• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More trivia

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Opening Day starts in Left Field?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Opening Day starts at First Base? (personally, I've never heard of this guy although he had a good career). Hint: He spent most of his career on a franchise that later changed it's name, then eventually moved to another city where they play today.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Opening Day starts at First Base? (personally, I've never heard of this guy although he had a good career). Hint: He spent most of his career on a franchise that later changed it's name, then eventually moved to another city where they play today.

That hint threw me off so bad I had to look that one up. All I could come up with from the hint was the Seattle Pilots becoming the Milwaukee Brewers and Cecil Cooper.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That hint threw me off so bad I had to look that one up. All I could come up with from the hint was the Seattle Pilots becoming the Milwaukee Brewers and Cecil Cooper.
Gotta be farther back. I think it's Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's a tough one. I can't recall ever hearing of the guy.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be farther back. I think it's Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins.
You're right he played most of his career with the Franchise that ended up becoming the Twins. So it's possible that a Twins fan might know it, but I'm not sure. For example, I'm a Phillies fan so I know of guys like Chuck Klein that played for the Phillies before I was born. But if you're a fan of a team like the Twins do you learn about the history of that franchise when they were playing in DC? Or if you go see the team currently playing in DC and look at their Wall of Fame, are guys from the Expos like Andre Dawson and Gary Carter up there?

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right he played most of his career with the Franchise that ended up becoming the Twins. So it's possible that a Twins fan might know it, but I'm not sure. For example, I'm a Phillies fan so I know of guys like Chuck Klein that played for the Phillies before I was born. But if you're a fan of a team like the Twins do you learn about the history of that franchise when they were playing in DC? Or if you go see the team currently playing in DC and look at their Wall of Fame, are guys from the Expos like Andre Dawson and Gary Carter up there?
I looked him up and I recognize who his grandson is...his name came up quite a bit in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, lol.