• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Dominant Trio in NBA History

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that a good team overcomes the bad calls. The Lakers did and the Queens didn't and if they were all that great - they would have been back the next year and made it to the finals. The fact remains that they didn't even win one in all of those years and Chris Webber was consistently injured and his family did take bribes to get him in the door at a good university - that's a matter of record since the dad was convicted

Well, they didnt make it the next year because Webber tore his knee apart in game 3 vs the Mavs in the first round.

also, why do you keep saying it was a bribe? Ed Martin gave Webber money, which is illegal for a player under a scholarship to receive under NCAA rules. The only reason why Webber was in any type of trouble with the law was because prosecutes believed that Webber was lying about receiving money and obstructing justice.

ChrisWebber

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Hack A Shaq failed was because he would get into a rhythm and start hitting his free throws. Tell me genius how an intelligent coach like yours didn't recognize and make adjustments.

You do realize that in a seven game series - the Adjustments is what wins the championships don't you?

On the bribes - I believe Webber was investigated and this: Webber was indicted by a federal grand jury and stripped of his All-American honors by the NCAA as a result of his direct involvement in the Ed Martin scandal.[2

I will state this.

The Lakers were the better team that series. The officiating was crap the whole series but im still bitter about game 6. I def thought the Kings had the series under wraps after game 5 . Fact is, the team still had a chance at home in game 7 and they failed. Well, actually Christie and Peja failed because they couldnt hit a fricking wide open 3.... Webber and Bibby were the only guys on the court hitting there shots.. ahhh so frustrating.

Nowadays the kings just suck ass. Life as a Kings fan sucks... ahh well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will state this.

The Lakers were the better team that series. The officiating was crap the whole series but im still bitter about game 6. I def thought the Kings had the series under wraps after game 5 . Fact is, the team still had a chance at home in game 7 and they failed. Well, actually Christie and Peja failed because they couldnt hit a fricking wide open 3.... Webber and Bibby were the only guys on the court hitting there shots.. ahhh so frustrating.

Nowadays the kings just suck ass. Life as a Kings fan sucks... ahh well.
Oh I think the Lakers got lucky a few times, but Robert Horry burned the Queens in several games with the last shot. Those shots were heard around the country.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic, Kareem, Worthy is very hard to beat.

Then you have MJ, Pipp, Rodman but Rodman which is very very close.

Then you have Bird, McHale, Parish.

You have to throw in Duncan, Parker, Ginobili.

But after that there is a pretty wide gap:

Lebron, Wade, Bosh
Isiah, Dumars, Laimbeer
KG, Pierce, Allen
Billups, Hamilton, Wallace

This is how I have it as well but I have the Celtics front line as the close second. Anyone throwing a Sacramento trio that never won a damned thing into this conversation is just embarrassing himself.

ChrisWebber

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think the Lakers got lucky a few times, but Robert Horry burned the Queens in several games with the last shot. Those shots were heard around the country.

I loathe Robert Horry. Him and his late 3 point shots. Just when I thought the Kings were pulling away.. here comes Robert fricking Horry with a 3.

I think im gonna go in a corner and cry now

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe Robert Horry. Him and his late 3 point shots. Just when I thought the Kings were pulling away.. here comes Robert fricking Horry with a 3.

You and the rest of the city - I remember the last time I did some audits in Sacramento, I told the owner of the company that it looked like to me that it took awhile for the City to get over the Robert Horry Shots. His response:

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IT TOOK A WHILE? WE STILL HAVEN'T RECOVERED....:pound:

That was about ten years later

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic-Worthy-Kareem
Jordan-Pip-Rodman

1a and 1b

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic-Worthy-Kareem
Jordan-Pip-Rodman

1a and 1b

Oh, hi!

Jordan, Pippen and Rodman weren't even the best trio on their own team.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, hi!

Jordan, Pippen and Rodman weren't even the best trio on their own team.
Hi, I'm new here. Who do you think the best trio on that team was? Defensively they are by far the best 3 on their team but Rodman does lack offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I have it as well but I have the Celtics front line as the close second. Anyone throwing a Sacramento trio that never won a damned thing into this conversation is just embarrassing himself.

Yeah mainly bc Rodman wasn't there for the early titles. If we are talking 1-2 MJ and Pip are right there with Magic and Kareem

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah mainly bc Rodman wasn't there for the early titles. If we are talking 1-2 MJ and Pip are right there with Magic and Kareem

Boy I don't know about that. Magic is really close to MJ, at least in the conversation with MJ obviously a little better in most people's mind.

But comparing Pippen with Kareem is way off base, it's not even close. Kareem is one of the most under rated players of all time. Which is really amazing considering his resume. Those of us old enough to have seen him play understand just how unstoppable that sky hook was. He scored a ton of those points (most all time) by himself against defenses geared to stop him. As good as Pippen was let's not forget how many wide open 3's he got via Michael Jordan.

Jabbar averaged 23 and 6 when he was 39 years old and was still averaging double figures in his last year at 41. Once he left Chicago and the protection that Jordan provided Pipen's career high was 14.5.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I don't know about that. Magic is really close to MJ, at least in the conversation with MJ obviously a little better in most people's mind.

But comparing Pippen with Kareem is way off base, it's not even close. Kareem is one of the most under rated players of all time. Which is really amazing considering his resume. Those of us old enough to have seen him play understand just how unstoppable that sky hook was. He scored a ton of those points (most all time) by himself against defenses geared to stop him. As good as Pippen was let's not forget how many wide open 3's he got via Michael Jordan.

Jabbar averaged 23 and 6 when he was 39 years old and was still averaging double figures in his last year at 41. Once he left Chicago and the protection that Jordan provided Pipen's career high was 14.5.

I'm saying accomplishments together as teammates. Kareem is light years ahead of Pippen, no doubt. But accomplishments as teammates and not just player accomplishments it is really close, those 1-2 punches. The Bulls won one more title but splitting them up as individual players Kareem and Magic win easy, it isn't close.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying accomplishments together as teammates. Kareem is light years ahead of Pippen, no doubt. But accomplishments as teammates and not just player accomplishments it is really close, those 1-2 punches. The Bulls won one more title but splitting them up as individual players Kareem and Magic win easy, it isn't close.

Yeah I buy that. You make a lot of sense for a guy from Ohio. :heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just thinking though - At least the Kings got closer to a championship then the Clippers, because without a doubt that had they beat the Lakers, they would have won it all that year.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, I'm new here. Who do you think the best trio on that team was? Defensively they are by far the best 3 on their team but Rodman does lack offense.

Welcome to SportsHoopla. :suds: