• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr Smith offers?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta see him develop over a 2-3 year period. he came out of college as a raw qb.

You didn't answer my question. How are you gonna know if he's ready or not? What's gonna be different 3 years from now from your viewpoint?

How was he anymore raw than Andy Dalton coming out?

And it's not like we need Kaepernick to come in right away and set the world ablaze.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did the cat from Auburn and he did well last year. If they could not sign Smith I would not be averse to just putting Kaepernick out there and seeing what he can do. No better circumstances to learn under than when you got a stellar defense backing you up.

No better way to waste the best defense in the league than to start an untested unknown at QB.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer my question. How are you gonna know if he's ready or not? What's gonna be different 3 years from now from your viewpoint?

How was he anymore raw than Andy Dalton coming out?

And it's not like we need Kaepernick to come in right away and set the world ablaze.

dalton didn't have issues with his throwing motion, etc. kap is more about physical ability with higher potential, dalton was more trent dilferish.

not every qb can just get thrown into the circus. especially when we don't have the proper supporting cast

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dalton didn't have issues with his throwing motion, etc. kap is more about physical ability with higher potential, dalton was more trent dilferish.

not every qb can just get thrown into the circus. especially when we don't have the proper supporting cast

Dalton didn't have issues with his motion, but he wasn't without questions. Arm strength, size, competition, offense were all question marks Dalton had. Kap is much bigger, stronger, more athletic, and has a much better arm. Yes, CK has an unorthodox release but that's not gonna change much anyways whether he's on the bench 3 years or 10.

Sure, CK came from a pistol offense, but it's not like he doesn't have experience throwing it. Kap averaged 318 attempts per year and Dalton averaged 329 per.

And stop with this supporting cast BS. We have a good OL, a good backfield, one of the best TE duos in the league, the best special teams and best defense in the league. Not to mention one of the best QB coaches in the league.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are we supposed to start looking for a QB, when we don't have a good defense?

Duh, when Alex Smith retires or signs for another team. :doh:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton didn't have issues with his motion, but he wasn't without questions. Arm strength, size, competition, offense were all question marks Dalton had. Kap is much bigger, stronger, more athletic, and has a much better arm. Yes, CK has an unorthodox release but that's not gonna change much anyways whether he's on the bench 3 years or 10.

Sure, CK came from a pistol offense, but it's not like he doesn't have experience throwing it. Kap averaged 318 attempts per year and Dalton averaged 329 per.

And stop with this supporting cast BS. We have a good OL, a good backfield, one of the best TE duos in the league, the best special teams and best defense in the league. Not to mention one of the best QB coaches in the league.

horrible interior line, bad blocking schemes and bad wr's. a pistol offense is not something u can just expect anyone to hit the ground running in the nfl. i prefer to bring guys along slowly unless there's minimal questions about their ability.

brees came from a spread offense in purdue. sit him.

rodgers came from tedfords bs, sit him.

alex smith came from urban meyers spread offense, sit him.

pennington came from marshal's spread offense, sit him.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
horrible interior line, bad blocking schemes and bad wr's. a pistol offense is not something u can just expect anyone to hit the ground running in the nfl. i prefer to bring guys along slowly unless there's minimal questions about their ability.

so, does that mean you had no questions with Bradford's abilities?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do i have to go through every qb from the past 10 years?
:fencing:

No, being that he was more recent than the others from a spread style offense, i was curious about what you thought of his abilities and should he have sat as well? Just conversation, not a fencing situation... :peace2:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iupati, Goodwin, and Snyder are not horrible. Your strategy to put everyone else down on offense to prop up Alex has gotten real old.

Bad blocking schemes? Are you kidding me? So now Harbaugh and Roman don't know how to utilize blocking schemes? It's Alex who doesn't know how to readjust blocking schemes for a particular defense or to make any pre-snap judgements or reads. He's not a savvy LOS QB at all.

What about Cam Newton? Andy Dalton? Matt Ryan? Joe Flacco? Ben Roethlisberger? Sam Bradford?

All seemed to do pretty well starting their first year from after being in a non-pro set in college.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue replacing Alex, what I have a problem with is replacing Alex with Kaep and no safety net behind him. Ideally (if Manning signs elsewhere) I want to see Alex and Kaep share first time reps and playing time in preseason games with the 1's an whomever performs wins the job. Make it a competition. Each player then pushes to o their best. I am highly skeptical of Kaep having watched a lot of him living here in Nevada.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue replacing Alex, what I have a problem with is replacing Alex with Kaep and no safety net behind him. Ideally (if Manning signs elsewhere) I want to see Alex and Kaep share first time reps and playing time in preseason games with the 1's an whomever performs wins the job. Make it a competition. Each player then pushes to o their best. I am highly skeptical of Kaep having watched a lot of him living here in Nevada.

what about this guy, does he deserve some reps?

Scott Tolzien Highlights - YouTube

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati, Goodwin, and Snyder are not horrible. Your strategy to put everyone else down on offense to prop up Alex has gotten real old.

Bad blocking schemes? Are you kidding me? So now Harbaugh and Roman don't know how to utilize blocking schemes? It's Alex who doesn't know how to readjust blocking schemes for a particular defense or to make any pre-snap judgements or reads. He's not a savvy LOS QB at all.

What about Cam Newton? Andy Dalton? Matt Ryan? Joe Flacco? Ben Roethlisberger? Sam Bradford?

All seemed to do pretty well starting their first year from after being in a non-pro set in college.

what did smth have to do with the interior line not being able to get any push? goodwin and snyder were not good last year. pass rushers went unblocked many times as well.

the saints made adjustments midseason to minimize their weaknesses on the outside.

move davis inside and we'll see a much better interior line and less pockets getting blown up from the inside out. i think boone is a bit more capable of handling the outside. adding someone like konz would turn our line into a top 10 unit if he lives up to the hype of being a 1st round centre

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when are we supposed to start looking for a QB, when we don't have a good defense?

Its not a good defense, it's the best defense, a defense like this comes along once a decade and you dont waste it an untested unknown rookie when we were you know how close to making it to the Super Bowl. It really is asinine to think that's a good idea.

Turning the reins over to Peyton... I could see that. Turning it over to the as-yet-to-ever-have-played Kaepernick? Nuts.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a good defense, it's the best defense, a defense like this comes along once a decade and you dont waste it an untested unknown rookie when we were you know how close to making it to the Super Bowl. It really is asinine to think that's a good idea.

Turning the reins over to Peyton... I could see that. Turning it over to the as-yet-to-ever-have-played Kaepernick? Nuts.

You can risk it for Manning but not Kaep, IMO, unless Smith asks for too long or too much or Kaep shows it this offseason. I think we could go with Kaep, but it's best if we wait for him to beat out Smith, whether that's this offseason, this season, or next year. All signs point to him not having beaten out Smith and that Manning already has, if he chooses us.