• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft w/ A.S.potential trade

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As far as drafting a CB goes I say it's unlikely we'll invest a 1st or 2nd round pick on once since the FA CB market is deep and it appears we're going to be tapping into it.

The other problem our CB corp is filled with a bunch of good number 2 quality type of guys and what we lack is a bonafide number 1 kind of guy.

What we do is largely going to depend on how FA goes. If we get a CB there but lose Walker we might go TE with our 1st rounder. If we get a CB and keep Walker we'll probably look more BPA but lean towards DL.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't mind if we went DE 1st and CB 2nd. You can't have enough good CB's. Also if we lose Goldson, we could easily shift Culliver to FS and we have a void at corner to fill. Even if we add a vet CB, I would love a young CB drafted early anyway to develop and it would improve the overall strength of the team with the upgrade that would get Cox or Brock bumped.

You can't have enough good pass rushers or CB's. An early CB should get a lot of use (if he doesn't bust), even if he's not starting year 1.

I'd much rather go early on a CB and transition Culliver to FS, than go early on a FS and keep Culliver at CB. You also have a decent shot at getting a good FS in the 4th/5th, where it's much harder to get a decent CB in those mid-rounds.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we know which pick we're receiving from KC, I think I'm in favor of the niners just sitting tight and waiting for good players to drop to them now. Then try to trade their own 2nd rounder and a 4th/5th rounder for a '14 1st rounder, so they can make a run at Clowney (They'd have two 1st and two 2nd rounders in 2014, if they can make this trade and if KC wins a certain number of games).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think anyone with the 1st pick of the draft next year is going to trade it unless there's a QB who emerges as more valuable than Clowney (which I doubt) and they don't need one. And even in that case, I couldn't see 'em trading lower than 2. You just don't pass on a guy like that. The Texans learned that lesson with Julius Peppers.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to get a top 10 or top 15 pick, we have about 14 picks in the draft after this SMith trade, if it's true, we don't have that many needs, but we do have needs.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what it would take to get a top 10 or top 15 pick, we have about 14 picks in the draft after this SMith trade, if it's true, we don't have that many needs, but we do have needs.

The cowboys jumped up from the 14th pick to the 6th pick in the first round by trading a 2nd rounder (#45).

I think the niners would have to give up either their 1st pick and KC's 2nd rounder or their #1, #2 and #3 to move up to the top 15. I'd rather not do either scenario. This is considered a deep draft and not much separates players in the 5-35 range. So I'd like to wait and see who drops to them, because a few good players always seem to drop. Trade one of their 2nd rounders for a '14 first rounder if oakland, jacksonville, cleveland or any other team that might be in the top 10 next year want to trade.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Seems most draftniks are in agreement in the draft is long on depth but short on impact so we're actually in the perfect spot to cash in on that.

I think we're going to lean more on trading the picks for an impact veteran and selling off picks for next year's draft.

Going to be an interesting draft because we'll be very active.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think we will end up having 10-11 picks this year.. Probably moving heavily into day two with lots of our 4-7 picks. Also I would expect us to move some of those later picks into earlier picks next year