• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most improved defense this year?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't followed very closely what other teams have done in the offseason, but I am pretty excited about Denver's upgades on its defense. Will any team in the league show greater improvement than the Broncos, a team that gave up 24.9 points per game last year?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there actually IS any improvement, any team from the NFCE could be in the conversation. They all were pretty piss poor last year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there actually IS any improvement, any team from the NFCE could be in the conversation. They all were pretty piss poor last year.

That is true. Those four teams finished 17, 18, 26, and 30 in points against. Did your team make any moves that make you more opimistic? Is Orakpo still on the Skins? Seemed like he was going to become a beast.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Those four teams finished 17, 18, 26, and 30 in points against. Did your team make any moves that make you more opimistic? Is Orakpo still on the Skins? Seemed like he was going to become a beast.

Yes, there is room for optimism, but I won't believe it till I see it. We kept Hazmat as the fearless leader of our D. Did make some upgrades on the pass rush, signed Hatcher from the Cowboys (of course he currently is recovering from knee surgery, but supposedly will be ready for the season :L)

And yes, Rak was franchise tagged at about 11mill, and supposedly will be unleashed to actually pass rush more instead of so much run support.

Also Trent Murphy our second round draft pick out of Stanford, may actually contribute this year in some of our Nascar pass rush packages which would utilize Rak, Hatcher, and Kerrigan for the most part)

Haz has claimed his hands were tied by Shanny last year. Who the hell knows the truth given the dysfunction and circus skins provided last year.

Also our secondary which was pretty horrible, is going to see the return of some injured players who we had high hopes for, such as Phillip Thomas, our rookie from two years ago who got injured in the preseason and Amerson who by the end of his rookie season was showing some promise. We've got a rook named Breeland that could possibly contribute this year as well, though I expect that to be very minimal . Also the leadership of Ryan Clark who we got from Pittsburgh, though at his age he has lost a step.

And STs will definitely improve this year. Can't get worse than historically bad.

Lot of question marks. I'd see it as a HUGE win if we were able to field a midddle of the road D this year.

We are still regaining our footing on depth due to the 36 million BS cap penalty that was imposed on us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay

Lovie gonna do some fine work down by the bay. Turnovers will be created. But I see Denver taking a big step forward. Dallas has to improve as well. They can't get worse, it's imfuckingpossible.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie gonna do some fine work down by the bay. Turnovers will be created. But I see Denver taking a big step forward. Dallas has to improve as well. They can't get worse, it's imfuckingpossible.

I'm not so sure about that. But we will know soon enough. Didn't seem to me they changed much on D, too hampered by the cap and allocated money. And they just lost Sean Lee and Ware.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also gonna go with Denver. Additions of Ware,Ward and Talib plus a healthy Von Miller, that spells trouble for QB's

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. But we will know soon enough. Didn't seem to me they changed much on D, too hampered by the cap and allocated money. And they just lost Sean Lee and Ware.

I think they have had a lot of talent on that defense, it's just they haven't had the chemistry or been plagued with injury. It could also be the coaching as well.

I have thought since they have gotten Clayborn and Bowers in the 2011 Draft, they have made some good choices and I can see that defense breaking through one of these seasons.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never saw Lee play much, but what I saw of him was very impressive. He was a monster against Denver last year. He and Ware are hopefully significant losses on what was one of the worst defenses in the league last year! :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can a team be that awful two years in a row though? (Lee going down sucks. He's an excellent player when healthy.)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also gonna go with Denver. Additions of Ware,Ward and Talib plus a healthy Von Miller, that spells trouble for QB's

Agreed. I think that Maleek Jackson, Derrick Wolfe, Sylvester Williams, and Danny Trevathon are also likely to become better known than they now are.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a team be that awful two years in a row though? (Lee going down sucks. He's an excellent player when healthy.)

Thought you are a Lions fan? :scratch:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have had a lot of talent on that defense, it's just they haven't had the chemistry or been plagued with injury. It could also be the coaching as well.

I have thought since they have gotten Clayborn and Bowers in the 2011 Draft, they have made some good choices and I can see that defense breaking through one of these seasons.

Well it is true that they changed defensive schemes as well last year and that didn't help them. Monty Kiffen :L. At least they won't have to contend with that this year and they'll be one year further on the change.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos look to be better for sure...I'll add the other top team in AFC: Patriots. They lost Talib but added a better CB in Revis then solidified the other side with Browner. Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo all back healthy - that should improve that defense.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 teams from the same division may be in this discussion.

1) Denver - Great off-season;
2) Chargers - Only real weakness was pass defense. So, we added the best ball skills CB in Jason Verrett in the draft and we added pro bowl CB Brandon Flowers.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 I will throw out there because they finished at the bottom of the league in points per game on defense is that of Jacksonville as I thought they did a great job in FA fixing their DL plus hiring a very good defensive minded coach. Throw in some great young players they have drafted over the last couple of years should really shine in their system.

Another would be Chicago. They get some injured players back while also adding guys like Jared Allen and Lamaar Houston (guy I really wanted the Broncos to go after). It wouldn't surprise me to see either of these 2 teams closer to middle of the pack for points given up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Tampa Bay
2) New England
3) Denver

Definitely these 3 units...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 I will throw out there because they finished at the bottom of the league in points per game on defense is that of Jacksonville as I thought they did a great job in FA fixing their DL plus hiring a very good defensive minded coach. Throw in some great young players they have drafted over the last couple of years should really shine in their system.

Another would be Chicago. They get some injured players back while also adding guys like Jared Allen and Lamaar Houston (guy I really wanted the Broncos to go after). It wouldn't surprise me to see either of these 2 teams closer to middle of the pack for points given up.

Allen replaced Peppers in Chicago. But they did sign my boy Willie Young.