• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most over looked player

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Johnson

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there should have been some rules for this such as if they have been voted onto an All-Pro first or second team or the Pro Bowl they cannot be looked at as overlooked. Obviously for the Pro Bowl it means that fans have recognized them as good or at least that they have become a household name in some sorts.

Now given I violated this rule earlier with saying Rivers would be one of my overlooked people and as well with Morris. So a guy that I would say meets this criteria would be Lamarr Houston. The guy doesn't produce the flashy stats but he is impressive and probably the 1 FA that I would love the Broncos to look at not only to weaken a divisional opponent but add a big time player to our own roster.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there should have been some rules for this such as if they have been voted onto an All-Pro first or second team or the Pro Bowl they cannot be looked at as overlooked. Obviously for the Pro Bowl it means that fans have recognized them as good or at least that they have become a household name in some sorts.

Now given I violated this rule earlier with saying Rivers would be one of my overlooked people and as well with Morris. So a guy that I would say meets this criteria would be Lamarr Houston. The guy doesn't produce the flashy stats but he is impressive and probably the 1 FA that I would love the Broncos to look at not only to weaken a divisional opponent but add a big time player to our own roster.

I don't know that anyone can really nail down qualifications for over looked player - it's more of an opinion thing.

I chose a guy that's putting up the best stats in the league for his position, and no one really knows who he is because his team sucks and he's in a small market.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, and I'm sure they exist, but are there viable sabermetric stats for football? Example, unless you consistently watch a team it is difficult to assess lineman. Are there sabremetrics available where you can look and see wow this guy is clearly a beast?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You don't watch the 49ers very often do you? :omg:

Enough to see that Kap rode a winning wave that Alex and that team were already on, and was somewhat successful with the pistol offense because the league wasn't used to dealing with it.....But over the off season, most have it figured out and he isn't near as effective being a real qb in the NFL....
Time will tell, but I am absolutely not a fan of qb's that would rather run than throw the ball, I call them the flash and dash qb's.....I have never seen 1 that could be remotely considered as great....That organization had the greatest qb of all time in my opinion and many others, Joe Montana, so they know what great really looks like and it ain't Kap, RG-3, Cam, or Vick......They may have some success but none are even sniffing elite status......It's a big media flash, a fan frenzy and it's all over before you finish eating your first ballpark frank...:what:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerald McCoy is better than almost everyone in this thread and gets less press than virtually everyone in this thread. That should tell you something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough to see that Kap rode a winning wave that Alex and that team were already on, and was somewhat successful with the pistol offense because the league wasn't used to dealing with it.....But over the off season, most have it figured out and he isn't near as effective being a real qb in the NFL....
Time will tell, but I am absolutely not a fan of qb's that would rather run than throw the ball, I call them the flash and dash qb's.....I have never seen 1 that could be remotely considered as great....That organization had the greatest qb of all time in my opinion and many others, Joe Montana, so they know what great really looks like and it ain't Kap, RG-3, Cam, or Vick......They may have some success but none are even sniffing elite status......It's a big media flash, a fan frenzy and it's all over before you finish eating your first ballpark frank...:what:

So if they have figured him out then why has 3 of his last 4 games he has had over a 100 quarterback rating? If he has been figured out then why has he had a much higher rating than your beloved Flacco this season? IF there is a quarterback being carried by his team this year it would be Flacco in my opinion. He has the lowest quarterback rating of any playoff quarterback at this point in the season and it isn't even close.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gerald McCoy is better than almost everyone in this thread and gets less press than virtually everyone in this thread. That should tell you something.

I actually had Gerald McCoy on my original list, but I deleted his name because I actually thought he gets a lot of recognition. Maybe he doesn't...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Scobee

And I know he gets press but not enough IMO, Jordy Nelson. The guy is a body control freak and routinely makes sick catches.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Tannehill, but it seems like everybody realizes how good he is now, and the talking heads even say now,"He has all the tools, he's going to be good for a long time." But he still gets pretty much no press except when they are doing Dolphins' highlights. So yea, I'd say he's easily the most overlooked player. Being a great QB carrying a bad offense, you'd figure ESPN would be all over him, but I guess the Dolphins aren't a sexy enough team.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

He isn't a run first QB. He didn't ride Alex's momentum. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would see the 49ers offense improved greatly when Kaep took over. If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would know that Kaep hardly ran the ball in the regular season last year. But you clearly dont know what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nobody outside the East Coast and Dallas gets much press other than Peyton Manning but Staley is a pro-bowl pick is widely regarded on most football talk shows, pre-game shows and by fans as the top or one of the top LT's in football so I wouldn't say he's overlooked. I would also say to my fellow Seahawk fans to not include anybody on our defense. Everyone who knows anything about football knows who our guys on D are. Maybe not the LB's so much but our D-lineman are talked about just as much as our backfield LOB.

Most of the names being thrown out seem to be home team guys for you all that you feel are being slighted and that's okay but a lot of those names, I see and hear a lot about and I am living in the far north in the oil patch right now so it's just not true. Perception based on personal bias more than reality. The idiots at ESPN being the notable exception that skews that perception the wrong way.

You ask people form a list of top tackles, and you never hear his name. I live in Ohio and maybe thatis why.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meant Houston not Derrick Johnson....my bad...