• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna remind @Chomp_Chomp & @Hall nobody is forcing you to stay here, feel free to walk away. Sad, I was really looking forward to adding some new opinions to our drafts, we have had probably 100 people in our drafts and none of them, NONE of them acted like you guys have.

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna remind @Chomp_Chomp & @Hall nobody is forcing you to stay here, feel free to walk away. Sad, I was really looking forward to adding some new opinions to our drafts, we have had probably 100 people in our drafts and none of them, NONE of them acted like you guys have.

Oh I'm not going anywhere.

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything was smooth until that first quote from Mookie, there was no reason at all to say that, we just agreed voting would be interesting and were moving on. The calling a spade a spade comment wasn't appreciated and that's where everything started.

Why was that quote upsetting? You say you have "modern players" but you don't. The most modern guy you have is Wagner who started his career in 95. I truly don't see how him bringing that up got you upset. You brought up our supposed bias on dead ball players, and we just tried to explain, it was more about value for us for those guys.

And calling a spade a spade shouldn't be an offensive term in that situation. Again, I think he was merely observing that you don't have modern players on your team. The same way you made an observation that we don't have dead ball players on ours.

What you do fail to quote is your response where you tell him he is talking out of his ass. THATS where the problem really started. And then you proceeded to call him an idiot.

Who gives a shit if we prefer modern players to old? Why do we have to agree with your opinion or you with ours?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are all of you always like this? Or did your friend passing put a grain of sand in your pussies?

I mean that I could understand. Acting like a fool because you are in sorrow makes sense.
I don't know you, but you might want to check yourself right there Bro. Seriously

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you and Mookie take turns? He comes in here and tries to get everyone to get along and you come in after and throw shots. Then you have Chomp, he seems pretty knowledgable honestly, but he acts like a 12 year old. Maybe he is still in college...idk I dont know much about you guys. Seems like most of you (not all) are hear to basically tear down these drafts more than anything.

You use foul balls as a point for you but you dont look at the things that could actually hurt those old timers, it works both ways. I can see why you dont think of od-timers. Expand your horiizon, stop being so stubborn buddy. The history of the game is a beautiful thing, we wouldnt have this game without those old-timers. They paved the way.

I don't take anything away from trendsetting and I respect their dominance over era. But I feel their era is vastly inferior to that of the 20-30's, and definitely inferior to post immigration up until the early 60's and probably againse the mid/80's to late 90's.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. I enjoy everyone else's company.

IF you are so interested in adding more opinions, perhaps learn to let some things go and not call them fucking stupid or speaking out of their ass.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am confused why "spade a spade" would be offensive especially someone of your supposedly advanced age. You probably use to say "lets call a fig a fig" like the Ancient Greeks. There was definitely no negative connotation implied from it other then tell it like it is.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say you have "modern players" but you don't.

I have two players on my team who played a game in 2010 he has zero players who played the first 80 years of MLB. I explained why I don't draft current players in wide open all time drafts, you just choose to see what you want to see, that's cool, i'm done.

Saxy Time

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes I thought I entered a new sports forum not my daughters kindergarten.

“I was looking forward to adding more opinions”..... of course unless those opinions differ from mine I have no interest and imma just flex

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes I thought I entered a new sports forum not my daughters kindergarten.

“I was looking forward to adding more opinions”..... of course unless those opinions differ from mine I have no interest and imma just flex

giphy.gif

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hall is clearly the level headed one of the group. Probably why he can deal with all those kids at work haha
I have two players on my team who played a game in 2010 he has zero players who played the first 80 years of MLB. I explained why I don't draft current players in wide open all time drafts, you just choose to see what you want to see, that's cool, i'm done.

When did they start their careers? Was it before 2005? Was their career pretty much over by the late 2000s? Then to me they aren't considered modern era players.

And we explained why we don't have nay dead ball players, but you choose not to accept that answer lol or maybe you just "see what you want to see"

But you're right, this is totally just us.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excuse me I think there was Omar and someone else

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you all, someone text BG I want to pick today. Bo Jackson & Deion Sanders are still available and modern era guys so the newbies might grab them before me.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Nosferatu
Calling a spade a spade = let's be honest = just keeping it real or however the hell you want to phrase it. Not sure why not offends anyone. The point I was simply trying to make by posting teams I've drafted in the past containing dead ball players, and explaining how we've been beaten to certain deadball or "1st 80 years of the game" targets is that if you are doing to judge us simply by our roster in this draft, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for us to do the same to you. My opinion was NOT that you are biased against modern players - I figured that you would have more if the draft fell a certain way, just like we would have more old school players - and I even stated as such, then you took it to personal level. Not my style and better ways to spend my time if that's how it's going to be. What happened to the guy that texted me the other night discussing opinions on various players..getting to know each other? Felt there was a mutual respect, a desire to share ideas, opinions etc but obviously I was wrong. The guy you turned into last night figured he knew everything there was to know about me, told me how I felt about eras, called me an idiot (again today) - talking out of my ass etc. It's simple - I'm not spending my life doing that kind of stupid s*** so if that's going to be the norm I'll be happy to leave. Attack my opinions all you want - come at me personally and start telling me how I feel when you don't really know me at all and it's an issue for me.