• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most over looked player

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a player that's over looked by most of the league despite the job he's doing.

My pick...

Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns.

When you mention great WR's in the NFL you usually hear names like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc and may I add rightfully so, but this year the guy leading them all in yards is Josh Gordon.

1,467 yards, 9 TD's and is averages 122 yards a game.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bryant,

Brandon Mebane

Chris Clemons

Michael Bennett/ Cliff Avril

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bryant,

Brandon Mebane

Chris Clemons

If you're picking from the Seahawks roster then I'd add Doug Baldwin (clutch receiver who gets zero hype), and especially Golden Tate. Tate makes some circus catches, plus I think he is leading (or near the top) in punt return yards. He's awesome at returning kicks.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name a player that's over looked by most of the league despite the job he's doing.

My pick...

Josh Gordon of the Cleveland Browns.

When you mention great WR's in the NFL you usually hear names like Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, etc and may I add rightfully so, but this year the guy leading them all in yards is Josh Gordon.

1,467 yards, 9 TD's and is averages 122 yards a game.

NFL Stats: by Player Category

I don't know that Gordon is overlooked so much as he is an emerging star. Seems to me that the most overlooked players have to be offensive linemen, since they are critical to the success of their teams but get little notice from fans unless they get beat or commit a penalty.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a well known name but still seems to get overlooked is Alfred Morris. The guy just had his 2nd thousand yard season and averages close to 5 yards a carry. His talent seems to be wasted there in Washington right now.

Another and this pains me to say is Phillip Rivers. The guy is having an outstanding year even though his top 2 receivers went down early in the season, his OL is a bunch of new names, new coach, and inconsistent running game yet he still has put up big numbers. Yet when talking about the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL right now his name never comes up (yes I know he is not on a playoff team at this moment so that is why).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daryl Smith

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bryant,

Brandon Mebane

Chris Clemons

I forgot to add my reason. Everyone and their grandma has heard of the legion of boom. But what makes seattles D so special is the d line forces qbs to throw quicker then they want into the lob.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Gostkowski: With the Pats inability to score consistently in the Red Zone he has been a life saver.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a well known name but still seems to get overlooked is Alfred Morris. The guy just had his 2nd thousand yard season and averages close to 5 yards a carry. His talent seems to be wasted there in Washington right now.

Another and this pains me to say is Phillip Rivers. The guy is having an outstanding year even though his top 2 receivers went down early in the season, his OL is a bunch of new names, new coach, and inconsistent running game yet he still has put up big numbers. Yet when talking about the top 5 quarterbacks in the NFL right now his name never comes up (yes I know he is not on a playoff team at this moment so that is why).

I agree with the bold. His name is mentioned but not very often. He's having yet another great year but people are more focused on AP in mini-soda. I wouldn't say he's AS good but he's in the same range.

Have to disagree on Phillip Rivers. Yes, he gets great numbers but like his NFC twin Tony Romo, tends to choke in big games. But since he's on the Chargers (non-playoff team in a smaller market) he doesn't get the scrutiny that Tony does.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles has lived in AP's shadow for as long as JC has been productive it seems like.

All RB's have lived in AP's shadow but certainly doesn't mean Charles is overlooked. He has been a stud for years and any fan of the NFL knows that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheldon Richardson and Mo Wilkerson on the Jets. Mo Wilkerson is easily a top 5 underrated player in the league in my opinion. He is constantly blowing up the ilne and in the backfield, he's noticeable on pretty much every single play and you never hear a word about him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Gordon as overlooked. Were still learning who he is, but any knowledgable fan recognizes him as a hell of à player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamaal Charles has lived in AP's shadow for as long as JC has been productive it seems like.

When you are in the MVP discussion (at least for 2nd place) you are not an overlooked player.