• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: June 18th - 26th

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver should be backup catcher and that's it. Locklear should be given a chance to be the starter at first. Haniger should never be in the field. Moore should be a bench player. Let the young guys show what they can do. Trade France and Polanco.

All JMO of course. Can't be worse than what we've seen so far all year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, first guy out when Polanco comes back has to be Robles.

I have no problem dropping Locklear back down since he is sitting and has no real spot to hit as a righty 1B/DH in this group. Servais loves the vets.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the popular usual suspects not having good seasons this year, he is probably the front runner for the CY right now. If I'm jinxing him, I don't care. I don't want him to win it. Him winning it will just make it that much harder for us to re-sign him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the popular usual suspects not having good seasons this year, he is probably the front runner for the CY right now. If I'm jinxing him, I don't care. I don't want him to win it. Him winning it will just make it that much harder for us to re-sign him.
Ya I was just thinking after the game that he is pricing himself out of our range. Good for him though.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might just be my cynical Mariners side talking, but I think Gilbert is gone regardless once his arbitration years are up, so I'd rather see him win it if he continues to pitch like this.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might just be my cynical Mariners side talking, but I think Gilbert is gone regardless once his arbitration years are up, so I'd rather see him win it if he continues to pitch like this.
Well, if you are aligned with my thinking and a couple of other guys in here, I'm thinking he is gone before the last of his arbitration years. The way arbitration dollars are going, and assuming Gilbert does not get injured nor lose his effectiveness, he will be well in excess of $20 million in his last year of arbitration, and at least $17 million in his second to last year of arbitration.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they were paying Felix $300,000 per inning to pitch the last few years of his contract, they woke up and smelled the coffee and got buyers remorse and real cold feet moving forward
The crap teams Felix had to play for, they should still be paying him.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be great if the FO would step up and offer a contract.
They better start at 7 years/$210 million, and they won't, and they shouldn't. Did you see what Wheeler recently signed for? Do you think that Gilbert is any less of a pitcher than Wheeler?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better start at 7 years/$210 million, and they won't, and they shouldn't. Did you see what Wheeler recently signed for? Do you think that Gilbert is any less of a pitcher than Wheeler?
Free agent at 30-31. Do you just arb him out for the next 3 seasons or sign him long term or deal him and start the cycle over? Should be interesting this offseason or next.