• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's leak first manger interviewee's name: Chip Hale of the A's

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manager Watch: Mariners interview Chip Hale - Lookout Landing

some nice zingers in this guy's piece:

"Who calls the shots? Is Jack Zduriencik reading off a post-it note...does Chuck Armstrong skype in to meetings with his own spot at the table reserved for an open laptop screen?"

"it feels a little weird that their first announced interview is the same guy that interviewed for the job in 2008, coming off a disappointing season that saw them lose more games than expected after a rebuild seemed to be on the right page a year before. Where have I heard this...I don't...hmmm..."

"Or perhaps the thing that kept them from hiring Hale then and going with Wakamatsu is now an accepted part of their thinking, representing (gasp) an ability to adapt one's thinking and process in the face of continued failure. What's that thing they say about insanity?"

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is off topic and I apologize but I think we should sign Corey Hart and pray that Morales gets picked up so we can get that draft pick! Then maybe we try and go after Choo!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Chip is the first of nearly 2 dozen candidates from what i understand I would like for Jack to interview a few more before making this decision because his job is really on the line

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another name I just saw.
Rick Renteria, current bench coach of the Padres apparently met with Z today according to Greg Johns of Mlb.com.
Renteria also interviewed with the Cubs earlier this week. Apparently several have already been interviewed but that's only the 2nd name I have heard thus far.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a couple names to interview list. Longtime Giant bench coach Ron Wotus and current Tiger hitting coach Lloyd McClendon.