• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr Luck with No Reggie

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Andrew doing with no legit #1 WR? Not much running game? With a Decent colts defense? I know you all love my comparisons. Lol

Luck made TY Hilton look awesome with Reggie out. On the road I might add. Have you noticed his WR core? It's laughable. And yes Luck would make Givens look the same as TY. He would make Pettis look good too because he can catch.

Blame it on the OC. Blame it on the Rams WRs. Blame it on the Rams O-Line. Blame it on the lights too while you're at it. Awhile back when I compared the colts and rams situation, everyone said that Reggie Wayne was why Luck was succeeding. Please go look at Luck's WR core!!

Bottom line: Luck makes plays and makes his WRs look good!
Can't say that about Sam can we?

Ever. Not once.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Ty Hilton is a nobody..he's actually pretty good and runs very good routes. Could be because he has learned to do that from a DAMN GOOD VETERAN which is something we lack with our Core.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. Come ON!!

TY is just as good as Givens. He's got speed and Good QB.

Look at the rest of Luck WRs. Sad!

Jeeeeez

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the best QB prospect since John Elway is performing well? Go figure

Bradford has a much better chance of being the QB here next year than Schotty being the OC. Not that Im a huge fan of OC scapegoating but someone might take the fall for these close losses

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent example SJ. And there are many more examples around the league how the QB has elevated not just the WRs but the rest of the offense around him. One that immediately comes to mind is Aaron Rogers. Look what he's had to work with this season. Now in no way am I comparing Bradford to Rogers. Bradford couldn't carry Rogers jock.....in a bag....at the end of a ten foot pole.....with security surrounding him. You get my point. We do have some talent at WR on the Rams. Like Jacobarch said in an earlier post, it's ridiculous to think we keep striking out on all these WRs we draft or sign FA. I think as fans we want our players to succeed so badly that we lose our objectivity and can't see the forest from the trees.

It's a deadly combination we have going in St. Louis right now. We have a complete buffoon at OC, and a mediocre QB who has no leadership abilities and hasn't matured from the college game. I used to be a Bradford sympathizer. I bought into all the rhetoric when he first came out of college and had a decent 1st year. But he's digressed since then. Find Ron Jaworski's evaluation of Bradford on the internet. You'll see he was dead on even a couple years ago on Bradford. Even taking into consideration all the arguments for why he isn't succeeding, I now am a desperate "Going Out of Business, Everything Must Go" seller. Sooner or later you must wake up and smell the coffee and cut your loses.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Boss. I knew there was a few of you still with some sense.

Point is that good QBs don't need a perfect scenario to succeed. They can find ways to win no matter what. And both Luck and Sam were number 1 picks so it's a fair comparison, especially now with no Reggie Wayne. I'm sure Luck would take the Rams weapons on offense right now over the Colts and would make a few of these WRs look very good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have to disagree with Jacobarc. The WRs we have brought in have just sucked. Besides Givens and Pettis, the guys on that list just aren't that good. Blame that on the front office, not coaching.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I wasn't disagreeing with you SJ I was just making a statement for Ty as he's turning into a pretty good wideout. What possibly helped him is having Future HOF RW showing him how its done.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah everyone else we have sucks.. Quick will get his occasional big play and then fade away.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's Andrew doing with no legit #1 WR? Not much running game? With a Decent colts defense? I know you all love my comparisons. Lol

Luck made TY Hilton look awesome with Reggie out. On the road I might add. Have you noticed his WR core? It's laughable. And yes Luck would make Givens look the same as TY. He would make Pettis look good too because he can catch.

Blame it on the OC. Blame it on the Rams WRs. Blame it on the Rams O-Line. Blame it on the lights too while you're at it. Awhile back when I compared the colts and rams situation, everyone said that Reggie Wayne was why Luck was succeeding. Please go look at Luck's WR core!!

Ever. Not once.

You mean the same team that the Rams smashed and Sam threw for 3TD's against? Ya Luck had a great night too. Good for him. You act like Sam was having a bad season or something. Is Sam as good as Luck, I don't think so. Can Sam be better? Yes. Do the Colts have a better team around them ? Yes. Do the colts have better coaching at this point? Yes. Do I understand what you're trying to get across? Nope.

