• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft w/ A.S.potential trade

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey everyone, glad to see the combine is rockin and rollin!!! Got to watch some of it yesterday and have it all DVR'd, haha.. Anyhow, here goes another on of my mock drafts. This one does reflect the potential Alex Smith trade to Kansas City for the reported 3rd, 6th, and 5th in 2014. Okay, without any further ado, here it is!!

TRADE ALERT!!! Alright, second trade of the day for the 9ers comes with the help of the Alex Smith trade. Using our 2nd round pick and Carolina's 3rd rounder and our 3rd in 2014 we move up to the first round to select....!!!!!!

Desmond Trufant, CB, UW--to me, he looks to fit well within our system and was very physical at the senior bowl not backing down against anyone. No measurables from combine. Allows us to remove Culliver from the nickle spot next year and then hopefully in a year or two after we release Carlos Rogers, Trufant can take over the #1 spot

Round 1, pick #31--Datone Jones, DE, UCLA--Strong, physical player that gets a good push at the point of attack and imo, could replace Justin Smith in two years. He shows a lot of strength as well putting up 29 reps on the bench press. Great job at the senior bowl, especially working against Erik Fisher

Round 3, pick #1--Quinton Patton, WR, LT-- Played well at the senior bowl and especially during his senior season. Questionable talent played against during his career, however at the senior bowl he really stepped up and ran fantastic routes and showed good hands as well. Didn't get a chance to watch him during the combine yet, but imo his times/stats didn't disappoint anywhere.

Round 3, pick#31--Marcus Lattimore, RB, SCAR--Incredibly talent rb that needs a little time to get healthy. Great pass catcher and picks up blocks well. Not overly fast, but I think would be a great compliment for LMJ in a couple years and a great replacement for Gore.

Round 3, comp pick--Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern st--Perfect replacement for Soap in a year and great depth for his rookie season. Showed great movement during the senior bowl practices and game. Batted down 12 balls during his career and during the senior bowl showcased, imo, a good array of moves to get around/through ppl. Put up 38 reps, which shows good physical strength.

Okay! well, thats it for now. I don't know/feel confident about the 3rd round comp pick, but hey it's a mock, right? I think I personally would love to see Brandon Williams on our team. I also almost put Tyrann Mathieu there. I wouldn't be opposed to him in the 4th round if we get a comp pick there as well.

Lemme know what yall think!!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the Lattimore pick, insert Jonathan Franklin and you'll be on to something.
:suds:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just wondering here, what is it about Franklin that makes you more behind him? Not that I have seen him so I don't know much about Franklin, thanks

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still love the Lattimore pick. I know I'm probably in the minority on that one, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At this point, I wouldn't trade up for Trufant at all much less for that much.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone, glad to see the combine is rockin and rollin!!! Got to watch some of it yesterday and have it all DVR'd, haha.. Anyhow, here goes another on of my mock drafts. This one does reflect the potential Alex Smith trade to Kansas City for the reported 3rd, 6th, and 5th in 2014. Okay, without any further ado, here it is!!

TRADE ALERT!!! Alright, second trade of the day for the 9ers comes with the help of the Alex Smith trade. Using our 2nd round pick and Carolina's 3rd rounder and our 3rd in 2014 we move up to the first round to select....!!!!!!

Desmond Trufant, CB, UW--to me, he looks to fit well within our system and was very physical at the senior bowl not backing down against anyone. No measurables from combine. Allows us to remove Culliver from the nickle spot next year and then hopefully in a year or two after we release Carlos Rogers, Trufant can take over the #1 spot

Round 1, pick #31--Datone Jones, DE, UCLA--Strong, physical player that gets a good push at the point of attack and imo, could replace Justin Smith in two years. He shows a lot of strength as well putting up 29 reps on the bench press. Great job at the senior bowl, especially working against Erik Fisher

Round 3, pick #1--Quinton Patton, WR, LT-- Played well at the senior bowl and especially during his senior season. Questionable talent played against during his career, however at the senior bowl he really stepped up and ran fantastic routes and showed good hands as well. Didn't get a chance to watch him during the combine yet, but imo his times/stats didn't disappoint anywhere.

Round 3, pick#31--Marcus Lattimore, RB, SCAR--Incredibly talent rb that needs a little time to get healthy. Great pass catcher and picks up blocks well. Not overly fast, but I think would be a great compliment for LMJ in a couple years and a great replacement for Gore.

Round 3, comp pick--Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern st--Perfect replacement for Soap in a year and great depth for his rookie season. Showed great movement during the senior bowl practices and game. Batted down 12 balls during his career and during the senior bowl showcased, imo, a good array of moves to get around/through ppl. Put up 38 reps, which shows good physical strength.

Okay! well, thats it for now. I don't know/feel confident about the 3rd round comp pick, but hey it's a mock, right? I think I personally would love to see Brandon Williams on our team. I also almost put Tyrann Mathieu there. I wouldn't be opposed to him in the 4th round if we get a comp pick there as well.

Lemme know what yall think!!

