• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ White Sox: June 25th - 27th

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gee the M's get wrecked in the bullpen game? I am shocked!

200.gif

That said series win in Comiskey is impressive. Especially with the pitchers they faced.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t complain with two wins this weekend but man I just don’t need to see anymore of Montero. Just move on and use anyone from the minors that could maybe be a solution moving forward

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuzzi couldn't see a ball land 6 inches fair from 10 feet away so imma take Hector's side on this one.
Yeah I’m curious how this plays out. He was getting taken out of the game anyway but more the principle obviously

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What BS have hitters been getting away with? Hall of Famers succeed (get a single) 30% of at bats. The game has always been pitcher friendly.

Spin rate isn't on paper only. The Astros grabbed Charlie Morton, an average pitcher, upped his spin rate substantially and turned him into an ace.

And hitting is good business, which is in the league's best interest. We don't need the meatheads like Mcgwire and Sosa, but we don't need the equivalent on the mound either. Balancing the game is good for the game.
The more egregious thing hitters have been getting away with is wearing armor up to bat taking away the inside pitch. Then an actual rule they are not suppose to step out of the box the way certain stars have gotten away with. Without question baseball is pitcher friendly though, but that is the sport.

Spin rate isn’t only on paper, you are right. It is the modern day sinker. Where a few pitchers actually pitch better with it. Baseball bonkers are trying to make a sinker a real pitch but only a few did it matter. IMO using any sticky substance on the ball is netted because MLB keeps screwing with the balls. The winding and unwinding of the ball, tighter leather or looser leather, and less mud on the ball pre game IMO is where I don’t care whether pitchers try to get an advantage back. With the tweaking off the ball it really has come to whether MLB wants their pitchers getting injured.

Agree we don’t need McGwires or Sosa’s but that is how baseball is nowadays being taught with analytics bastardizing offense. But my final argument is we do want the game balanced, just my opinion is sticky substances don’t offset that balance. It is when there is any slippery substance on the ball like sweat, Vaseline etc. That is the original spin rate as well as it is dangerous for batters and defenders when a ball gets hit to them.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually proud of Servais here

You know I noticed it while it was happening and it ticked me off. He was safe by inches when he could have been safe by feet. I actually didn't notice he was replaced. Glad I saw this.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t complain with two wins this weekend but man I just don’t need to see anymore of Montero. Just move on and use anyone from the minors that could maybe be a solution moving forward
Maybe they can bring up Art Warren...