• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB One Player Per Team Draft : CHAT

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news today, wait for it. Bad news my son has one functioning kidney and we didn't know if he would live past birth. At 9months he had his right kidney removed. 1yr ago he had his left kidney check and it looked bloated but functioning fine. Today was his follow up to see what it looks like. He was strapped down and had to sit still for 45min. The boy cant sit still for 45sec but he did great while the tests were done. In conclusion his kidney looks great and never has to return to the doctor.

Felling good today.

Wooooooo!!!!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news today, wait for it. Bad news my son has one functioning kidney and we didn't know if he would live past birth. At 9months he had his right kidney removed. 1yr ago he had his left kidney check and it looked bloated but functioning fine. Today was his follow up to see what it looks like. He was strapped down and had to sit still for 45min. The boy cant sit still for 45sec but he did great while the tests were done. In conclusion his kidney looks great and never has to return to the doctor.

Felling good today.

Now that there is some awesome news! Praise the Lord! :whoo:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gold is OTC

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Indont think individually Modern players are better, I think there's obviously more talent in the modern game than in Pre WWII MLB baseball. Including players from any nation based on ability and not just white Americans has improved the talent pool immeasurably.

But I still consider Johnson the greatest pitcher of all time. I just don't see anyone making it thru the 7th in these Mocks.
I think(can't prove it) that the manual labor guys did back in the day played better for baseball players. Look at an old photo of Mantle and check out the size of the guys forearms
I'm a decent sized guy and have weight trained my whole life. I'm far bigger physically than my late Father or my Uncle, who played in the Reds system in the 70's. I'm bigger everywhere except those Popeye forearms and meathook hands. I train forearms, but could never get pipes like that. Back in the day, nothing was automated, everything had to be done by hand. My Uncle quit baseball to work in the church and be with his wife full time, so he became a Pro softball player. Even in his mid 50's, he was jacking 2-3 long bombs a game. I think the hand, wrist and forearm strength those old time guys hadis a big reason the power numbers were what they were

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 is OTC and has been texted

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2% has been sent a text.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think(can't prove it) that the manual labor guys did back in the day played better for baseball players. Look at an old photo of Mantle and check out the size of the guys forearms
I'm a decent sized guy and have weight trained my whole life. I'm far bigger physically than my late Father or my Uncle, who played in the Reds system in the 70's. I'm bigger everywhere except those Popeye forearms and meathook hands. I train forearms, but could never get pipes like that. Back in the day, nothing was automated, everything had to be done by hand. My Uncle quit baseball to work in the church and be with his wife full time, so he became a Pro softball player. Even in his mid 50's, he was jacking 2-3 long bombs a game. I think the hand, wrist and forearm strength those old time guys hadis a big reason the power numbers were what they were
A lot of first generation guys played way back when. I think you have a point on that stuff. My Grandpas brother was Indians property for awhile before the War. (Shattered his leg playing fall county league after the minor league season. Never saw him walk without a limp.)I'm bigger than he was, but not the same kind of big. (And I've either farmed or been collar for years now.)

There was a hunger with the old time guys. They weren't coal mining, or dairy farming or dIych digging. They were playing ball. And they play as hard as they would have worked if things were different.

But the influx of Latin American, Asian and black players has elevated talent beyond any setback of suburban travel kids that make up most of Americas ball players, imo.

Top to bottom, roster to roster I really believe baseball is Arb no alltime high in talent at the Big League level.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel like I stole Frank Robinson. Pretty sure he went two rounds earlier in the cancelled draft

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda feel like I stole Frank Robinson. Pretty sure he went two rounds earlier in the cancelled draft

And it was a even worse pick then. Lol

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Frank never jumps out for me. His stats are all there and he was a great player

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was top of my list.

And I think he went third round in the draft that didn't happen.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason it took me 30 minutes to pick is because I was deciding on Mel Ott or Frank Robinson. I went with the slightly better player IMO again... I said in my opinion!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty where u at?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Felling good today.

Glad to hear that man! Now get him in tball so I can send him money!!!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to hear that man! Now get him in tball so I can send him money!!!

No sports with 1 kidney but you can send ice cream money in a few years :D