What pick do you think the niners will pick up with a 2nd rounder and two 3rds? NE? They seem like good trade partners this year since they only have 5 picks and usually like early mid round picks.

If those are the picks the niners end up with, here's what I wouldn't mind seeing them do:
1(28) Johnthan Banks (CB)
1(31) Jonathan Cyprien (SS) or Johnathan Hankins (DT/DE)
3(1) Margus Hunt (DE) or DJ Swearinger (SS)
3(31) Da'Rick Rogers (WR) IMO this year's Janoris Jenkins - talented but troubled player that becomes a steal.
3(comp) Marcus Lattimore (RB)
4(31) Brandon Williams (NT) He's been projected everywhere in mock drafts, I think he'll be a 4th/5th rounder, the niners can trade picks in the 5,6 or 7 round to move up if they think he'll be taken earlier.

Rest of draft:
Chase Thomas (OLB/ST), Chris Gragg (TE), Kicker, Small school OG/OT

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of Trufant, have you seen the guy tackle? Actually "tackle" probably isn't the right word for it. Let's just say it's not a strong suit.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desmond Trufant is going to be around in the second round. No need to move up in the first to get him. Get him early in the second though by trading a 3rd and our 2nd

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the first pick will be d-line, even if we add a vet in FA. Say we get Odrick for a 3rd (which we'll see if that's really the price), I still would want to add either a DE or a versatile NT in the first to develop. Whoever we add in the first should have pass rushing/pocket collapsing skills which can be used on third downs off the bat, and give us some rest with an active rotation.

Just stack the d-line right now because J. Smith will be leaving a huge void and you may need two guys to fill his place in the future anyway. And it realistically can take two years to develop a d-line.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pick do you think the niners will pick up with a 2nd rounder and two 3rds? NE? They seem like good trade partners this year since they only have 5 picks and usually like early mid round picks.

If those are the picks the niners end up with, here's what I wouldn't mind seeing them do:
3(31) Da'Rick Rogers (WR) IMO this year's Janoris Jenkins - talented but troubled player that becomes a steal.
4(31) Brandon Williams (NT) He's been projected everywhere in mock drafts, I think he'll be a 4th/5th rounder, the niners can trade picks in the 5,6 or 7 round to move up if they think he'll be taken earlier.

Rest of draft:

Saw Rogers play against SEMO this year, and he was a beast. Nobody could stop him. Wouldn't mind getting him.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322662546

18 rec, 303 yards, 2 TD's.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh and I hope Detone Jones is not our first round pick.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd stay put and see if jenkins or trufant falls

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rest of draft:

You only gave NE 1 3rd (Panthers) I think any trade into the 1st would involve KCs 3rd. Also NE wouldn't trade a late 1st for a late 2nd and a early 3rd. Now if you did mean 2 3rds we can't draft Margus Hunt in that scenario.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if there is a QB or pass rusher they REALLY want, i'd try to move up in the 1st? "easier said than done" and this isn't a likely scenario. if there were one of these guys, we couldn't trade high enough.

earlier i read an article saying this class is weak the top, but full of depth? if so, then consider moving up a 3rd into the 2nd round? use the extra 3rd, 4th, and 5th if necessary?

if we end up standing pat (no decent trades available), then look to trade our 4th, 5th, and 6th into 2014.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only gave NE 1 3rd (Panthers) I think any trade into the 1st would involve KCs 3rd. Also NE wouldn't trade a late 1st for a late 2nd and a early 3rd. Now if you did mean 2 3rds we can't draft Margus Hunt in that scenario.

The second 3rd rounder would be a 2014 pick. That was the scenario brought up by the guy who started the thread.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second 3rd rounder would be a 2014 pick. That was the scenario brought up by the guy who started the thread.

wasn't the 5th for 2014, the 3rd and 6th for 2013?

I assume he is trading the 49ers 3rd in 14 plus our 2nd and Carolina's 3rd this year. Still think any trade with NE would cost us KC's 3rd. IMO the value isn't there for NE but I would definitely take that trade. :suds:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I assume he is trading the 49ers 3rd in 14 plus our 2nd and Carolina's 3rd this year. Still think any trade with NE would cost us KC's 3rd. IMO the value isn't there for NE but I would definitely take that trade. :suds:

our 2nd rounder is at #31 in the second(63ovr), so imo it would be too much to give up 63 ovr AND 65 over AND a 3rd next year. I think NE would be up for doing however the 63 ovr, 75-78ovr(whatever carolina ends up being), and our 3rd next year.

I would target NE, yes. Now, it may be a stretch to assume they want to move from late 20's to late 2nd rounder, but they LOVE to get their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Admittedly I haven't seen Trufant tackle(and youtube doesn't necessarily do a great justice one way or another), but from the Senior bowl practices and his aggressive demeanor he looks to be a great fit for our defense. He was very sure of himself and that is something that does matter to me. He didn't back down from a challenge and imo, stepped up against the competition that week. While he may be a bit of a reach at the end of the first, I would rather get someone that I feel fits very well with our organization than hope he is there later.