SJ you sound a lot like a guy that used to troll the boards on ESPN. His name was Larry. I know you're not him and usually you have intelligent input on most discussions but this obsession you have with Bradford is unhealthy. We get it, you don't like him, truly we understand. You don't have to keep on pointing it out. Just do us all a favor, put "I hate Sammy B" in your signature and leave it at that.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have to disagree with Jacobarc. The WRs we have brought in have just sucked. Besides Givens and Pettis, the guys on that list just aren't that good. Blame that on the front office, not coaching.

I agree the WR's we've brought in haven't been the best........However, you want to put Tavon Austin on the Green bay packers and watch him light it up in the absence of Randell Cobb? Thats coaching......It's exactly how the rams should be using TA and they're not. It's called biffing, not knowing how to use talent. The Rams drafted Quick on physical talent alone. One you dont draft a WR in the 2nd round on Physical talent alone. He would of gone in the 4th, maybe later. We reached horribly on him. Thats Fisher, Snead and the Scouting dept. So it's a combination of both coaching and FO. Why do you think teams have good luck with WR's year after year? It's a combo of good scouting and coaching up the right players that fit your system. The Rams just haven't figured out their identity.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I wasn't disagreeing with you SJ I was just making a statement for Ty as he's turning into a pretty good wideout. What possibly helped him is having Future HOF RW showing him how its done.

:10: :agree:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sound like a troll for comparing 2 QBs that were picked #1 and that have similar style weapons at WR, no running game, and a slightly above average O-line? Sorry Jacob you sound a little butt hurt buddy. I will continue to show why Sam is not that good of a QB period.

Many of us had this discussion last year and the excuse was: Luck was so much better with a 34 year old Reggie Wayne. Another excuse was the schedule. And now TY is so good because of Wayne too and not because his QB is actually good?

And you think Sam lit up Houston? You mean the Rams D scoring a TD before the offense and the special teams scoring 1 too right? Lol. Defense gets 4 turnovers and Sam makes a few short throws!?!? Haha

This is my point... You delusionaires that actually think that win in Houston was on Sam! C'mon get ahold of yourself!!! That was good D and a total meltdown by the Texans. Did Sam have 3 TDs? Yes and also 170 some yards. The Rams D is the reason for many of the Rams wins the past few years. Sounds Tebowish huh?

See Jacob, many of us have seen the same Sam with 3-4 different coaches. Lol why is that? M:whistle:

Maybe a QB keeps making similar mistakes and just isn't good enough? Who's next so we can try another coach for Sammy? Gruden? madden? Lol

Please it's old.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sound like a troll for comparing 2 QBs that were picked #1 and that have similar style weapons at WR, no running game, and a slightly above average O-line? Sorry Jacob you sound a little butt hurt buddy. I will continue to show why Sam is not that good of a QB period.

Many of us had this discussion last year and the excuse was: Luck was so much better with a 34 year old Reggie Wayne. Another excuse was the schedule. And now TY is so good because of Wayne too and not because his QB is actually good?

And you think Sam lit up Houston? You mean the Rams D scoring a TD before the offense and the special teams scoring 1 too right? Lol. Defense gets 4 turnovers and Sam makes a few short throws!?!? Haha

This is my point... You delusionaires that actually think that win in Houston was on Sam! C'mon get ahold of yourself!!! That was good D and a total meltdown by the Texans. Did Sam have 3 TDs? Yes and also 170 some yards. The Rams D is the reason for many of the Rams wins the past few years. Sounds Tebowish huh?

See Jacob, many of us have seen the same Sam with 3-4 different coaches. Lol why is that? M:whistle:

Maybe a QB keeps making similar mistakes and just isn't good enough? Who's next so we can try another coach for Sammy? Gruden? madden? Lol

Please it's old.

Point is, we get you don't like him. Yes, I disagree with you, yes, I think you're being a bit over the top. Sure it's your right to rant and express your opinion. But at the end of the day that's all it is. You can say what you want about sam but numbers don't lie and time and time again I've shown his numbers up to week 5 against the numbers of those (except payton manning) who are 10 ten QB's in the league and he's right in the middle of it. You are right about one thing, at the end of the day it's all about winning and unfortunately in the NFL most of the blame gets put on the QB.
Also if you call throwing 3 TD's nothing then you need your head checked. Oh sorry the Defense actually came to play for the first time this season. The proof's in the pudding. If sam throws 3 or 4 TD's in that game and we lose, it's Automatically Sams fault right? lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent example SJ. And there are many more examples around the league how the QB has elevated not just the WRs but the rest of the offense around him. One that immediately comes to mind is Aaron Rogers. Look what he's had to work with this season. Now in no way am I comparing Bradford to Rogers. Bradford couldn't carry Rogers jock.....in a bag....at the end of a ten foot pole.....with security surrounding him. You get my point. We do have some talent at WR on the Rams. Like Jacobarch said in an earlier post, it's ridiculous to think we keep striking out on all these WRs we draft or sign FA. I think as fans we want our players to succeed so badly that we lose our objectivity and can't see the forest from the trees.

