• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mushcamp to Texas?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the hole in that argument. The SEC defenses >>>>>> Big 12 defenses.

A 5-7 year run in the Big12 would be what we are looking at. It isn't like the hunh zone read and high flying offenses in the big 12 are on the level of the aTms and Oregons.

Don't think this happens. But it is Nick Saban. He can do what he wants and succeed wherever he goes in the College game regardless of the style of football being played.

When you see the hunh offense once or twice a year you aren't preparing for it week in n week out like say you would be in the PAC. When you are in a conference that primarily runs a certain types of offenses that is what you will adhere too defensively.
-
Sumlin is basically running OU's offense. Baylor and OSU consistently put out killer offenses. So the Big 12 is the epicenter of much of the offensive changes, but it is spreading. Truth is in 2-3 yrs the SEC will be running more of these offenses. Ole Miss and Auburn have joined the fold, so half of the SEC West is spread oriented. Ole Miss and A&M had success last yr, if that continues you can bet more SEC teams will adopt to the offense.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would choose Alabama and not for personal reasons.

In Alabama that school is top dog and does not have to fight hard, most times, for top instate recruits that want to stay home.

It has a long history of football excellence and tradition, which is appealing to kids.

It has a pipeline to the NFL and touts its recruits that have gone on to the NFL recently as a recruiting tool.

Its facilities are top notch in comparison to other schools in the country with more being built every day.

The school has a small town feel, but a big league presence within the NCAA.

In Texas, there are lots of recruits, but also lots of big college going after the same top recruits, In Alabama we have little competition.

Recruiting is nationwide at Alabama and they dont mind crossing state lines to pluck your best recruits from you state or any state.

And the best reason....According to many outside the SEC, Football is a Religion and a way of life, so we support our teams 100% no matter what and 90K showing up for spring games shows we live for football.

Who would not want to coach for a school like that with a following that will travel to the ends of the earth to watch you play.
The big negative is there are no pro teams so Alabama football is an obsession and there is a very bad element to the fan base. I have seen Saban in public setting several times and it is miserable the man can't move without a camera flashing. I would never want to coach UA or really any big time program because you basically give up any private life inside the state. The man literally almost has to go out of state to relax.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly would be a good choice. Saban is a good football savy coach but, the the type of offense that he runs requires very talented and physical players which could take considerable time to accumulate at Texas. He would most certainly be pissing into the wind trying to run it with the bunch that Texas has now.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big negative is there are no pro teams so Alabama football is an obsession and there is a very bad element to the fan base. I have seen Saban in public setting several times and it is miserable the man can't move without a camera flashing. I would never want to coach UA or really any big time program because you basically give up any private life inside the state. The man literally almost has to go out of state to relax.

I would, the 5+ mil a year makes things like that easier to deal with I suppose. I'm sure it would be a pain in the ass, but damn that's alotta cheese.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Saban Muschamp has to worry about, it's the alumni that want him dead after the Meeahmee game.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Alabama that school is top dog and does not have to fight hard, most times, for top instate recruits that want to stay home.

It has a long history of football excellence and tradition, which is appealing to kids.

It has a pipeline to the NFL and touts its recruits that have gone on to the NFL recently as a recruiting tool.

Its facilities are top notch in comparison to other schools in the country with more being built every day.

In Texas, there are lots of recruits, but also lots of big college going after the same top recruits, In Alabama we have little competition.

Recruiting is nationwide at Alabama and they dont mind crossing state lines to pluck your best recruits from you state or any state.

And the best reason....According to many outside the SEC, Football is a Religion and a way of life, so we support our teams 100% no matter what and 90K showing up for spring games shows we live for football.

Who would not want to coach for a school like that with a following that will travel to the ends of the earth to watch you play.

Those are all reasonable points, but you can say the same or maybe even better for most of them with Texas.

1. Texas is and always has been top dog in the State. Agreed, there is more in state competition, but we are top dog.
2. History and pipeline to the NFL are among the nation's best at both schools.
3. I would argue the facilities are even better at Texas than Bama, though both are great.
4. Austin is one of the coolest places on earth. I've been all over, and it is about as good as you can get.
5. Also in Austin you have no state tax.
6. Out of state recruiting is a pain. In Texas you can stay home and still get the country's best. Having to go out of state could be viewed as a disadvantage.
7. SEC is a great conference and on top of the college world right now, no doubt. But football is a way of life in Texas as well.
8. Texas can offer more money, with less taxes.

