• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Gurus

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your mock draft gurus?

Who has the best sucess rate...........its definitely not the most popular gent

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Historically Mel Kiper has been one of the most accurate projectors, but he sucks at analysis IMO. He's just regurgitating what scouts tell him.

I try to formulate my own opinions on a good 75-150 players any given year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously? I thought Kiper had bad stats.........is there anywhere that list some of the prognistacators stats.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically Mel Kiper has been one of the most accurate projectors, but he sucks at analysis IMO. He's just regurgitating what scouts tell him.

There is no way anyone can actually think the same as some of these franchises, he gets insider information and that helps his success rate, sometimes normal folks that do mock drafts actually select better then him and the GM's...

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like everyone except for Pete Prisco.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walterfootball has great analysis....but seems off

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mayock. He may suck as an announcer, but he brings something different to the table during draft day.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Walter football because they do some good analysis into it and understand odds of a certain team drafting a immediate need vs BPAs.

Only problem is at this time of year, it's hard to do mocks because some players still not sure to leave or stay at their college programs still. Ka'deem Carey only announced a few days ago, etc...

Once the combines are finished, then things start to clear up a lot.

I can't stand Kiper, but I love draft days because every year someone massively reaches around the 12th - 17th pick, his mock blows up quickly, and he looks like his head is going to explode. I love watching that fool meltdown.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your mock draft gurus?

Who has the best sucess rate...........its definitely not the most popular gent

None...Kiper & McShay have carved out nice lucrative careers basically reading scouting reports and befriending people. Their connections have grown now to the point where they will get correctly project most of the top 10.

IMO Mayock knows his stuff, and a few others. I watch 3 big boards and after the combine most of the time they look very similar for the top 20 or so guys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None...Kiper & McShay have carved out nice lucrative careers basically reading scouting reports and befriending people. Their connections have grown now to the point where they will get correctly project most of the top 10.

IMO Mayock knows his stuff, and a few others. I watch 3 big boards and after the combine most of the time they look very similar for the top 20 or so guys.

Mayock of the 3 seems like the only guy who knows what an actual football player looks like. Kiper and McShay do just seem like suck ups that instead of actually scouting the players just try to get inside information then maybe read something somebody else says about the player and try to show they knew they were going to be a star.

Now for places that I go to Drafttek and Walterfootball seem like the top 2 choices of places to find mock drafts and some analysis on players but their big boards past the say top 20 are so different it is really hard to begin to figure out who is going where at this point. Really until March there is not much reason to look at big boards or mock drafts. Once the Combine happens and Senior Bowl week is done then it is easier to get some ideas where guys will go.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock of the 3 seems like the only guy who knows what an actual football player looks like. Kiper and McShay do just seem like suck ups that instead of actually scouting the players just try to get inside information then maybe read something somebody else says about the player and try to show they knew they were going to be a star.

Now for places that I go to Drafttek and Walterfootball seem like the top 2 choices of places to find mock drafts and some analysis on players but their big boards past the say top 20 are so different it is really hard to begin to figure out who is going where at this point. Really until March there is not much reason to look at big boards or mock drafts. Once the Combine happens and Senior Bowl week is done then it is easier to get some ideas where guys will go.

Spot on...I wanna say one of them did do some scouting work, but not sure if he ever worked for a team.

Amazing that some teams are so cheap or they were (ATL pre Arthur Blank ownership era) that they didn't even have their own scouts...they literally used 3rd party scouting services...different ball game today.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walterfootball has great analysis....but seems off

This. Walterfootball is constantly updating & changing each week, but they seem to at least be close to what the team needs are.

In the end, it's all a crap shoot. It is better to take a look at 3-4 of the main guys & any of your team's beat reporters, than to solely rely on 1 for your info.

Edit: And as others have said, I like Draft Tek as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much view things as:

Adam Schefter trumps all because he gets his info straight from the teams
Rob Rang has been really good at picking risers the past couple of years so I put him 2nd
Sun tan man Todd McShay 3rd. He has also picked a lot of risers like Chandler Jones
Mayock 4th. Egg on his face after Sharif Floyd and usually late to the party but still respected.
Kiper 5th. He has lost his edge, imo, though his bold prediction last year of the 2013 2nd round being better than the 2013 1st round is still sort of in play.