• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morris signing for 2 years

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that?

And how he fits on the Skins with a young RB they possibly see as a 3 down back and how he fits on the Cowboys with a fragile vet and an injury prone scat back are not the same. As I said from day 1, if the dollars are low this is a great fit for Morris and Dallas. We need a short yardage and goal line back and a durable guy in case everyone else gets hurt. Doesn't matter to me what Wash or NYG think about his fit with their teams and it's not like we are even bringing him in to be a starter. I struggle to see any down side "IF" the dollars are reasonable.

I struggle weekly watching Rashard Jennings be the lead back for the Giants....That Plodding 2 yards and a cloud of dust Trent Richardson type runner....I guess i see your point, if he is one small piece of a committee, maybe its not a bad add........

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give you an analogy

Im a Yankee fan...Chase Headley is one of the best guys in baseball...By all accounts an incredible teammate, individual, and the proudest to be a Yankee of anyone......Took less money to stay in NY, etc.

I can totally appreciate that and Chase the individual

I would also throw a rooftop party like NYC has never seen, if they traded him tomorrow

I think Skins fans should be throwing that type of party today
Chase Headley isn't the best analogy. Headley is a marginal player that hit more than 13 HR's ONCE in ten years. Headley likes the short porch in yankee stadium. For three years, Morris was as good a runner as there was in football.

the money is right and Alf has something to prove behind one of the better olines in football.
Good signing

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Headley isn't the best analogy. Headley is a marginal player that hit more than 13 HR's ONCE in ten years. Headley likes the short porch in yankee stadium. For three years, Morris was as good a runner as there was in football.

the money is right and Alf has something to prove behind one of the better olines in football.
Good signing

Agree to dis-agree

Morris had One great season in the NFL, which was 2012, which is basically a lifetime ago for a RB in the NFL....Since than, his numbers have declined every season in every way

Now its my opinion that his numbers have taken a hit, because the Skins realized he isnt the type of back that is successful in todays NFL........Zero Homerun ability, Zero pass catching ability......

Either way, youre happy, Im happy with this move

Lets hug it out

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping this hire, along with the DE means that dallas is building up some temporary depth so they can snag wentz or goff in the draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to dis-agree

Morris had One great season in the NFL, which was 2012, which is basically a lifetime ago for a RB in the NFL....Since than, his numbers have declined every season in every way

Now its my opinion that his numbers have taken a hit, because the Skins realized he isnt the type of back that is successful in todays NFL........Zero Homerun ability, Zero pass catching ability......

Lets hug it out
I'll be the first to say opinions vary.

The game has changed, specialty guys all over football where down and distance requires 3/4/5 guys running onto the field.....but 1200 yards sure beats the hell outta 13 HR's

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping this hire, along with the DE means that dallas is building up some temporary depth so they can snag wentz or goff in the draft
I think Wentz would be the pick IF San Diego were to draft Ramsey. Maybe it's just me wishing more than anything but I think Dallas stays at 4 and drafts Ramsey if he gets by SD, otherwise, Wentz could be the pick should they elect to stay at 4

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the first to say opinions vary.

The game has changed, specialty guys all over football where down and distance requires 3/4/5 guys running onto the field.....but 1200 yards sure beats the hell outta 13 HR's

1200 yards is 75 per game in a full season, thats decent at best when you cant catch a pass

Not to mention thats 3 full NFL seasons ago

Either way, i will stay tuned, and be looking for you Mister Come September-December!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1200 yards is 75 per game in a full season, thats decent at best when you cant catch a pass

Not to mention thats 3 full NFL seasons ago

Either way, i will stay tuned, and be looking for you Mister Come September-December!
sure....come back and tell me all about it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The #Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris to a 2-year worth $3.5M base, source said, with a chance to earn up to $5.5M.""

#46 plays the game for the right reasons....WELCOME TO BIG D
Agreed. Can't wait to see big Alfred running behind the best OL in league. Love it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is based on production, skill set, adaptability to the game as it is today, etc...

I believe Matt Jones and Chris Thompson were the preferred options on the Skins last season, because they are better suited for most, if not all, NFL offensive system in todays league
Scheme make all the difference. DeMarco Murray was slightly better in Dallas than he was in Philly, no? Romo is better than Cousins, Dez is better than any Skins WR, and Dallas has the best OL in the game .And now they can focus D in the draft .You're gonna be sorry you got your wish

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheme make all the difference. DeMarco Murray was slightly better in Dallas than he was in Philly, no? Romo is better than Cousins, Dez is better than any Skins WR, and Dallas has the best OL in the game .And now they can focus D in the draft .You're gonna be sorry you got your wish

Not too sorry my friend...And 'Romo' is better than Cousins is a very bold statement these days

And thats not a ringing endorsement of Romo

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to dis-agree

Lets hug it out
We heard the same stuff from Raider fan last year about DMac. How'd that work out

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too sorry my friend...And 'Romo' is better than Cousins is a very bold statement these days

And thats not a ringing endorsement of Romo
Healthy Romo is a top 5 QB. Healthy Cousins is a top 20

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We heard the same stuff from Raider fan last year about DMac. How'd that work out

Smart fans always knew Dmac had all the ability in the world, and it was still in the tank......I never criticized that low risk/high reward move for Dallas.....That was all about him staying on the field, thats always been his problem....And he always had home run ability Morris never had

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart fans always knew Dmac had all the ability in the world, and it was still in the tank......I never criticized that low risk/high reward move for Dallas.....That was all about him staying on the field, thats always been his problem....And he always had home run ability Morris never had
Hence the word "committee"....DMac, Morris and Dunbar, plus Jerry saying the Cowboys were still looking for a runner in the draft . Looks pretty good to me

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the word "committee"....DMac, Morris and Dunbar, plus Jerry saying the Cowboys were still looking for a runner in the draft . Looks pretty good to me

I mentioned earlier, not the worse move in the world in a committee.........I like Dunbar a lot if he could stay healthy.....And Mcfadden has less wear and tear than most backs his age