• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB FA's is it worth it......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah wouldnt count beltre believe he only got 80 mil

im thinking like 100 mil or more

randy johnson was a good one

glad this thread got going :D

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds are gonna win the Natty this season. Fuck all ya'll teams. :)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as for gonzo forgot he was traded...but then didnt he sign a big deal with sox right after the trade

he hit for avg but his power was never there for the sox(shoulder injury i believe)

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as for gonzo forgot he was traded...but then didnt he sign a big deal with sox right after the trade

he hit for avg but his power was never there for the sox(shoulder injury i believe)

Yeah, it was a trade and big extension package deal.....those will be more the norm with the new collective bargaining agreement where compensation picks in the draft won't be the same......anybody that the team won't/can't sign is going to be traded before reaching free agency because the team losing the player will not even get the draft pick compensation they used to get.....

I really don't see many high dollar players even getting to free agency in the future......Jose Valverde just tweeted he hates Scott Boras now......:dhd:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree......valverdes problem is he lost his job last year and still thought he would get big money....shoulda signed an extension when he was perfect in 2011

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree......valverdes problem is he lost his job last year and still thought he would get big money....shoulda signed an extension when he was perfect in 2011

2 things.....Boras and Valverde......two of the most egotistical people around.....

Arizona traded Valverde to Houston for Qualls and a bucket of balls after he was dominating and helped AZ to a division banner in 07......They wanted to extend him, but he wanted big, big, big money.......

It's actually funny, but Valverde leads all of baseball in the most saves the past three season, but can't even find a job.......well, also it doesn't help that his skills have slid tremendously.....no longer a strikeout arm and is was getting by mostly on junk last year that didn't play well in the Series.....

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????

The thread is about free agents signing big contracts with new teams.....

There is not a lot of success stories compared to disasters in recent years......of the newer ones, I'd be shocked if Fielder turns out to be a bad signing by the Tigers.....

????....chapman signed a free agent deal with a new team.....you just said that's what the thread is about.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
????....chapman signed a free agent deal with a new team.....you just said that's what the thread is about.

He did? What team was he with before???

Fangraphs shows the only team he has been with is the Reds......Signing as a "
free agent" from another country is not the same thing, but whatever......LOL

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While his signing was a risk, I would not classify it as a mega-deal. 6/30 is not a potential franchise crippler.

This thread is about the Hamilton, Fielder, Hampton, Zito, Pujols, Lee, etc type deals. The kind of deals where they set franchises back if they go bad. Deals that cost OWNERS their jobs (see Peter Magowan and Barry Zito).

Chapman was a risk, no doubt, but not in this class.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree about the prince deal...it is a ton of money but they already have been to the WS

i think that one will not be a bust unless he just gets injured

*referring to post 18*

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it still is a free agent deal. signing from another country doesn't discount that.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While his signing was a risk, I would not classify it as a mega-deal. 6/30 is not a potential franchise crippler.

This thread is about the Hamilton, Fielder, Hampton, Zito, Pujols, Lee, etc type deals. The kind of deals where they set franchises back if they go bad. Deals that cost OWNERS their jobs (see Peter Magowan and Barry Zito).

Chapman was a risk, no doubt, but not in this class.

you have to take into account that the reds are a small market team. that might not be a big deal for the yankees, but it is to the reds.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so..after the big "lol" you have nothing to say?:noidea:

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..after the big "lol" you have nothing to say?:noidea:

LOL.....first, I don't post a lot during the week because of my work schedule and the time difference......I work 2nd shift so I'm never around in the evenings when most people post, and now that baseball season is back, when I get home at 1am, I watch the game so don't even read the board at night when I come home either.....

Also, I'm not going to spend 5 pages arguing something like what each of our definitions are with regards to the topic at hand......I stated my opinion and why, you did as well.......it's all good that you think Chapman was a mega free agent signing.....:suds:

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broxton's 3 for 21million as a set up man is pretty absurd though. you could get his production for less.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll say this...yu wont be a waste......if you count his posting fee 6 years 110(i dont count fee though)

fucking so close last night..........