• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's vs Rays April 26th - 28th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for Goldsmith and whoever else, hitting balls directly at fielders is not bad luck. It is millions of dollars in research showing where each hitter hits on average and apparently their info is right.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Law of averages caught up to us the last two games. Playing with a 6 man lineup will hurt you in the long run. Playing Toro everyday makes it a 5 man lineup.

So when does this All-Star we got arrive? I heard a lot about him in March.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is this: What is it with us and early leads?!
Been a problem for too long, where you just can't trust us to hold on as soon as we open scoring.
Such was the case today. Errors, pitching chokes...yet another established trademark move we developed over the years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is this: What is it with us and early leads?!
Been a problem for too long, where you just can't trust us to hold on as soon as we open scoring.
Such was the case today. Errors, pitching chokes...yet another established trademark move we developed over the years.
I hear what you are saying, but a 1-0 lead in the first should never hold up in the majors. We have a hard time playing add-on because we have a 5 man lineup until Haniger comes back then we will have a 6 man lineup. That isn't even discounting the fact last years All-Star we traded for has shown zero power and hits right to the defenders.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losses like that and always will, Murphy striking out on a check swing to end the game while pinch hitting would have got his ass planted on the bench for a while if we had a manager like Lou. Swing the damned bat, protect the strike zone. Don't just watch strike three fly past like you are a rookie.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate losses like that and always will, Murphy striking out on a check swing to end the game while pinch hitting would have got his ass planted on the bench for a while if we had a manager like Lou. Swing the damned bat, protect the strike zone. Don't just watch strike three fly past like you are a rookie.
Totally agree, but it was a ball. With that said, we all know they are going to call them so protect the plate. Strike 3 check swings and strike 1 check swings kill me. Especially strike 1 because there is no need. Either swing or don't, but there is no real issue if you don't but check swing then hit a tapper for an out drives me nuts.