• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most improved defense this year?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you dont stiff me and Face we'll come down drink all your booze, eat your food and be forced to watch those movies. Lucky to have real friends. BTW we like lobster

Man I could give Face crab and tell him its lobster and he wouldn't notice, don't tell him I said that, he's been sensitive as of late.... I think he's nervous he might have to sport a Johnny Football avi here in a couple months...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is St Louis. Aaron Donald is going to push that DLine over the top. Their front four is going to be a nightmare for even the best OLines and Joyner is going to be a player for them on the backend. Quinn, Brockers, Donald and Long could end up being the best DL I've seen since the Reggie White/Jerome Brown Eagles

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree in St. Louis does have the opportunity to have one of the greatest DL's we have seen in a long time. Every player on that DL is a nightmare in their own right. Aaron Donald was the one player I was hoping the Broncos would think about trading their whole draft for as I think he is going to be the next Geno Atkins in this league.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I could give Face crab and tell him its lobster and he wouldn't notice, don't tell him I said that, he's been sensitive as of late.... I think he's nervous he might have to sport a Johnny Football avi here in a couple months...

Yeah good point imitation crab meat and mayo in a hotdog bun and he is having a lobster roll. He has been moody lately, maybe Big Ben muckled him

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears will improve statistically, moving from shitty to average (I hope). But the top defenses will definitely be Seattle, Denver, SF, and possibly NE.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already thought ther Rams Defense were underrated last year & were bad ass. So while I am sure they imrpove, I would have a hard time saying most improved.

I do think the Texans have to get in the conversation for most improved. Not best but most improved.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. But we will know soon enough. Didn't seem to me they changed much on D, too hampered by the cap and allocated money. And they just lost Sean Lee and Ware.

Cut the injuries and the defense HAS to improve. Ware is a great player but he played injured all year and was only about 75%. Losing Lee again does hurt. Let's face it Dallas D can't play much worse, it almost has to improve by default.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut the injuries and the defense HAS to improve. Ware is a great player but he played injured all year and was only about 75%. Losing Lee again does hurt. Let's face it Dallas D can't play much worse, it almost has to improve by default.

Agree with all your points. :nod:

I did say very early in this thread that ANY of the NFCE teams could be in this conversation because of poor defensive play for all of them.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m going with a complete homer pick, Green Bay. Getting rid of Jennings and replacing with Hyde or the draft pick Dix is an improvement already. I think any Dbackfield that can have Williams, Shields, Hyde, getting Hayward back, and Clinton Dix and Burnett is a great backfield to have. Hopefully we aren't playing undrafted rookie defensive linemen at linebacker again because if injuries and instead of Nick Perry and Clay Matthews on the field instead. I think adding Peppers as a situational guy is a great addition. Jerel Worthy has had time to fully recover from a knee injury. He saw limited action at the end of last year, but I think he's ready to contribute more. Keeping the rest the same, I think this defense is a lot better this year.

Couple that with a healthy Rodgers on offense putting up points, I think this defense can play to its strengths which has been take chances and get takeaways while other teams are trying to play catch up.