• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually know or heard of every player in these drafts, maybe its rust..but Stoke has stumped me 3 times and everyone else zero. not sure if thats good or bad on my part.

McGraw - realized the name as a Manger, never had bothered to look him up as a player..so I knew him but not as a player

Jennings - may have seen him, if so, never thought of drafting him and didn't know you got into the HOF by getting HBP to death.

Ed Morris - not even sure which Ed Morris the pitcher was drafted at this point, could be a toss up "cannonball" or "Big Ed"
Jennings is also the best manager in Tigers history, arguably.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are we suppose to draft player/managers like old time baseball? missed that

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why would Stoke get 2 of them, to cover 1st and 3rd?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGraw retired with the highest OBP of alltime.

so one had the highest OBP of all time and the other the most HBP, now I know, these questions won't come up again at least til he drafts another player.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about Satchel Paige. I thought he would be a starter for my team but learned he mostly was RP in MLB, however was a dominant SP in ***** league. Was it because of racism or athleticism that he didn’t play mostly SP in majors? Was putting him as a RP like a demotion and he would play less in hopes he would quit or was he just plain better at being a RP in MLB. Not trying to start a race war but curious about the whole situation. You look up greatest pitchers of all time and I see him top 20 but you look up greatest RP and he isn’t listed. Again I’m just searching for knowledge which you all should know I need more of.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so one had the highest OBP of all time and the other the most HBP, now I know, these questions won't come up again at least til he drafts another player.
Jennings retired with the highest OBP of any SS.

Sort of.

He put himself in a few games here and there till he was 50. Lol.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question about Satchel Paige. I thought he would be a starter for my team but learned he mostly was RP in MLB, however was a dominant SP in ***** league. Was it because of racism or athleticism that he didn’t play mostly SP in majors? Was putting him as a RP like a demotion and he would play less in hopes he would quit or was he just plain better at being a RP in MLB. Not trying to start a race war but curious about the whole situation. You look up greatest pitchers of all time and I see him top 20 but you look up greatest RP and he isn’t listed. Again I’m just searching for knowledge which you all should know I need more of.

He was ancient when he got to MLB.

Hall

Hoopla Cash
$ 126,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was mostly his Age as he was 41 by time he got to the MLB.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was ancient when he got to MLB.

Okay but your opinion in his dominate ***** playing days how would he have done in MLB? Because isn’t that what we are drafting, the average he performed at not his last few years. We don’t draft Michael Jordan the Wizard but we Draft Michael Jordan the Bull.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI I didn’t even think about his age when he came to the MLB as a factor. Great point though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay but your opinion in his dominate ***** playing days how would he have done in MLB? Because isn’t that what we are drafting, the average he performed at not his last few years. We don’t draft Michael Jordan the Wizard but we Draft Michael Jordan the Bull.
I haven't looked at his ***** League stats lately. Or maybe ever.

He was essentially the Browns closer though. Made two AS games as a reliever, in the 50's. That's pretty rare. And he didn't really start a seasons worth over his MLB career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI I didn’t even think about his age when he came to the MLB as a factor. Great point though.
His MLB run is more impressive due to him being a 41 year old rookie (maybe, his birthday and birth year aren't 100%).

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its however you want him, right? he can be a SP or RP, he did start some games.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk is not likely to pick tonight so i'm off, see y'all in the morning. I'm not really sure if i'll have access tomorrow...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its however you want him, right? he can be a SP or RP, he did start some games.

Correct. Technically I could start him at short stop. However I was curious what others thought he was best at? He is a tough call with all the factors involved. Guess I’ll leave him at RP. Already have 3 stud SP Koufax, CY Young and Nolan Ryan and to have a stud closer or long relief pitcher named Paige couldn’t hurt. Having him as my 4th pitcher would be to much for you ladies.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's how he did over his MLB career. What he did before is irrelevant in these drafts. Pretty sure that point has been made pretty clear over the years, especially when asked about Paige directly. That's why he doesn't usually get drafted in these.