major exception). For now - I guess I will keep the faith, but it is waning big time.