• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mushcamp to Texas?

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat me to it

So Texas would buy out Saban's contract and pay Mack for his contract... and then pay Saban close to 6 million... that's one expensive transaction. I don't think it happens. Saban isn't leaving... not yet at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas would buy out Saban's contract and pay Mack for his contract... and then pay Saban close to 6 million... that's one expensive transaction. I don't think it happens. Saban isn't leaving... not yet at least.
-
Macks buy out is like 2.75mm, it is not a big number

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news: The University of Texas has offered to buy Alabama. The whole state.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saban's contract runs to 2020 if I remember correctly and he makes close to 6 now or will by next year with the increases, why would he switch for the same pay and a bigger challenge to start over from scratch. It would take him two years to get the players on the team that he needs to run his offensive and defensive system and even then there is no depth. I dont see it, but if he leaves, we know who his replacement should be and he is currently on staff.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas might have issues, but money is not one of them.

The difference between them and the second best earner (ohio state) is more money than half the athletic departments in college football.

And that is not even counting the LHN money which has yet to be factored in for official bookkeeping.

As it stands now, they give over half of the LHN to the school. They don't even need the cash from that so they just give it back to the school as a charitable donation of sorts.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban's contract runs to 2020 if I remember correctly and he makes close to 6 now or will by next year with the increases, why would he switch for the same pay and a bigger challenge to start over from scratch. It would take him two years to get the players on the team that he needs to run his offensive and defensive system and even then there is no depth. I dont see it, but if he leaves, we know who his replacement should be and he is currently on staff.

Yea, Saban makes what? 5.6? 5.4? I just don't see it happening. Although Saban does like a challenge and i know he wouldn't have a problem turning Texas around in no time.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas might have issues, but money is not one of them.

The difference between them and the second best earner (ohio state) is more money than half the athletic departments in college football.

And that is not even counting the LHN money which has yet to be factored in for official bookkeeping.

As it stands now, they give over half of the LHN to the school. They don't even need the cash from that so they just give it back to the school as a charitable donation of sorts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg]Isn't that Special - YouTube[/ame]

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Saban makes what? 5.6? 5.4? I just don't see it happening. Although Saban does like a challenge and i know he wouldn't have a problem turning Texas around in no time.

I think he has said it himself that he has plenty of challenges where he is and money is not his biggest concern. He should be around those figures currently with step ups each year plus bonuses for winning certain levels such as SECCG and BCS. He has made over 6 each of the last two years easily, so why take a step back, it will have to be more than 6 if he leaves.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised Houston Nutts name hasn't came up yet.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't think he leaves, just thought it was ironic because of this discussion haha