• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: June 18th - 26th

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I'm still sticking to my response in the poll that they will be in 2nd place at the break. Without some big acquisitions by the deadline they won't take the lead back in the second half.

They have the very worst offense in the game.
I think they will still have a decent lead by the AS break. They still have a big lead on the Astros but you are right about them needing acquisitions. We know the Astros will upgrade and the Rangers will be getting healthy soon.

They didn’t have to sweep the Marlins but they had to win 2/3. They have a weak schedule for the rest of the year but what does that even matter when the M’s play to their opponents level.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will still have a decent lead by the AS break. They still have a big lead on the Astros but you are right about them needing acquisitions. We know the Astros will upgrade and the Rangers will be getting healthy soon.

They didn’t have to sweep the Marlins but they had to win 2/3. They have a weak schedule for the rest of the year but what does that even matter when the M’s play to their opponents level.
Stros only have 1 series against a team above .500 through the break after today. M's have a fairly tough stretch. Their only home series left until the break are against the Twins, Orioles, and Blue Jays. I could see them dropping 2 of 3 against any of them.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might just be my cynical Mariners side talking, but I think Gilbert is gone regardless once his arbitration years are up, so I'd rather see him win it if he continues to pitch like this.
That's a good attitude to have as well. I actually like your attitude on this better than mine.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team... :L

Ju-li-no to end it

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Sunday we had a 10-game lead. After the Astros finish off the Orioles in a few minutes, our lead will be down to 6 games. How quickly the turns are tabling.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

I'm still sticking to my response in the poll that they will be in 2nd place at the break. Without some big acquisitions by the deadline they won't take the lead back in the second half.

They have the very worst offense in the game.
Yeah..I don't want it to be right..it just is..

Aashhhhh...Charlie Brown . ( When lousie takes the ball.away..)..again..
Lolololol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Toronto...dost like keener falifa .
Know they are so far hehind..Yankees.
And Baltimore .

Ulmax..( dumbat.)
Yeah right .get a clue ...
Johnny brown...

Johnny..
Whell..uuh..well..
You ulmax..cherrie wood furnichure..

Ulmax .
Well..know... .(dumbat club..for sure)
Lolololol

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was so cute seeing Julio smiling and be playful with the 2B after the final out. Glad to know he is so warm and fuzzy even in defeat...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't blame you. Even if team ownership and upper management weren't lying (they are) about being buyers of offense prior to the deadline, I just don't see the impact bats that will help as much as the help we need. Seems like there are an uncommonly small number of players with strong offensive seasons this year and about 85% of them belong to players on contending teams (who will not trade them), or teams within our division (who will not trade with us), or players who are still in a team-friendly contract situation (i.e., less than five full yeaRs of MLB service).

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was so cute seeing Julio smiling and be playful with the 2B after the final out. Glad to know he is so warm and fuzzy even in defeat...
Lou would have never allowed that to be ok

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm going back to .playing chess..
Against the Thomas mars bot ..
Cant beat the Magnuson bot ..but sometimes I get lucky against the Mars.
Bot..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he needs the mamba mentality, you gotta HATE losing man!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame you. Even if team ownership and upper management weren't lying (they are) about being buyers of offense prior to the deadline, I just don't see the impact bats that will help as much as the help we need. Seems like there are an uncommonly small number of players with strong offensive seasons this year and about 85% of them belong to players on contending teams (who will not trade them) or teams within our division (who will not trade with us).
IMO the right vet with the right attitude could wake up most of this lineup. They lack a leader with a killer instinct.

You don't have to change half the lineup to impact the clubhouse culture. One or two is more than enough.

They won't go after them either way, but that's all it would take.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Toronto...dost like keener falifa .
Know they are so far hehind..Yankees.
And Baltimore .

Ulmax..( dumbat.)
Yeah right .get a clue ...
Johnny brown...

Johnny..
Whell..uuh..well..
You ulmax..cherrie wood furnichure..

Ulmax .
Well..know... .(dumbat club..for sure)
Lolololol
I believe Toronto will ultimately will sell before the deadline. I just don't want Dipoto to get Julio Cruzed by Toronto again. Bichette is having a super down year and is now on the IL to boot. Vlad Jr's SLG has dropped three straight years and is just a shadow of what it was in 2001. If that is the best he can do playing games in Rogers Centre, image what he will look like playing half his games in T-Mobile. Besides, VGJr is on pace for approx 17 homers and 65 RBI. That is barely more than the pace Haniger is on.