• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated college football rivalry

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, Penn State has beaten Ohio State twice in the last 10 years. I understand it’s more than Michigan but twice in the last 10 years is terrible for a “rivalry.”
I said the CFB Era, which is the past 5 years. I am literally making a "Right Now" comment. Maybe it will be lame in a couple of years, but RIGHT NOW, it is WHITE HOT.

travis2x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably USC/UCLA but sadly as I answer this question, I realize that lots of rivalries are no more.

A very underrated one is Wisconsin/Iowa and one that has been brewing as a newer rivalry the past few years is TCU/WVU

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the CFB Era, which is the past 5 years. I am literally making a "Right Now" comment. Maybe it will be lame in a couple of years, but RIGHT NOW, it is WHITE HOT.
FBS?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok so in the last 5 years, OSU is 4-1 vs PSU. In the last 5 years OSU and PSU fighting for the top spot in the east division has only happened twice. Both Michigan and Michigan state have just as many battles for first in that division as PSU does in this “CFB Playoff era”.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it. I'll go full retard. I think Ohio State-Penn State is a more meaningful Rivalry at this point and time. The B1G East and ultimately the B1G Championship runs through this game not through OSU-UM in the CFB Playoff Era. It's not 1970 anymore. Ohio State-Michigan just means more gold pants for the Buckeyes these days! :) O-H!

Well your somebody who’s opinion I most certainly respect and like to discuss with. I will tell you, the rivalry is as healthy as ever from a hatred standpoint with Michigan. From a competitive standpoint it’s been an amazing run for the Buckeyes. I go to most every game and was super underwhelmed with our stadium attendance and overall enthusiasm. This year was the first time in The Shoe I saw it struggle to sell out? Not only that, with a lot of poor play skating by this year left our stadium very somber most Saturdays. Something I’m not used to seeing. But the past two Michigan games at The Shoe have been some of the loudest my energized crowds I’ve ever seen in The Shoe? It still has that IT factor. I went to Ann Harbor last year too for the game, you talk about salty when Haskins came in for JT to save the day. They were frothing for a win and we once again stole defeat from the jaws of victory. The Big House was absolutely deflated. Really good times, but I can contest for the fans on both sides things are as heated as ever.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with OD about the answer being OSU-Michigan.

I mean, is it really a rivalry when one team wins every year?

I'm sure there was a time when it was must see tv, but not that interesting when you know the winner beforehand.

I grew up in the 90s when UM won almost every year. Ohio State could win every game until I die and it would still be a rivalry.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I know? I just live in Ohio! Maybe, I just dreamed the Ohio State-Penn State game had meaning the past couple of years or so. Blocked FGs, Classic games, Penn State winning the B1G, but Ohio State going to the CFB Playoff, that kind of stuff. Does not really matter to me though. I'm going to watch the Penn State @ Ohio State game on 11/23 this year and see what happens! Help me out here @Hang_On_Sloopy08! How important has the Penn State game been for Ohio State during the CFB Playoff Era and specifically the past 3 years?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, most of the Bundy’s lead came in the leather helmet days. In the past quarter century it’s been all Ducks ;)
Only an Oregon fan would consider the 90s leather helmet days.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your somebody who’s opinion I most certainly respect and like to discuss with. I will tell you, the rivalry is as healthy as ever from a hatred standpoint with Michigan. From a competitive standpoint it’s been an amazing run for the Buckeyes. I go to most every game and was super underwhelmed with our stadium attendance and overall enthusiasm. This year was the first time in The Shoe I saw it struggle to sell out? Not only that, with a lot of poor play skating by this year left our stadium very somber most Saturdays. Something I’m not used to seeing. But the past two Michigan games at The Shoe have been some of the loudest my energized crowds I’ve ever seen in The Shoe? It still has that IT factor. I went to Ann Harbor last year too for the game, you talk about salty when Haskins came in for JT to save the day. They were frothing for a win and we once again stole defeat from the jaws of victory. The Big House was absolutely deflated. Really good times, but I can contest for the fans on both sides things are as heated as ever.
Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. Right back atcha! OH, I know it will ALWAYS be the most meaningful game emotionally to Ohio State fans. I get that! I'm just trying to think outside the box about more meaningful games for others like me watching Ohio State who don't really care about the rivalry. I mean, I want OSU to win because I live in Ohio, but I don't cry if they lose. Come to think about it, the Buckeyes have only lost TWICE to that team up north since I moved to Ohio in 2002! lol.

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive felt the same way as OP about it for awhile myself. It just isnt as compelling as other rivalry games from a neutral standpoint, and its definitely not as nasty or vicious as many rivalries.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the KU vs KSU, is a very big deal

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hype, the rankings, and what was on the line leading into this season's Michigan and Ohio State game is plenty enough to demonstrate that rivalry is relevant and going strong.

It was a big game.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do I know? I just live in Ohio! Maybe, I just dreamed the Ohio State-Penn State game had meaning the past couple of years or so. Blocked FGs, Classic games, Penn State winning the B1G, but Ohio State going to the CFB Playoff, that kind of stuff. Does not really matter to me though. I'm going to watch the Penn State @ Ohio State game on 11/23 this year and see what happens! Help me out here @Hang_On_Sloopy08! How important has the Penn State game been for Ohio State during the CFB Playoff Era and specifically the past 3 years?

Hands down the hardest game on our schedule past three years. Unreal games. All of them. The past decade has seen some really good games cementing a legit real rivalry with Penn State. Playing Michigan I meant you just feel the history when you’re there. But yes, PSU has become a nasty rivalry. And it’s fun to play them at their best. The White Out primetime game are so much fun, and hard my heart health haha.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one of, if not the most watched CFB games this year (can't remember if Bama-Georgia ended up overtaking it), and it was on Fox... Nobody watches Fox CFB.

Obviously, plenty of people still are interested in the game.

MKrip

Where's my retard cat?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the KU vs KSU, is a very big deal

They name the rivalry the Sunflower Showdown.

I could understand if it was for women's softball or volleyball, but for football?

That is one gay state.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hands down the hardest game on our schedule past three years. Unreal games. All of them. The past decade has seen some really good games cementing a legit real rivalry with Penn State. Playing Michigan I meant you just feel the history when you’re there. But yes, PSU has become a nasty rivalry. And it’s fun to play them at their best. The White Out primetime game are so much fun, and hard my heart health haha.
That's what I'm talking about! BTW, what is really SWEET is OSU beating BOTH PSU and UM! :)