• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely agree with you that we overvalue Ruth... But he is still the best player who ever lived... The by how much, I have no clue...

Well it depends how you look at it. Most think Teddy is the 2nd best pure hitter combined with power.

Ruth played 200 more games than Teddy.
His SLG was .056 higher
His OPS was .048 higher

Just looking at those numbers most would be like ohh it's basically the same number but that is a HUGE difference.

But then you look at Teddy's numbers compared to say Lou Gehrig...

Teddy's SLG was .002 higher than Lou's
his OPS was actually much higher .036.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have never had a Bills fan actually draft for them.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter Johnson threw 90+
Yeah man, great is great. It's how much better than you are than the players of your era that count. Players of today are better, but if they lived 100 years ago and didn't have advanced weight/athletic training, throwing programs, indoor hitting facilities, hitting and pitching lessons from the time they could walk, video instruction, nutrition, steroids, etc...none would be more dominant than Ruth against an even playing field. The biggest knock against his dominance was that he played against one race

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me watching the new guys debate players in these drafts:

stephpopcorn.gif

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, great is great. It's how much better than you are than the players of your era that count. Players of today are better, but if they lived 100 years ago and didn't have advanced weight/athletic training, throwing programs, indoor hitting facilities, hitting and pitching lessons from the time they could walk, video instruction, nutrition, steroids, etc...none would be more dominant than Ruth against an even playing field. The biggest knock against his dominance was that he played against one race

Ruth was also so good, that he didn't have to find a full time job... that helped him a lot... He was able to focus on his baseball conditioning more than any other player back then... sure conditioning back then is not what it was, but I am sure people at least understood some strength training...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruth was also so good, that he didn't have to find a full time job... that helped him a lot... He was able to focus on his baseball conditioning more than any other player back then... sure conditioning back then is not what it was, but I am sure people at least understood some strength training...

Plus Coca Cola actually had cocaine in it back then. Since it's reported that he only drank alcohol in large quantities, it's also plausible that the pitchers he faced were all coked up and he benefited from being an Alcoholic.

That's why Barry Bonds > Babe Ruth all day.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Coca Cola actually had cocaine in it back then. Since it's reported that he only drank alcohol in large quantities, it's also plausible that the pitchers he faced were all coked up and he benefited from being an Alcoholic.

That's why Barry Bonds > Babe Ruth all day.

that's why every time I draft ty cobb I call him the coke man...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah his training was eating donuts and throwing back a cold one....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also can't wait until Bill Russell is drafted in our next draft and the discussions that will take place.

tenor.gif