• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB FA's is it worth it......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i say that about the phillies because they only made it past the 1st rd of the play-offs once (the year without lee)

so that is a lot of money just to make the play-offs and go home after 1st rd

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i say that about the phillies because they only made it past the 1st rd of the play-offs once (the year without lee)

so that is a lot of money just to make the play-offs and go home after 1st rd

Yea I agree from that perspective ... but as a fan of the team, the pitchers were truly not to blame lol.

But you could make an argument for either side on this one id think

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot about manny to......how big was that contract...was it a trade and then sign??

Well, that is a story of it's own... He was a free agent.

The Red Sox needed pitching and the big pitcher on the market was Mike Mussina. Every one assumed he would go to Boston. Dan Duquette F'd up the negotiations so badly that Moose signed with NY.... As an apology (and with a lump of money that was suposed to be for Mussina), Duquette went after the next best thing (and ESPN followed him around and they made a show of it. Seriosly. It was bad.) He gave him 8 years at $20M per, which in 2001 would have been the highest, if it weren' fo the insane $25 that Texas gave Arod the same winter...

(Which was the same year Jeter got $189mfor 10 years; Helton got $151m for 11 years; and Hampton got $121m for 8 years)....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that halladay deal is looking like its gonna be a bust.......hope he does make it back though

PackageDelivery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manny deal was worth it for a huge contract. Numbers + two rings + entertainment. If you could go back in time, you still do that deal every time.