• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. Technically I could start him at short stop. However I was curious what others thought he was best at? He is a tough call with all the factors involved. Guess I’ll leave him at RP. Already have 3 stud SP Koufax, CY Young and Nolan Ryan and to have a stud closer or long relief pitcher named Paige couldn’t hurt. Having him as my 4th pitcher would be to much for you ladies.

ok, now your screwing with me, he never played a game at SS. Never been in one of these no restrictions draft, thought you had to at least play a game at the position.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how he did over his MLB career. What he did before is irrelevant in these drafts. Pretty sure that point has been made pretty clear over the years, especially when asked about Paige directly. That's why he doesn't usually get drafted in these.

cross Eric Thames off of my list

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like waiting for Milk to whey his options,(cmon dude) this isn't the first time Ritz has wanted to will Satchel into being a good option as a starter in an MLB draft.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how he did over his MLB career. What he did before is irrelevant in these drafts. Pretty sure that point has been made pretty clear over the years, especially when asked about Paige directly. That's why he doesn't usually get drafted in these.

I disagree with that. This draft is the most relaxed and he isn’t drafted because he doesn’t meet the normal games played requirements not because of his talent.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, now your screwing with me, he never played a game at SS. Never been in one of these no restrictions draft, thought you had to at least play a game at the position.

No restrictions to me means we can pick any MLB player and play him where ever we want. You risk losing votes of course playing guys out of position but no restrictions means just that. IMO

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like waiting for Milk to whey his options,(cmon dude) this isn't the first time Ritz has wanted to will Satchel into being a good option as a starter in an MLB draft.

I think this is the first time Satchel Paige was eligible to be drafted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the first time Satchel Paige was eligible to be drafted.
Brother, I'm pretty high right now, but you might have me beat. Lol

Almost pretty damn sure you n I both drafted him in the last year or so. Dude.... I'm almost certain, close to almost. Prolly.

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how I have viewed the rules and how I will judge and vote. Satchel was a great player over his career. But only spent 5 years in the MLB and had a losing record. In a MLB only draft, he isn’t really a draftable player in my opinion. This is a deeper draft then most that I have done, but again he is technically a 2 time all star with a 28-31 record and that’s it.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn’t drafted because he doesn’t meet the normal games played requirements not because of his talent

I absolutely agree.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I have viewed the rules and how I will judge and vote. Satchel was a great player over his career. But only spent 5 years in the MLB and had a losing record. In a MLB only draft, he isn’t really a draftable player in my opinion. This is a deeper draft then most that I have done, but again he is technically a 2 time all star with a 28-31 record and that’s it.

I agree with some of that but record is a terrible way to judge a pitcher IMO.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and smitty have picked him. The few times he's been eligible for game requirements. I was pissed :dhd: add ritz to the list :gaah:

I believe I picked him just a few months ago. ;)

Ritz even had him as a starter in a draft 4 years ago - and he lost bad.....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you and smitty have picked him. The few times he's been eligible for game requirements. I was pissed :dhd: add ritz to the list :gaah:

BTW Devil - you're gonna get me in trouble with my wife.

She's already put you on the shit list for that husky crap you pulled last week :dhd: