• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morris signing for 2 years

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing for the $$$ but I hate that it takes Elliot out of the mix at 4 or the thought of dropping back and picking him. I really hope that if they wont look at Elliot at all that they laser focus in on Dixon. Prossie out of ND is a pretty decent RB 2. Morris is insurance and stop gap and he is a good locker room guy unlike the AZZHOLE from Carolina we brought in last year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing for the $$$ but I hate that it takes Elliot out of the mix at 4 or the thought of dropping back and picking him. I really hope that if they wont look at Elliot at all that they laser focus in on Dixon. Prossie out of ND is a pretty decent RB 2. Morris is insurance and stop gap and he is a good locker room guy unlike the AZZHOLE from Carolina we brought in last year.
I'm happy it takes Elliott out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope y'all continue to suck swollen blue whale nuts as a team
well....lol
take it where ever you need to, but it remains worse in Washington.
I'll give you y'all'S battle cry....2-0 in head to head championship games, otherwise, Alf stepped up in class in all other aspects......:suds:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never could get behind RB at 4.....much rather take the QB if it's offense at 4

I get not wanting a RB at #4, you and I both are on the same page as to who we should be looking at with #4. But if the guy is possibly an Adrian Peterson type, I wouldn't be that upset.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get not wanting a RB at #4, you and I both are on the same page as to who we should be looking at with #4. But if the guy is possibly an Adrian Peterson type, I wouldn't be that upset.
ya never know...It's funny but Jack would be a close second at 4 for me....but I'm thinking the 4 spot has some serious value on draft day

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thoughts here. Only O player I'd want at 4 is Wentz, otherwise Defense.

Is Wentz better than Goff? I don't know. I think Goff goes before Wentz. Just my .02

Honest question: What do you like about Wentz over Goff?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya never know...It's funny but Jack would be a close second at 4 for me....but I'm thinking the 4 spot has some serious value on draft day

For what Dallas needs, I think this draft sets up well for a trade back. And if Dallas stays put they ought to get a pretty good football player ready to play on day 1. I love how this draft sets up for Dallas. It should be another good one for the Cowboys.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say his size and perceived upside to develop. Maylock seems to think we should draft him if there at 4, I usually value his opinions, not sure about the QB myself

Wentz has presented himself well during the draft process, no doubt. My concern is are people buying too much into his physical traits because that's what a QB "is supposed to be"? Goff has done it against top level D1 competition, I'm just not sold Wentz is going to live up to the hype and make the jump in talent levels. Not saying Wentz can't do it, I watched Joe Flacco do it, but I think Goff is a safer pick, and more likely to succeed in the NFL.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wentz better than Goff? I don't know. I think Goff goes before Wentz. Just my .02

Honest question: What do you like about Wentz over Goff?
I hope your right, let Goff go to Cleveland, Dallas gets Wentz.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDay said:
take it where ever you need to,

It ain't all that serious, homey. I just like saying it.

but it remains worse in Washington.

Yeah, you could roll with that no doubt. Since their last SB win in 1991. The Skins have made the postseason a funky 6 ass times and are a a shitty 2-6. Since their last SB win in 1995. The Cowboys have made the postseason 8 times and are a shitty 3-8.

I dunno how old you are, but I'm old enough to have lived through a few glory days for both franchises. More for the Boys as the Skins only real glory came under Gibbs 1.0, but the George Allen years were alright. All that aside though, the Skins have been hot steaming dogshit for the most part of the last 25 years. Whereas the Cowboys have been plain ol' shit for the most part of the last 20 years. So there's not a whole lot for either fan-base to be happy about, at least not for any extended period of time, over the last couple decades.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At four we should have our pick, can even trade back still get a day one contributor and get an extra 2nd.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we brought Morris in to get the hard yards (& be there if DMAC goes down) So if he consistently gets those hard yards to move chains or get in the end zone. I can care less what his final yardage or YPC is. His pay is cheap

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One scouting report I saw said Jack was going to be Navarro Bowman .That wouldn't suck

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also wouldn't hang my hat on Dunbar playing a lot this year. Do you err on the side of caution in this case or throw caution to the wind? Due to the timeline of his injury, the draft will be over by the time we can gauge effectively if he will be put on the PUP list. ACLs coupled with MCLs are typically not NFL ready in under a years time. Then you combine that with a few other factors such as the type of back he is and how necessary it is that he be fully recovered before he tries to juke people full speed. I'd rather we have plan C in place to start the year and if we have to cut a FB once Dunbar gets off the PUP then so be it. Chances are by week 6 this team will have a roster spot due to another injury that he can come back.
Personally, I want to have the next guy lined up for next year. Get a year under his belt and groom him. If he can be a low profile guy to stash on the practice squad once Dunbar returns, then I'll accept that too.
I think ACLS and MCLs are definitely ready in less than a year. The problem with him is it was his patella. That is the big one.

There are no guarantees in the NFL. I'm more worried about our starting QB who could go out for 6 weeks after sneezing, the fact that we need secondary and pass rush help as well as a WR to play across from Dez and a TE that can make plays other than our aging star than I am Dunbar POSSIBLY not being ready. We will have no problem finding a #3 back at cut down day if he isn't ready. You don't draft based on a player that MAY miss a few games. The draft is about the long term, not the short term. Also, we bring in UDFA RBs every year and still have Malena on the team too. If we go with McFadden, Morris and John Doe for half a season while waiting for Dunbar that is better than a lot of teams will do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and he's a great person on top of that. I hope y'all continue to suck swollen blue whale nuts as a team, but hope nothing, but the best of Alf.
I was going to like this post...then I realized I couldn't...:suds: