• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL Mock Draft: Two rounds! (msn.com)

10. Dallas (6-10) — Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern, Sr.

Injuries and age are starting to erode what was once the Cowboys greatest strength, it's offensive line. Slater handled Chase Young as a junior while playing left tackle and didn't allow a single sack the entire season. He's versatile and talented enough to play all five offensive line positions. Slater opted out of this season due to COVID. Top needs: Edge, DB, OL

44. Dallas — Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU, Jr.

They have us taking OL & a safety.

I never complain at drafting the trenches & we definitely need a safety.

what are your thoughts on this way too early mock?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it. Get Surtain in first or USC safety in second round.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think we need defense Slater could be better value than any defender. I still think Surtain or Farley will be the pick. Now if they are gone I pick Slater and wouldn't be pissed. Slater is tenacious and talented . Also it is very doubtful that Tyron Smith ever plays a full season again.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has a terrible track record drafting defenders. Too many misses. They also sign bums in FA 9 times out of 10

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think we need defense Slater could be better value than any defender. I still think Surtain or Farley will be the pick. Now if they are gone I pick Slater and wouldn't be pissed. Slater is tenacious and talented . Also it is very doubtful that Tyron Smith ever plays a full season again.
I didn't see Slater play one time this year and haven't done any draft research at all so it's tough for me to add anything specific on the merit of taking him at 10, but I'll comment assuming he is worthy of the top 10 pick. I'll go back to what I have been saying for a couple of months when it looked like Sewell might be in play for us. If you draft a top OT you put him at RT in preseason and move Collins to RG. Then, assuming Smith goes down at some point you decide which of your draft pick or Collins is a better fit a LT and you start them both at OT. For the games Smith is healthy and plays that is a damn good OL if you hit on your draft pick and if Smith goes down you still have a good OL and Knight as your swing tackle.

That being said I'd prefer an impact defender at #10, but I just don't know who that is. My favorite remains Barmore for now (Then Parsons and Surtain). I just think we need a 3 Tech that can penetrate against both the run and pass and demand double teams or we won't be much better on that side of the ball.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries and age are starting to erode what was once the Cowboys greatest strength, it's offensive line. Slater handled Chase Young as a junior while playing left tackle and didn't allow a single sack the entire season. He's versatile and talented enough to play all five offensive line positions. Slater opted out of this season due to COVID. Top needs: Edge, DB, OL

Yeah... way early. :lol:

But I'm with you. If Slater is at the top of their list then I have no issues drafting OL in the 1st round. God knows - I understand the need for D. But I'm sick of reaching. Trust your scouts and trust your board.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I want D in the draft I'd be more than happy with Slater