• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft

Be Weary of Query

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My Mock (one week away edition):

1st round (24th overall pick) - Kendall Fuller CB (Virginia Tech)

We know how much they love their first round cornerbacks. He also fits recent criteria and methodology in that he is coming back from injury so they can slow play his involvement much like with Kirkpatrick and Dennard. Also, Dre is going into his final year and I can see them letting him walk since outside of the Denver game in 2014, he hasn't done much. Fuller was projected much higher but the injury has pushed him down...yet word is he is ascending the board due to positive medical recheck.

others considered would be Ryan Kelly C (Alabama) who I would prefer or Best WR available.

2nd round (55th overall pick) - Nick Martin C (Notre Dame)

Little brother to current Cowboy Zach Martin. Is versatile enough to play Center and/or Guard. I would love to see him take Bodine's job but he could also be in the mix to take over for Zeitler if the team is unable (or won't) bring him back. Martin could be gone at this point but I would take him if still available.

3rd round (87th overall pick) - Tyler Boyd WR (Pittsburgh)

Following the 2012 draft pattern in which the Bengals saw the "loss" of Bubba Caldwell and Jerome Simpson in that they replaced them in that draft with Sanu and Marvin Jones. Boyd has the size they desire at 6'1" and can make the contested catch. Not a burner but a reliable 3rd option (long term) on the team.

4th round (122nd overall) - Willie Henry DT (Michigan)

They need an upgrade and/or a sooner than later replacement for Peko. It's a deep draft for DT so that's why I have him lasting this long. Could go sooner if there is a run at the position and teams panic. Pat Sims is almost done and Brandon Thompson is coming off a knee injury. They need to get a DT in this draft at some point.

5th round (161st overall) - Michael Thomas WR (Southern Miss)

Again, carbon copy of the '12 Draft. This is where they got Marvin Jones. Here is where they get another player that is similar to Jones...size and speed.

6th round (199th overall) - Prince Charles Iworah CB (Western Kentucky)

Never enough corners is the cliche'? Never enough corners. Cut his teeth on special teams and so forth...you've seen the movie...

N. Mullens pass intercepted, Prince Charles Iworah return for 0 yds - ESPN Video

7th round (245th overall) - Josh Forrest LB (Kentucky)

Need more 'Backers. One of my faves.

Josh Forrest Ultimate Highlights and Big Plays

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fairly sure CKhokie will agree with your first round selection.

Kingspoint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be able to get Fuller in the 2nd....without moving up.

Thanks for the mock. They are great to read.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we did pick a CB in the first, and ended up with Tyler Boyd.

not bad.