• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morris signing for 2 years

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give elliot a top 5 grade. other than maybe ramsey I don't see many elite players in this draft. the reason I kind of like bosa is I think he is going to come in and be ferocious. he hits people hard. I think he was selfish and maybe coasted last season. bosa has a mean streak that this defense lacks. can't wait to see bosa send a few qbs off on a cart,especially titan or dolphin qbs or running backs

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to like this post...then I realized I couldn't...:suds:

I ain't mad at ya, homey.

Manster7588 said:
I liked it because I expect Skin fans to want us to suck.

Word. The Boys haven't disappointed too much of late far as sucking goes. Doing so in spectacular fashion to close out numerous recent reg seasons as well.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ACLS and MCLs are definitely ready in less than a year. The problem with him is it was his patella. That is the big one.

There are no guarantees in the NFL. I'm more worried about our starting QB who could go out for 6 weeks after sneezing, the fact that we need secondary and pass rush help as well as a WR to play across from Dez and a TE that can make plays other than our aging star than I am Dunbar POSSIBLY not being ready. We will have no problem finding a #3 back at cut down day if he isn't ready. You don't draft based on a player that MAY miss a few games. The draft is about the long term, not the short term. Also, we bring in UDFA RBs every year and still have Malena on the team too. If we go with McFadden, Morris and John Doe for half a season while waiting for Dunbar that is better than a lot of teams will do.
I want this team to learn from last year and go the opposite way in regards to RBs. 2/3 of the 2015 RBs are still here. Granted, Alf is a much better option than Randle (who was still an unknown commodity). IMO it would be wise to basically carry 4 RBs into the year by placing Dunbar on PUP. I still don't trust DMC. I know Alf is limited to being an early down or short distance back. That means we have to rely on the brittle two for everything else. I just don't see them holding up all year - even IF Dunbar is ready week 1.

Yeah, I hear you on we have other pressing needs besides RB, but the discussion was RBs and Morris in this thread. Morris is a better option than what we had last year, but he alone don't make me feel like our work is done.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why new Cowboy Alfred Morris makes millions, but drives a 1991 Mazda

This Story is About...
Twitter
  • Email
Alfred Morris' 1991 Mazda 626 sedan in the Washington Redskins' parking lot (from his Instagram)

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter>:(SportsDayDFW

The Dallas Cowboys' new running back is well known for being frugal.

Alfred Morris, who signed a two-year $3.5 million deal, with a chance to earn up to $5.5 million, has made millions in his four previous NFL seasons.

But as of last season, he still drives a car he originally bought for $2 from his pastor.

Morris refers to his 1991 Mazda 626 Sedan, which he drove up to Washington from Florida after being drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, as "The Bentley."

"I'm loyal to my car," he told Jalopnik a few years ago, explaining that he doesn't feel the need to show off his money with expensive cars and clothing. 'I didn't grow up with a lot. This helps me remember where I come from and where I'm going."

To WUSA-TV, he added, "I love my car, and that's what I'm going to drive. I'm a lot better off than I was but at the same time... I feel like it's a waste of money to go buy a new car if my car is running perfectly fine, you know? I just don't get that concept."

He explained to ESPN why he doesn't buy something expensive.

"Because that's not me," he said. "I'm not a flashy guy. I don't like showing off. I'm real reserved. I like flying under the radar; I don't like drawing extra attention to myself. At the end of the day I'm just a normal guy. My car still gets me from Point A to Point B, and that's more than enough for me. Eventually, I will get a new car, but I'm in no rush to do that.

"Like I said, a lot of guys still spend money on this and that; you never know when it's going to be over. I'm just doing my best to try to save as much as I can, to set myself up for life after football. You know, I don't want to be on that documentary 'Broke.' "

In 2013, Mazda offered to refurbish the Bentley, which had broken air-conditioning. It spent 275 man hours of labor and received more that 450 new parts.

"I was like, 'Oh, wow.' I didn't know they were gonna go that deep," Morris told the Washington Post. "It was weird seeing her like that. I was like, "No! They took her apart!" It hurt, just a little bit."

Though it had a shiny new look, 'She hasn't changed,' he told the Washington Post at the time. "I mean, she looks different, but it's still the same car. It a feel thing. Sometimes when something changes, you're like, 'Oh man, I want it the old way.' But when I sat in her, I still got that feeling. She's still the Bentley."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing for the $$$ but I hate that it takes Elliot out of the mix at 4 or the thought of dropping back and picking him. I really hope that if they wont look at Elliot at all that they laser focus in on Dixon. Prossie out of ND is a pretty decent RB 2. Morris is insurance and stop gap and he is a good locker room guy unlike the AZZHOLE from Carolina we brought in last year.
IMO it doesn't. Our RBs are all very cheap. I think it more tells us Elliot wasn't ever likely to be the choice in the first place than it does say he no longer is. You aren't going to not pick a guy at #4 overall just because you added another back to the rotation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why new Cowboy Alfred Morris makes millions, but drives a 1991 Mazda
This Story is About...
Twitter
  • Email
Alfred Morris' 1991 Mazda 626 sedan in the Washington Redskins' parking lot (from his Instagram)

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter>:(SportsDayDFW

The Dallas Cowboys' new running back is well known for being frugal.

Alfred Morris, who signed a two-year $3.5 million deal, with a chance to earn up to $5.5 million, has made millions in his four previous NFL seasons.

But as of last season, he still drives a car he originally bought for $2 from his pastor.

Morris refers to his 1991 Mazda 626 Sedan, which he drove up to Washington from Florida after being drafted in the sixth round of the 2012 draft, as "The Bentley."

"I'm loyal to my car," he told Jalopnik a few years ago, explaining that he doesn't feel the need to show off his money with expensive cars and clothing. 'I didn't grow up with a lot. This helps me remember where I come from and where I'm going."

To WUSA-TV, he added, "I love my car, and that's what I'm going to drive. I'm a lot better off than I was but at the same time... I feel like it's a waste of money to go buy a new car if my car is running perfectly fine, you know? I just don't get that concept."

He explained to ESPN why he doesn't buy something expensive.

"Because that's not me," he said. "I'm not a flashy guy. I don't like showing off. I'm real reserved. I like flying under the radar; I don't like drawing extra attention to myself. At the end of the day I'm just a normal guy. My car still gets me from Point A to Point B, and that's more than enough for me. Eventually, I will get a new car, but I'm in no rush to do that.

"Like I said, a lot of guys still spend money on this and that; you never know when it's going to be over. I'm just doing my best to try to save as much as I can, to set myself up for life after football. You know, I don't want to be on that documentary 'Broke.' "

In 2013, Mazda offered to refurbish the Bentley, which had broken air-conditioning. It spent 275 man hours of labor and received more that 450 new parts.

"I was like, 'Oh, wow.' I didn't know they were gonna go that deep," Morris told the Washington Post. "It was weird seeing her like that. I was like, "No! They took her apart!" It hurt, just a little bit."

Though it had a shiny new look, 'She hasn't changed,' he told the Washington Post at the time. "I mean, she looks different, but it's still the same car. It a feel thing. Sometimes when something changes, you're like, 'Oh man, I want it the old way.' But when I sat in her, I still got that feeling. She's still the Bentley."
I hope they put airbags in that thing...