• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mushcamp to Texas?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
So tell me why Alabama is a superior job to Texas. What inherent advantages does Bama have over Texas? Saban dies tomorrow. Both Texas and Bama are looking for a coach. You have a 10 yr decision to make. Both offer 5mm per for 10 yrs, which job do you take and why.

OOH, OOH, can i answer this one please?:lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Incomparison to Alabama, they are right now. And they're not the only school. Nick Saban isnt leaving AL for TX.

So I am supposed to listen to a kid that roots for Alabama, Pittsburgh, and the Lakers...:noidea:

In comparison to Alabama Texas is and has been and will be an equal to the Tide program.

Most likely Saban wont go to Texas. Thanks for the update Nostradamus.

But if their was one school he would leave Bama for it is the premier coaching job in football. NFL or College, that is Texas.

Just because Bama are the kings currently and Texas is down has no bearing on the class of the program. Texas is a 1st rate program. You said they weren't.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said that in an earlier post. They are one the most historical in cfb history.

Oh, please tell us about the history of Texas. Please. I will wait while you go to wiki. And I am not talking about Vince Young either.

Were you 5 when the BCS was introduced?

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am supposed to listen to a kid that roots for Alabama, Pittsburgh, and the Lakers...:noidea:

In comparison to Alabama Texas is and has been and will be an equal to the Tide program.

But if their was one school he would leave Bama for it is the premier coaching job in football. NFL or College, that is Texas.

Just because Bama are the kings currently and Texas is down has no bearing on the class of the program. Texas is a 1st rate program. You said they weren't.

Who said you had to listen?

One thing is for certain with NO doubt: both schools are better and more historical than Oregon.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a good job, but it is no better than the OU job, believe me. I'd rate them equal.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not so sure this is true. He despises the spread offenses and high flying circus that is associated with many of their schools. He loves a defensive league with more smash mouth styles of football and the Big 12 is certainly not that. I would imagine that Alabama would pony up whatever it took to keep Saban, but I certainly dont see him ever coaching in the Big 12 for the reasons i stated above...especially at his age and his impending retirement in 10 years or so(me wishful thinking).

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing is for certain with NO doubt: both schools are better and more historical than Oregon.

No shit???:noidea:

And here I thought Oregon had the history of Notre Dame, USC, Bama, and Michigan

Seriously kid, run along.. Grown ups are trying to talk.

And stay the fuck off the PAC thread.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure this is true. He despises the spread offenses and high flying circus that is associated with many of their schools. He loves a defensive league with more smash mouth styles of football and the Big 12 is certainly not that. I would imagine that Alabama would pony up whatever it took to keep Saban, but I certainly dont see him ever coaching in the Big 12 for the reasons i stated above...especially at his age and his impending retirement in 10 years or so(me wishful thinking).
-
i agree. The only way he does is because he wants the challenge and to make history. Plus he knows Texas is a quick fix with the right coach. Not a school that is would take 5 yrs to rise from the ashes.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most Oregon fans not named OD wouldn't argue that. They know where they stand as the new kid on the block and are grateful for the success they're having and will probably have in the future.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
So tell me why Alabama is a superior job to Texas. What inherent advantages does Bama have over Texas? Saban dies tomorrow. Both Texas and Bama are looking for a coach. You have a 10 yr decision to make. Both offer 5mm per for 10 yrs, which job do you take and why.
More downside to Texas. No matter what he does from this point on he has been successful at Alabama and no one could argue. HOF is assured. Go to Texas and can't win a NC and it almost becomes a failure. The only reason he makes the move is if he is bored and really really wants the challenge. If that is what drives him then the move is a possibility but most sane people would advise against it although I would leverage it into a huge payday from Bama. Since Jimmy Sexton is his agent that is a distinct possibility.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think setting historical records at bama would be more appealing to him than changing schools.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More downside to Texas. No matter what he does from this point on he has been successful at Alabama and no one could argue. HOF is assured. Go to Texas and can't win a NC and it almost becomes a failure. The only reason he makes the move is if he is bored and really really wants the challenge. If that is what drives him then the move is a possibility but most sane people would advise against it although I would leverage it into a huge payday from Bama. Since Jimmy Sexton is his agent that is a distinct possibility.
I assume that will happen. College coaches will certainly be leveraging off Texas coaching search. Macks biggest cheerleaders are made up of AD across the country.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is the hole in that argument. The SEC defenses >>>>>> Big 12 defenses.

A 5-7 year run in the Big12 would be what we are looking at. It isn't like the hunh zone read and high flying offenses in the big 12 are on the level of the aTms and Oregons.

Don't think this happens. But it is Nick Saban. He can do what he wants and succeed wherever he goes in the College game regardless of the style of football being played.

When you see the hunh offense once or twice a year you aren't preparing for it week in n week out like say you would be in the PAC. When you are in a conference that primarily runs a certain types of offenses that is what you will adhere too defensively.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
be my guest. Always willing to listen to reasonable opinions

I would choose Alabama and not for personal reasons.

In Alabama that school is top dog and does not have to fight hard, most times, for top instate recruits that want to stay home.

It has a long history of football excellence and tradition, which is appealing to kids.

It has a pipeline to the NFL and touts its recruits that have gone on to the NFL recently as a recruiting tool.

Its facilities are top notch in comparison to other schools in the country with more being built every day.

The school has a small town feel, but a big league presence within the NCAA.

In Texas, there are lots of recruits, but also lots of big college going after the same top recruits, In Alabama we have little competition.

Recruiting is nationwide at Alabama and they dont mind crossing state lines to pluck your best recruits from you state or any state.

And the best reason....According to many outside the SEC, Football is a Religion and a way of life, so we support our teams 100% no matter what and 90K showing up for spring games shows we live for football.

Who would not want to coach for a school like that with a following that will travel to the ends of the earth to watch you play.

Last edited by a moderator: