• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mushcamp to Texas?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy? He's not busy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by some miracle of god Saban does come to Texas, why do other schools steal Bama's head coaches? Aggy walked right in and stole Fran (with ease, mind you) and Aggy doesn't even come close to having the winning history and tradition that Bama does. Bama is a place where you should retire as a HC if you're successful. What gives?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by some miracle of god Saban does come to Texas, why do other schools steal Bama's head coaches? Aggy walked right in and stole Fran (with ease, mind you) and Aggy doesn't even come close to having the winning history and tradition that Bama does. Bama is a place where you should retire as a HC if you're successful. What gives?

In Fran's case he was a piece of shit who begged kids to remain with the school after it was put on probation and then he bolts for a lesser school. He got what he deserved in the end and is in some no nothing school in Texas currently. He is a fucking despicable human being and a worse coach.

Taking coaches is what other schools do, especially if you can lure one away with more money. Its the way of the world.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at college game managers. *gets out of thread before LSU QB jokes*

Probably for the best, LSU hasnt even had one worthy of that title for a few years.:laugh3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Fran's case he was a piece of shit who begged kids to remain with the school after it was put on probation and then he bolts for a lesser school. He got what he deserved in the end and is in some no nothing school in Texas currently. He is a fucking despicable human being and a worse coach.

Taking coaches is what other schools do, especially if you can lure one away with more money. Its the way of the world.

Yeah, but at Texas, we don't lose our HC to other programs. Let's say Mack Brown was as successful as Saban was, Mack still isn't leaving Texas. Same for OU, I've never seen a HC from OU leave for another school. The NFL has been all over Stoopsy's nuts and he still stays. Oh, and yes, Fran was a big POS. Him and his "Hold the Rope" bullshit. Fuck that guy......

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but at Texas, we don't lose our HC to other programs. Let's say Mack Brown was as successful as Saban was, Mack still isn't leaving Texas. Same for OU, I've never seen a HC from OU leave for another school. The NFL has been all over Stoopsy's nuts and he still stays. Oh, and yes, Fran was a big POS. Him and his "Hold the Rope" bullshit. Fuck that guy......

So far, the coaches that have been truly successful at Alabama have not left. If we lose Saban then thats another story, but the climate of college sports has changed since the days of Wallace Wade, Frank Thomas, Bear Bryant and the stalwarts that made Alabama who it is today. Back then you would leave to coach at a big name or an Alma Mater, now days its about money or prestige in my opinion. I dont see Saban leaving, but if he does we wont have a problem finding another coach and as I said, he is most probably on staff right now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just making assumptions. All last year, UF played up or down to their opponent. We needed a last minute punt block returned for a TD to beat the Ragin' Cajun's, but two weeks later we kicked the shit outta the Semenholes. You can assume we wouldn't have beaten A&M at the end of the season, but that's all it is, an assumption.

BTW, you seem fixated on pushing people's shit in.....you can come out of the closet, it's ok, you're in a safe place here.

Keep the Disney shit to yourself. We're talking football. Nobody is making this personal.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban gone yo

I just read an article that stated it was after the season this past year and that it was not officially the regents, but a person on the board who was seeking to make waves. It also stated that a prominent attorney on the board and a supporter of Brown has stated that Mack will retire for Texas when he wants to and anyone trying to force his retirement will be sued. Seems like Brown has lots of support, since the BoR has stated it was not an official inquiry into the possibility of Saban leaving Alabama and that the conversation was had between a person acting on his own and the Agent for Saban, nothing more.

Whats telling is he is still at Alabama and this was before this year ever started. Each year he gets offers, each year he turns them down. NEXT.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and BAMA fans....

Oh my.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article that stated it was after the season this past year and that it was not officially the regents, but a person on the board who was seeking to make waves. It also stated that a prominent attorney on the board and a supporter of Brown has stated that Mack will retire for Texas when he wants to and anyone trying to force his retirement will be sued. Seems like Brown has lots of support, since the BoR has stated it was not an official inquiry into the possibility of Saban leaving Alabama and that the conversation was had between a person acting on his own and the Agent for Saban, nothing more.

Whats telling is he is still at Alabama and this was before this year ever started. Each year he gets offers, each year he turns them down. NEXT.

I don't think anyone actually believes Saban is coming to Texas. But when Mack is gone, they HAVE to make that phone call.

Once that's done they'll actually interview real candidates.