• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Trade Thread 2024

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was about time to get something like this set up for us to talk about rumors and the like. Seems like there are going to be numerous buyers but hard to decipher who will be sellers. The 3 wildcards are having that impact. In the NL you have 9 teams playing for 2 spots and they are all within 4 games of each other. In the AL you have 6 teams playing for 2 spots who are within 5.5 games of each other.

I’ll go first. Phil’s are looking for OF. Preferably corner OF and preferably a right handed bat with pop. Personally, I want the Phils to shop for a closer as well. I don’t think they have a guy who has the balls to lock down playoff ninth innings consistently.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was about time to get something like this set up for us to talk about rumors and the like. Seems like there are going to be numerous buyers but hard to decipher who will be sellers. The 3 wildcards are having that impact. In the NL you have 9 teams playing for 2 spots and they are all within 4 games of each other. In the AL you have 6 teams playing for 2 spots who are within 5.5 games of each other.

I’ll go first. Phil’s are looking for OF. Preferably corner OF and preferably a right handed bat with pop. Personally, I want the Phils to shop for a closer as well. I don’t think they have a guy who has the balls to lock down playoff ninth innings consistently.
Time to bring back McCutchen?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bring back McCutchen?
I’d rather aim higher. I’m not afraid to give up prospects. I don’t want to give up BOTH Aidan Miller and Painter but would part with one for Kyle Tucker. Not really sure why the Astros would be parting with him but if he’s available I’m all in on whatever it takes.

I would give up Crawford or Caba for Roberts. If anyone is foolish enough to still like Abel or McGarry I’m down with them being traded as well.

It really sucks that Whitt McTrashCan isn’t anywhere close to what they thought they were signing this off season.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather aim higher. I’m not afraid to give up prospects. I don’t want to give up BOTH Aidan Miller and Painter but would part with one for Kyle Tucker. Not really sure why the Astros would be parting with him but if he’s available I’m all in on whatever it takes.

I would give up Crawford or Caba for Roberts. If anyone is foolish enough to still like Abel or McGarry I’m down with them being traded as well.

It really sucks that Whitt McTrashCan isn’t anywhere close to what they thought they were signing this off season.
Yeah I've seen some articles about Tucker, but those seem like clickbait. I can't see them trading him. But if they do, I'm in.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've seen some articles about Tucker, but those seem like clickbait. I can't see them trading him. But if they do, I'm in.
I also like the A’s closer. If they can do the A’s closer and Roberts who both still have a ton of control left I would give up 3 of the top 5 prospects total.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like the A’s closer. If they can do the A’s closer and Roberts who both still have a ton of control left I would give up 3 of the top 5 prospects total.
Yeah that A's closer has some crazy strikeout numbers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland should be getting a starter back soon but they need another reliable starter. They won’t make it far in the playoffs with this rotation. Other than that, I don’t think they make a move even though they should

Royals will likely be aggressive. How aggressive? Who knows

No idea what the Twins will do. I’m sure fans think they need to fire the manager lol

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sellers
oak
laa
tor
det
col
mia
not buying hou/tex as sellers

slim pickings :suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Brewers have acquired LHP Dallas Keuchel from the Mariners for cash considerations.
Keuchel is currently on a minor-league contract with the Mariners, but the expectation is that the southpaw will become a member of the Milwaukee rotation. The 36-year-old has registered a 3.93 ERA in Triple-A Tacoma over 13 starts and 71 innings. A former Cy Young winner, Keuchel has struggled mightily in the majors, but might be worth a look for those who are needy for starting pitching help.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keuchel is really washed. I didn’t even know he was still trying to make it happen after the last few years.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland should be getting a starter back soon but they need another reliable starter. They won’t make it far in the playoffs with this rotation. Other than that, I don’t think they make a move even though they should

Royals will likely be aggressive. How aggressive? Who knows

No idea what the Twins will do. I’m sure fans think they need to fire the manager lol
Flaherty seems like the guy if you're looking for starting pitching.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sellers
oak
laa
tor
det
col
mia
not buying hou/tex as sellers

slim pickings :suds:
The Marlins probably would have had a veteran starting pitcher to trade but right now they have 5 starters on the IL.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slim pickings
John Henry is upset that the Red Sox have clawed their way into the wild card slot.

I'm sure he'll push the GM to get rid of as many good players as possible.

Juran is in the top five WAR
Kelly Jansen is starting to save everything or get the win.
Devers has hit 16 HRs so far ....... his contract for m$32.3M a year might be a hurdle..

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was pretty cool. The Talkin Baseball guys are having a contest where they draft potential deadline deals. The points system is at the top of the graphic.

Anybody here have any bust out predictions or do you have a wishlist?

IMG_4795.jpeg

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I got to that Brent Rooker trade and all I can think of is I had no idea the Mariners were in the race. Then I looked at the standings and they are in first place. Color me shocked. I follow baseball every day and the only things that stick out to me about them is they strike out more than anyone else and Julio Rodriguez has an anemic slugging pct. I knew they had some pitching but obviously they are doing some other things right.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I got to that Brent Rooker trade and all I can think of is I had no idea the Mariners were in the race. Then I looked at the standings and they are in first place. Color me shocked. I follow baseball every day and the only things that stick out to me about them is they strike out more than anyone else and Julio Rodriguez has an anemic slugging pct. I knew they had some pitching but obviously they are doing some other things right.
Phillies

Everybody local is doing hypotheticals where they give up Miller and/or Painter. I don’t think they can compete with other farms that are going to be buying.

My dream deadline is Arozerena and Mason Miller. If they can make that happen I’m ok with them losing Miller and Painter to get it done. I just think the Phils will have to settle for the second tier for bull pen and OF.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world Detroit re-signs him but its highly unlikely.

And someone pushes Maeda down a flight of stairs.