• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs White Sox; 5/18 - 5/21

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another quick game today. over in less than 15 minutes.

the fall will be precipitous against washington/boston/colorado. be prepared.

The importance of pitching in the game of baseball, it's so important ....

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To suggest that no team has ever dealt with losing the majority of their rotation, in the history of baseball...

That is very hyperbolic.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that a football, baseball or basketball team's injury situation was "historic" or "No! You don't understand! Ours is special!"... I'd have a lot of dollars.
If you want to be an anal retentive spoil sport and refuse to read in a touch of sarcasm, that is your choice.
But, Zona is here every day. We like Zona. We don't know you. So, in my most politically correct voice and sweet tone, allow me to say, fuck off.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To suggest that no team has ever dealt with losing the majority of their rotation, in the history of baseball...

That is very hyperbolic.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that a football, baseball or basketball team's injury situation was "historic" or "No! You don't understand! Ours is special!"... I'd have a lot of dollars.
What I said was it has never happened in the history of baseball this early. They went over those stats on one of the games a couple of weeks back and looked at early season injuries and this is indeed unique if you trust the guys doing the research for the official team broadcast.

I didn't say no team has ever had a blown up rotation, but none have been this destroyed this early in the season.

This team hasn't once had their expected 5 for the entire season. Not once. This is historic in that regard.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all used to getting numb about this team by September, but has it ever happened that it comes this early? I mean it's not even June yet and I really couldn't give a shit less about this team. Oh sure, I'll still watch and follow it, but I honestly don't care if they keep on losing and I fully expect that to continue.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that series done, welcome back to the divisional basement, Mariners.

Enjoy your stay; you'll be there forever!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all used to getting numb about this team by September, but has it ever happened that it comes this early? I mean it's not even June yet and I really couldn't give a shit less about this team. Oh sure, I'll still watch and follow it, but I honestly don't care if they keep on losing and I fully expect that to continue.

My feelings exactly. I remember as a kid feeling the same way back in the late '70's and all the '80's. I didn't want to go back there, but yet here we are. Sad for a team that actually really tried to build something but failed big time.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...They actually TRIED?
With all the roster moves JD made, I would say yes... on offense. He got rid of all the impatient hitters and brought in guys that could get on base. However, his biggest bust is the bullpen. What he proved as a GM is you don't want to focus on just one area and neglect others.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is they are guaranteed not to lose a game today. So there's that.

I mean they are fully screwed the rest of the week, but today is entirely safe.