• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip: June 18th - 26th

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners..best.hitters..

Crawford....ss
Rojas..........3b
France.........,1byes..france...but still has 64.strike outs....
Who is staying..
Julio....cf
Cal Raleigh..cat..
Garver.....cat..
Raley.....LF
Canzone...RF .

I would assume..haniger ..but that may be to big an assumption...
Mariners need guys who don't.strike.out.
Cuz most those guys.do..
Except..
Crawford and Rojas..

Amed Rosario..Tampa .
Or kiner- falifa..blue jays.
Are good example.of what mariners need...at.2b..
At least...guys who strike out less ..again.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see polanco..back.
Even though I want to trade him .
He is all..mariners..have right know.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike out is the one..we're nothing happens...

Hit a fly..and..a fielder. could.trip..
Or stumble..ya never know..

Butt strike.out..is auto..zero.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya love strike outs for pitchers..
Not for hitter.s..

.julio..will.
Have as many..as Logan Gilbert..

Ok..its exagerated..but ya.get..my point

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok..
Logan..has..99..
Julio..only...91..
But logan.does not pitch.for a few days..
Julio.may catch.up

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, on to Tampa now...

Likely we'll give up this series to them, too. It's the start of the season crumbling away from us, doesn't matter how far up we are over the rest of the division...we'll be giving things away to someone else soon enough.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be so awesome if Stanton/Ownership REALLY wanted to have a Post season/WS team. As long as fans continue to boost their balance sheet, it appears that profits are the priotity. The Seattle area is one hell of a sports community and is committed to it's pro sports teams. It's just to damn sad that the Mariners do NOT have an ownership group who will take that next step, spend the necssaary funds and put together a prossional management team and group of players that Seattle has been waiting, wanting and hoping to have for so long. :yes:
That’s the weird thing though. Spending the extra money will make them a lot more money. Getting 8 home playoff games at a ridiculous ticket price, the extra merchandise with the different patches and guaranteeing yourself a sell out for April in 2025 is legit money for the team. Want a way to fix your tv revenue issue, win and make Amazon want Mariners fans money so they can do a tv deal. The M’s have a two year window right now and if they don’t capitalize on it fans and advertisers will gladly give their money to the new Sonics ownership group instead of the Mariners. Do the Mariners really want to go back to the days where NW fans only really paid attention post NBA playoffs and until the NFL preseason/college football season?

Also there is a false narrative that Jerry and his nut swingers always make, fans aren’t asking for ownership to spend an extra $100 million to the payroll. Just don’t bargain shop or make marginal moves. Quit making moves where the press conference on the trade is 75% about club control vs the actual player.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point of putting Woo in the pen. Either have him be your 5th starter or shut him down, for the year if the doctors think it's necessary. But putting him in the bullpen makes no sense to me.
Cause his stuff would play in the bullpen IMO. With this arm injury being in the bullpen allows for having an actual 5th starter and for him to help the team. All that is happening with him now is over working the undermanned bullpen and unless it’s shutting him down for the year, that overtaxing the bullpen will still be there when he come back on a pitch count. Him being healthy is ideal but the roster roulette IMO is going to cost the team in September just like last year

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think I'd want Hancock gone unless we knew for sure we could count on Woo making at least 80% of his starts over the last half of the season. Otherwise, you'd have to measure whether an incoming bat would gain you more wins than replacing Hancock with Diaz or bullpen starts would cause you more losses. That's a mouthful, I know. Have to soak it in and then analyze it a bit. It would have to be a pretty damn good bat.
I still think everyone is overlooking Dallas Keuchel as an option for the number 5 starter. Not ideal, but a better option than Diaz. IMO the only reason we haven’t seen him is because he isn’t on the 40 man and they got two spots but are for Evans and Santos.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point of putting Woo in the pen. Either have him be your 5th starter or shut him down, for the year if the doctors think it's necessary. But putting him in the bullpen makes no sense to me.
Trading for a 5th starter would put Woo in the pen for the rest of this year and it puts less stress on his arm/elbow and than reevaluate in the offseason unless like you said the docs say shut him down.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think everyone is overlooking Dallas Keuchel as an option for the number 5 starter. Not ideal, but a better option than Diaz. IMO the only reason we haven’t seen him is because he isn’t on the 40 man and they got two spots but are for Evans and Santos.
I'm all for whatever actually works. I just want these front office dipshits to think harder about the bats they trade our young pitchers for than they did about bringing in Polanco, Garver, and Haniger.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06