Now, with all that being said - I don't think Saban would leave Bama. If I'm starting from scratch, I chose Texas. If I am sitting in Saban's shoes, I stay at Bama. However, there is at least reason for Bama fans to worry.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I owuld counter there is less competition in Texas's recruitign grounds than in Bama's. State of Bama has a lot of recruits, but not enough to supply championships. FRom 2008-2013 Texas produced 2147 FBS players, average of 358 a yr. Alabama is at 502 and 84 a yr. Competition is much higher in the SEC. 8 of the top 25 spenders in football are in the SEC. There are only 2 in the Big 12. Texas spends more than any Big 12 team, but would be 4th in the SEC and 3rd in teh SEC west. I would give Texas a recruiting advantage.Texas has an advantage over pretty much everyone in that area. Only school, I think has an argument is USC. I would not include Florida, only because Miami and FSU are there.

Stadium and facilities are pretty equal, so no real need to argue there. The biggest difference I see is the recruiting grounds and the ability spend more. Bama spends 25% of their athletic revenue on football, where Texas is at just 15%. Not to mention Austin is a very popular city at the moment. Continually ranked as one of hte better places to live in the country. One of the cooler cities that a major college is located in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all reasonable points, but you can say the same or maybe even better for most of them with Texas.

1. Texas is and always has been top dog in the State. Agreed, there is more in state competition, but we are top dog.
2. History and pipeline to the NFL are among the nation's best at both schools.
3. I would argue the facilities are even better at Texas than Bama, though both are great.
4. Austin is one of the coolest places on earth. I've been all over, and it is about as good as you can get.
5. Also in Austin you have no state tax.
6. Out of state recruiting is a pain. In Texas you can stay home and still get the country's best. Having to go out of state could be viewed as a disadvantage.
7. SEC is a great conference and on top of the college world right now, no doubt. But football is a way of life in Texas as well.
8. Texas can offer more money, with less taxes.

Now, with all that being said - I don't think Saban would leave Bama. If I'm starting from scratch, I chose Texas. If I am sitting in Saban's shoes, I stay at Bama. However, there is at least reason for Bama fans to worry.

1. A&M will disagree with this currently and there is a case for paradigm shift here. Texas has made its bed and there are many vying to,lie in it currently. Being top dog forever does not mean they always will be, things change.

8. Can, but would they for a coach who is not likely to stay too long. He is 60+ and looking for that end to his long career in a few years. And truthfully, i am not sure they can offer more that Bama, it becomes a foolhardy task if you go to far above the norm and Saban is already making more than almost all the NFL coaches(save 3 last I heard) and is the top paid in College unless someone surpassed him in recent raises.

Point being and you said this, why make a switch, you have a thoroughbred that is already trained, fed and ready for the big race, why switch horses and have to retrain that one to run your race. Stay the course and assure your place in the HoF(like its not already assured)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are starting from scratch, and you have to choose between Texas and Bama, the question is what is more important to you.

At Texas, you can be filthy rich, and not mobbed everywhere you go. You can live like a normal guy, and still run your program. Austin is a top city in this country with many offerings. You don't have to recruit OOS, and you will pocket more money and pay less taxes. The AD generates more revenue than any other school, so spending won't be an issue. Even in down years the school outsells every other school in the nation in merchandising. AND you have tradition and history.

At Bama, you are the state flagship of pretty much all sports since there are no pro franchises. You will be mobbed, slobbered over, and will not even be able to have dinner out without interruption. You will make top dollar, but you will live in a fishbowl. Your AD makes coin, so spending won't be an issue, but you will have to compete harder for recruits, AND you will HAVE TO recruit OOS. You have a ton of history and tradition.

Both are great jobs. But I'd take Texas simply because I can live better in Austin, have an easier conference to win, and don't have to travel much to recruit.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagonbo2;3640060[B said:
]1. A&M will disagree with this currently and there is a case for paradigm shift here. Texas has made its bed and there are many vying to,lie in it currently. Being top dog forever does not mean they always will be, things change.[/B]

8. Can, but would they for a coach who is not likely to stay too long. He is 60+ and looking for that end to his long career in a few years. And truthfully, i am not sure they can offer more that Bama, it becomes a foolhardy task if you go to far above the norm and Saban is already making more than almost all the NFL coaches(save 3 last I heard) and is the top paid in College unless someone surpassed him in recent raises.

