• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most balanced team in NBA history?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD's getting in but Ginobli? Never considered amongst the best at his position and career numbers of 13.6ppg, 3.9apg, and 3.6rpg aren't HOF worthy imo.

Ginobili and Parker are near shoe ins. You aren't considering all the factors. They are both international players among if not the GOAT from their respective countries. They also each have 3 or 4 rings. The HOF is about a lot more than stats.

Of the Pistons, I think Billups had a good chance. I kind of doubt any of the others make it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that,

The East was weak. Basically like now minus LeBron and Cleveland. The Lakers imploded in the Finals and there the Super Team era didn't start until a couple years later.

Unless Silver or some future commissioner is successful in installing legislation that prohibits Super teams, we may never see a champ like those Pistons again.

Teams like the Pistons come around during transitional eras in the league when there are few superstars.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billups will definitely be inducted. Ben Wallace, probably. Rasheed Wallace, maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. Hamilton, no. Prince, no chance at all.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billups will definitely be inducted. Ben Wallace, probably. Rasheed Wallace, maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. Hamilton, no. Prince, no chance at all.
See I think Ben makes it for sure, I'm not so sure about Chauncey.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was explained but what does it even mean to be balanced?

1. Relatively equal talent on the team (no superstars but no scrubs?)?
2. Both offensive and defensive proficiency (so you can't pick an all offense, no defense team or all defense, no offense team)?
3. Both offensive and defensive versatility (teams that can play inside and out, defend inside and out)?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I think Ben makes it for sure, I'm not so sure about Chauncey.

5 All-Stars
3 All-NBA
2 All-Defense
1 Title
1 Finals MVP

Reggie Miller is in and he only has the 5 AS and 3 All-NBA to match Billups. Mitch Richmond is in with 6 AS, 5 All-NBA, and a title, but no All-Defense and no Finals MVP. Joe Dumars has 6AS, 3 All-NBA, 5 All-Defense, 2 titles, and a Finals MVP. Bernard King has 4 AS and 4 All-NBA and that's it.

I don't necessarily think Billups was anything amazing but there's a relatively low bar to make the basketball hall of fame. His resume could be better but it's probably good enough.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 All-Stars
3 All-NBA
2 All-Defense
1 Title
1 Finals MVP

Reggie Miller is in and he only has the 5 AS and 3 All-NBA to match Billups. Mitch Richmond is in with 6 AS, 5 All-NBA, and a title, but no All-Defense and no Finals MVP. Joe Dumars has 6AS, 3 All-NBA, 5 All-Defense, 2 titles, and a Finals MVP. Bernard King has 4 AS and 4 All-NBA and that's it.

I don't necessarily think Billups was anything amazing but there's a relatively low bar to make the basketball hall of fame. His resume could be better but it's probably good enough.
He has a decent resume no doubt, but his numbers are kind of blah. I think he should probably get in, I just don't know if he will.

And if he does, it won't be any time soon.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a decent resume no doubt, but his numbers are kind of blah. I think he should probably get in, I just don't know if he will.

And if he does, it won't be any time soon.
If he does, they would probably put the starting 5 together in the HOF