• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: June 18th - 26th

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the right vet with the right attitude could wake up most of this lineup. They lack a leader with a killer instinct.

You don't have to change half the lineup to impact the clubhouse culture. One or two is more than enough.

They won't go after them either way, but that's all it would take.
Who do you suggest? Other than Vlad Jr and Bichette, both whom do not seem like leaders due to their age and (for me) their down seasons, I've only been able to come up with one solid name: Christian Walker. And I am not even sure if he will be available. He's a pending free agent, but his availability will depend on whether the DBacks GM likes their chances and how they perform over the next month. Right now they are only 1.5 games back from the wild card.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you suggest? Other than Vlad Jr and Bichette, both whom do not seem like leaders due to their age and (for me) their down seasons, I've only been able to come up with one solid name: Christian Walker. And I am not even sure if he will be available. He's a pending free agent, but his availability will depend on whether the DBacks GM likes their chances and how they perform over the next month. Right now they are only 1.5 games back from the wild card.
Former GM the other day was saying the M's were likely only going to improve on a trade with another contender because there were only maybe 5 true 'sell' teams this year with all the logjam around the WC slots. He believed Hancock and/or one of the other bigger names outside of the key starters would likely be needed to get what this team needs to take that next step.

He seemed to think Jerry could pull off something, but I'm not nearly as bullish on that prospect.

That's what you are likely talking about though. A bat for an arm.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former GM the other day was saying the M's were likely only going to improve on a trade with another contender because there were only maybe 5 true 'sell' teams this year with all the logjam around the WC slots. He believed Hancock and/or one of the other bigger names outside of the key starters would likely be needed to get what this team needs to take that next step.

He seemed to think Jerry could pull off something, but I'm not nearly as bullish on that prospect.

That's what you are likely talking about though. A bat for an arm.
Yeah, I don't think I'd want Hancock gone unless we knew for sure we could count on Woo making at least 80% of his starts over the last half of the season. Otherwise, you'd have to measure whether an incoming bat would gain you more wins than replacing Hancock with Diaz or bullpen starts would cause you more losses. That's a mouthful, I know. Have to soak it in and then analyze it a bit. It would have to be a pretty damn good bat.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..this is why the..national..
Guys are wrong...
Cuz Seattle..does not want the.players
The other team .
Wants to get..ride of...

they want.a.2b.they.
Won't have to .trade or dfa..and does not strike out ,a. .lot..and.in this case.
Fits with .rojas..if that is not..
Kiner- falifa ..
I don't know..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polanco in.. Toronto...sounds good to .
Me..players.have..a habit of hitting.
Better in Toronto..
It..seems...to..me ...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.toronto.is not going to playoffs anyway...so.polanco.willl. be free agent..
And give them..a draft..pick.maybe..
Probably..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it's not happen..I think that is what..
Seattle should be looking for .

For trade..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But that's the culture Servais brings to this franchise.
Did you see Servais after the game? He was answering questions and there was like a blowdryer or something drowning him out. He was getting his pissy face and asked someone to shut the door. I honestly thought he was about to cry. Cry about the losses dumbass!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think I'd want Hancock gone unless we knew for sure we could count on Woo making at least 80% of his starts over the last half of the season. Otherwise, you'd have to measure whether an incoming bat would gain you more wins than replacing Hancock with Diaz or bullpen starts would cause you more losses. That's a mouthful, I know. Have to soak it in and then analyze it a bit. It would have to be a pretty damn good bat.
And we can't pitch Miller on the road. That is a loss 80% of the time. Need to find a remedy to that. I would rather see Hancock or Keuchel pitch those games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they were paying Felix $300,000 per inning to pitch the last few years of his contract, they woke up and smelled the coffee and got buyers remorse and real cold feet moving forward
I agree there's risk but our luck he'll leave for a big contract and get better.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better start at 7 years/$210 million, and they won't, and they shouldn't. Did you see what Wheeler recently signed for? Do you think that Gilbert is any less of a pitcher than Wheeler?
Wheeler got his contract for his recent pitching performances in post season plus his entire body of work with both Mets and Phillies. He would have gotten big money from one of the top teams. Logan will get his money if Seattle doesn't pony up and he's getting better. I'd go 5yrs/150 which puts him at 32 and go from there. To answer your question, Logan is really coming into his own but unfair comparison to Wheeler as Wheeler has been dominate over longer period of time and post season success.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost..a guarantee.that..mariners.
Lose.pitching..
That is what the hurrie..is..
Other teams are not scared..to poney up..
Mariners .are ..
Not scared but cheap. Dodgers will shell out the money for Logan and take the risk/reward without batting an eye but the Mariners rather let these guys walk cause ownership only cares about having more money in their wallets.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next.is woo..better.off .in the bull.pen..
There.is a case to be made..
That he is ..

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next.is woo..better.off .in the bull.pen..
There.is a case to be made..
That he is ..
I like him as a starter but right now with these issues yes to the pen or shut him down till after ASB to give him rest. We don't need what happened in Baltimore with Bradish.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not scared but cheap. Dodgers will shell out the money for Logan and take the risk/reward without batting an eye but the Mariners rather let these guys walk cause ownership only cares about having more money in their wallets.
They billionaires ..are they scared .they.
Won't make more...billions .

I yi yi...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They billionaires ..are they scared .they.
Won't make more...billions .

I yi yi...
Anything that affects the bottom line, yes. Unless you put money into a team that consistently gets to the postseason and generates more money which is not this ownership group.