Point being and you said this, why make a switch, you have a thoroughbred that is already trained, fed and ready for the big race, why switch horses and have to retrain that one to run your race. Stay the course and assure your place in the HoF(like its not already assured)

Not really. Even when A&M was better Texas still was top dog. Texas is THE flagship of the state......have you seen the fanbase maps that have been on facebook recently? This won't change because of a down year or two, and NO, A&M is not even in the ball park in terms of money with Texas.

Texas generated 100mill in revenue just on football last year. They are the only school in NCAA history to do this, IN A DOWN YEAR to boot. They also lead the NCAA in merchandising.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. A&M will disagree with this currently and there is a case for paradigm shift here. Texas has made its bed and there are many vying to,lie in it currently. Being top dog forever does not mean they always will be, things change.

-
It is a trend of 1 whole yr, likely 2 yrs. Did Auburn wining a title change the dynamic? Auburn won 5 straight Iron Bowls (I believe) and it flipped pretty fast. Texas running on all cylinders is #1 in Texas, just like Alabama. It can change, but it will take more than a couple yrs.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave this here. This was done a few months ago - notice the lack of TAMU colors in Texas.

ByHmwLW.jpg

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have a question them and a statement. First the question.

If Texas has all those recruits and can stay in state and get FBS level talent, and are the top dog in the state, why are they not a top 5 team every year?

And the statement. I dont see the person who replaces Mack as the one who will revive the program to a top ranked position due to the stigma. Fans will want to win immediately since he has let the program slide recently and not be a contender in recent years. We are now 4 years removed from the last trip to Title hopes and its apparent this year is not happening either. I think it will be a coach that comes in after the program has struggled for a few years after Mack leaves that returns them to prominence. This seems to be how it happens at many schools.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to recruit OOS, and you will pocket more money and pay less taxes.

true, but in the long run, isn't the cost of living higher than say Tuscaloosa?

of course if you have money such as a HC is paid, it really doesn't matter and ya, if I had to choose, I'd rather be in Austin than Tuscaloosa, no doubt.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are great jobs. But I'd take Texas simply because I can live better in Austin, have an easier conference to win, and don't have to travel much to recruit.

The thing about the SEC to me that has made them rise to the top is coaching. That conference has great coaching that gets the most out of great recruits.

Two examples over the past few years, Texas has great recruits and they are floundering as of late. Clemson has a reputation of great recruits but always finds a way to screw the pooch.

You pull Saban from Alabama and most other teams in the B12 are going to have to counter and go after great coaching as well. They can pretend they don't and suffer the consequences.

More than likely pulling Saban from BAMA will in x amount of years rise the B12 to be known as the best conference in CFB. Either that or Texas will simply dominate every year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have a question them and a statement. First the question.

If Texas has all those recruits and can stay in state and get FBS level talent, and are the top dog in the state, why are they not a top 5 team every year?

And the statement. I dont see the person who replaces Mack as the one who will revive the program to a top ranked position due to the stigma. Fans will want to win immediately since he has let the program slide recently and not be a contender in recent years. We are now 4 years removed from the last trip to Title hopes and its apparent this year is not happening either. I think it will be a coach that comes in after the program has struggled for a few years after Mack leaves that returns them to prominence. This seems to be how it happens at many schools.

Just having talent alone is not going to win you titles.

If you have a bad meal, do you blame the ingredients or the chef?

Talent is not and never will be an issue for Texas. Any good coach will have mostly his pick of the litter. The question is whether that talent is being properly utilized and prepared. One of Mack's BIGGEST PROBLEMS is that you don't see growth from the talent on his teams. Recruits don't necessarily get better here.

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y’all can take Muschamp back to Texas. Give us Charlie Strong at UF.

And LOL at UF wanting “Big Game Bob”. You can keep that train wreck. There was a short time period after he went to OU and when Spurrier left that UF courted him. But that was several years and numerous OU BCS losses ago........

:D
Hell yeah!!!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly you are not aware of Aggie jokes and their popularity. There is no paradigm shift occurring.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah!!!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!! BRING CHARLIE BACK!!!

Charlie called, he said Fuck Florida. He also stated you had your chance and blew it, so eat shit.