It's a deadly combination we have going in St. Louis right now. We have a complete buffoon at OC, and a mediocre QB who has no leadership abilities and hasn't matured from the college game. I used to be a Bradford sympathizer. I bought into all the rhetoric when he first came out of college and had a decent 1st year. But he's digressed since then. Find Ron Jaworski's evaluation of Bradford on the internet. You'll see he was dead on even a couple years ago on Bradford. Even taking into consideration all the arguments for why he isn't succeeding, I now am a desperate "Going Out of Business, Everything Must Go" seller. Sooner or later you must wake up and smell the coffee and cut your loses.
1. Aaron Rodgers might be one of the best QBs ever when all is said and done. To say that he doesn't have a good system around him is silly, though. Matt Flynn was able to replace Rodgers and looked good scoring like 5 or 6 TDs and Flynn is a terrible QB. McCown was able to look pretty good replacing Cutler the other day. Brady went down and Matt Cassel was excellent for a year. The system matters.

2. Ive seen Ron Jaworski's opinions of Bradford and its hard to disagree with a lot of them. We all probably have some issues with Bradford. Only someone looking for an argument would compare him to Luck.

3. I'm assuming you mean Bradford has regressed since his rookie year? Thats just simply not true. He regressed in his 2nd year and improved every year since then. His 3rd year was better than his rookie year.

4. To say that its time to cut our losses means that we have an opportunity to get a franchise guy. The Jaguars and Bucs likely have the top 2 QBs locked down and its very rare for a draft to produce 3 franchise QBs. We could get lucky drafting but even good drafting teams only hit half of the time

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever. Not once.

I don't believe anybody ever said Sam was better than Luck. Sam would not have been the #1 overall pick if he was in Luck's draft. Hell he wouldn't have been the #1 pick or the #1 QB drafted in the year following his draft. Luck is once every 10-15 year QB and probably the best QB drafted since P. Manning so comaparing him to Bradford is pointless.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to Indy on Sunday with my oldest son (Colts fan) to watch the Rams play against Luck and the Colts. One of us will be happy on the drive home and I'm 99.99999999999% it won't be me.:lol:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its about winning and losing. We as a team have not been winning. For a long time. I know we showed some improvement last year at least in our division. But that is now a memory. We have regressed.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Bum Phillips that said, "Statistics are like loose women. Once you have them you can do anything with them" Bradford's glittering stats have come largely during garbage time when the defense is playing soft (or rolling in the aisles laughing from his earlier game performances when he's throwing pick 6's and getting a total of 18 yards in the first half) Continue to support Bradford--you just look sillier with every passing season. He still looks like a college QB who panics when he has to make a tough decision. And you're right Clayton, he probably hasn't regressed, because he hasn't really improved enough to regress. And as far as the system that the QB plays in making a difference---OK. Bradford has been in 3 different systems at last count, and hasn't performed like a 1st round pick in any of them! As a matter of fact, that's the excuse every Bradford sympathizer was using up to this year.....that he's had no consistency in OC or offensive systems. Now which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Rogers is an unfair comparison I'll give you that. It's like comparing Filet Mignon to a McDonald's hamburger. But there are other examples around the league where the QB has elevated his team to perform better. When exactly did Bradford ever do that? Where is that statistic? Bradford fails the eyeball test to almost everybody who isn't viewing him through blue and gold "homer" colored lenses. If you want a realistic assessment, objectivity must be the perspective you take. Bradford's lustre is wearing off very quickly around the league. I would be surprised if he would get us a 2nd round pick at this point. He'll probably come back with "Happier Feet" then when he left with his latest injury.

If Fisher is here next season, then Shottenheimer will be here, and Bradford will be here. And the excuses for Bradford will be like peanuts, with his supporters able to choke a hippo with a flip of the lip. Might as well resign ourselves to another losing season if that's the case. Kill the head of the monster (Fisher) and the body will die.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Bum Phillips, but I like loose women.

Just sayin.

You mean down 24-3 in the 3rd Q versus ATL is garbage time Boss??

How dare you!