• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated rappers of all time?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminem predicted last year's Super Bowl with his lyrics…

"It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back in the draft"

"And you could have that Broncos hat back because they suck"

#prophetic

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't like Bezerk? That had a Beastie Boys feel to it.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. when someone has to try and take 1 line from 1 song that they themselves happen to dislike as a foundation for a rapper being overrated.

You know that rapper is king.

That's like me saying LeBron James is overrated because his 1 game vs the Toronto Raptors in 2011 going for 20 pts, 8 rebounds, 6 assists wasn't to my personal liking.

I stated pretty clearly that I, and many others would agree that anything post 2000, or 2002 at best was awful. You must have missed that. Excuse me for not being willing to detail each song of them for you.

More to the point, why are you getting so defensive about it? I stated an opinion about it, and you keep coming back acting like I'm going against written gospel. It's not that big of a deal.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stated pretty clearly that I, and many others would agree that anything post 2000, or 2002 at best was awful. You must have missed that. Excuse me for not being willing to detail each song of them for you.

More to the point, why are you getting so defensive about it? I stated an opinion about it, and you keep coming back acting like I'm going against written gospel. It's not that big of a deal.

You stated an opinion that was negative about Eminem. White boy violation bro.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated an opinion that was negative about Eminem. White boy violation bro.

Looks like I'm due to commit a crime, be reprimanded by the police, then call racism on the white police. #whitescanhatecopstoo

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm whiter than Vanilla Ice! Not at all a rap aficionado, but I'll chime in ... never understood at all why Jay Z is so critically acclaimed, but based on what I've heard of Lil Wayne, I'm surprised that he's in the discussion for most overrated. Then again, I want to be a baller, a shot caller, and have 30" blades on my Impala.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhhh....

1. Not defensive, stating my opinion. You know, the point of a message board.

2. You started topic opening up a discussion regarding rappers. Again, the point of a message board

3. After you gave your opinion. Doobee gave his opinion on Eminem. You quoted that. I gave my opinion on Eminem. Again you quoted and replied. It's not coming back at you, it's called clicking "reply". Again, the purpose of a message board.

Your opinion is that. My opinion is that. They lead to open ended arguments like we have here. Now I disagree with having Eminem as overrated at all, but my main point initially was listing him among the other two you listed. That right there is bringing him down.

Now, you say many others agree that he's been bad since 2002? See that I am not seeing. Just on the best rappers list alone pretty much everyone listed him. Everywhere you look on the internet he is regarded as being one of the best ever.

Obviously, that can support your point of being "overrated". But to me, when someone is so frequently listed as being great, it doesn't mean they are overrated, it means they are what they are...great.

Now don't be offended that I high broke open a discussion on a topic you started because as mentioned a few times, that is what this board is for.

We both go our opinions. I am now off to the sports portion of "sportshoopla".

:suds:

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kanye West. But I call him Kenny East.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh....

1. Not defensive, stating my opinion. You know, the point of a message board.

2. You started topic opening up a discussion regarding rappers. Again, the point of a message board

3. After you gave your opinion. Doobee gave his opinion on Eminem. You quoted that. I gave my opinion on Eminem. Again you quoted and replied. It's not coming back at you, it's called clicking "reply". Again, the purpose of a message board.

Your opinion is that. My opinion is that. They lead to open ended arguments like we have here. Now I disagree with having Eminem as overrated at all, but my main point initially was listing him among the other two you listed. That right there is bringing him down.

Now, you say many others agree that he's been bad since 2002? See that I am not seeing. Just on the best rappers list alone pretty much everyone listed him. Everywhere you look on the internet he is regarded as being one of the best ever.

Obviously, that can support your point of being "overrated". But to me, when someone is so frequently listed as being great, it doesn't mean they are overrated, it means they are what they are...great.

Now don't be offended that I high broke open a discussion on a topic you started because as mentioned a few times, that is what this board is for.

We both go our opinions. I am now off to the sports portion of "sportshoopla".

:suds:

Way over thinking this one, man.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way over thinking this one, man.

Nothing was over thought. If you can't handle someone disagree with your opinion especially when you make a thread asking for everyone else.

This is not the place for you. It actually couldn't be simpler, much less over thought :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake sucks so ill start with him.

Jayz is ok but he is famous because of what he stands for, imo, and not his actual body of work.

Tupac is good but people act like he was the Nirvana or rap and he wasnt.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing was over thought. If you can't handle someone disagree with your opinion especially when you make a thread asking for everyone else.

This is not the place for you. It actually couldn't be simpler, much less over thought :noidea:

Dude... all I was saying is I am fine with you having a different opinion. Don't care. I just think you got a little overly defensive about your opinion. Hell, if we agreed on everything, there'd be nothing to talk about. I like most of your posts and we simply had different opinions on that one thing. It's cool.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eminem predicted last year's Super Bowl with his lyrics…

"It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back in the draft"

"And you could have that Broncos hat back because they suck"

#prophetic

#RumplestillskinInAHaystack