• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice pick Milk I was just looking at Arie. Outstanding speed. The man had 742 stolen bases in 17 seasons and his first 4 seasons and last 2 seasons playing he recorded only 1 SB combined. The man had 129 stolen bases in 1887 and 109 SB's in 1888.

his OBP sucks though for a speedster... But i didn't really have a choice... I needed a righty, i wanted to take killebrew out of the infield... and i wanted speed... arlie has very good defense, very good speed, and plays 3B... just wish he was the full package to help me...

Plus, he is the Freshest man on earth

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night ladies

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk you have butted heads with everyone equally I may add. Butting heads is not necessarily a bad thing and its quite often we all butt heads since we all differ in opinions (well except for Nos and UK, I swear they are the same poster, just different screen name) Seriously we have had guys who gone off on peoples opinions (Geicko and others) but you always backup your opinions. Now we may not agree with you 100% but I respect how you passionately state your cases. You changed how many of us vote during the playoffs. Not the who to vote for but we (maybe just I) on that I evaluate each players stats before voting then try to give a reason on who we voted for. Before it was I vote 500. Now its 500 has a stronger lineup then Ritz but Ritz's pitching would..... So what I am saying is thanks for your passion in these drafts. You have made these Mock Drafts better. :suds: Damn I need to stop taking these Vicodin its making me nice.
But really vote 500 was all u needed :suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear about Max Scherzer's almost perfect game today?

My team Nats and Max Scherzer had a perfect game going into 9th inning with 2 outs and 2 strikes until Pirates pinch hitter Jose Tabata leaned into the pitch a got struck on the elbow, ruining the perfect game. I can understand trying to get hit when the game is close and need to get on base for someone to hopefully get you home. However it was 6-0. It was a bush league play and pisses me off. Scherzer being a class act player responded to a reporters question “It was a slider that just backed up and hit him. I don’t blame him for doing it. Heck, I’d probably do the same thing. It was just a pitch that got away from me,” he said.

It didn't get away from him it was a little inside. Oh well Scherzer still earned the win plus the no hitter.
I was watching when Tabata leaned in and took it.

Crazy thing to me is that Max went CG two games in a row. I think he had two CGs as a Tiger. Always got ahead in counts then nibbled and wasted pitches. Hardly ever got thru 7.

Nice to see him doing so well in DC. He was came across as a really great guy and teammate when he was a Tiger.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching when Tabata leaned in and took it.

Crazy thing to me is that Max went CG two games in a row. I think he had two CGs as a Tiger. Always got ahead in counts then nibbled and wasted pitches. Hardly ever got thru 7.

Nice to see him doing so well in DC. He was came across as a really great guy and teammate when he was a Tiger.

It's scary how deep Nats pitching is. To have Strasburg be like #3 pitcher and on DL most of year and still do so well. Having Tanner Roark who was 15 game winner last season and put into bullpen with the addition of Scherzer is just unheard of. Jordan Zimmerman, Strasburg (when healthy), Jordan Zimmerman all are #1 starters, Roark #2 and lastly Gio Gonzalez who frustrates me. I say move Gio to bullpen and put Roark back in. Oh yeah and also Doug Fister who is coming back from DL. Man they are loaded. Just need to stay healthy and WS here they come.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's scary how deep Nats pitching is. To have Strasburg be like #3 pitcher and on DL most of year and still do so well. Having Tanner Roark who was 15 game winner last season and put into bullpen with the addition of Scherzer is just unheard of. Jordan Zimmerman, Strasburg (when healthy), Jordan Zimmerman all are #1 starters, Roark #2 and lastly Gio Gonzalez who frustrates me. I say move Gio to bullpen and put Roark back in. Oh yeah and also Doug Fister who is coming back from DL. Man they are loaded. Just need to stay healthy and WS here they come.
Definitely lots of pitching for your Nats.

Gio still love to walk people? I haven't paid attention to him in a long time.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pick Smitty! Betances strikes out 45% of batters this year! Dude is just plain filth

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely lots of pitching for your Nats.

Gio still love to walk people? I haven't paid attention to him in a long time.

Yes plus what drives my wife and myself crazy is when Gio doesn't get a borderline call he has a meltdown. Then his pitching really goes to shit. He needs to calm his emotions. I've seen him ejected several times for arguing balls and strikes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I'd do just about anything to break up a perfect game or a no hitter. If I'm down ten and the third baseman is playing deep, I'll bunt.

But I wouldn't have a problem with anyone calling it bush league. Or hitting him next time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pick Smitty! Betances strikes out 45% of batters this year! Dude is just plain filth
It's a small sample size, but the man is dominant.

I believe he's over 50% for his career. (Yep, checked 13.8Ks per 9. 3.2 better than Randy Johnson the Alltime leader.)

His career WHIP is .8something.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes plus what drives my wife and myself crazy is when Gio doesn't get a borderline call he has a meltdown. Then his pitching really goes to shit. He needs to calm his emotions. I've seen him ejected several times for arguing balls and strikes.
Sometimes it might be better to get tossed than yanked in the 3rd. Hahaha. (Which is what I thought Alfredo Simon was going to do today. He got yanked one batter later.)

I used to have Gio in a keeper league and I finally couldn't stomach the walks anymore.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, I'd do just about anything to break up a perfect game or a no hitter. If I'm down ten and the third baseman is playing deep, I'll bunt.

But I wouldn't have a problem with anyone calling it bush league. Or hitting him next time.
If you bunt, the defense should make a play. If not, I'd bunt and keep bunting.I coach one of DBats premiere HS teams, and I ask no quarter and give none . I've stopped playing with an 8 run lead more than once and seen teams hit their way back in. When they come from behind after you stopped playing, they don't say "know what, y'all had this one, never mind"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you bunt, the defense should make a play. If not, I'd bunt and keep bunting.I coach one of DBats premiere HS teams, and I ask no quarter and give none . I've stopped playing with an 8 run lead more than once and seen teams hit their way back in. When they come from behind after you stopped playing, they don't say "know what, y'all had this one, never mind"
That's why there's a mercy rule, right?

Atleast in Michigan it's 15 after 3 and 10 after 5. I only coach JVs, but we were on the ropes in the third once this year, down like 12-13 and came back to win. Can't take anything for granted. And best to aim for that mercy kill if you can. (Obviously doesn't apply to mlb)

At the Big League level nobody should want to lay down for someone else's personal glory. (Denny McLain piping one to Mickey Mantle for his 500th homer. Favre laying down for Strahan...)

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it might be better to get tossed than yanked in the 3rd. Hahaha. (Which is what I thought Alfredo Simon was going to do today. He got yanked one batter later.)

I used to have Gio in a keeper league and I finally couldn't stomach the walks anymore.

Simon worked at a snails pace it was hard for me to watch even with the Yanks dominating. I'm going to the game tomorrow

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first time was in the Texas 12 year old State tourney. WLK will like this one. My team was a small East Texas town team, our all star team won the area tourney and were playing the state event. Tourney was double elimination. We are up 8-0 after 3. I got the bright idea to pull my ace. I had my #2 ready for the next day, and if we won our first two, we would get a bye on day 3, meaning if my ace had only thrown 3 innings, I could bring him back for 4 more on day 4. I take the ace out, put in my # 3, he gets shelled. Gives up 4 without getting an out. Put in my # 4, and he pitches well, but a blooper, a ball that grazed the batter on 0-2, and a perfectly placed swinging bunt later, they had the lead run on 2nd with two out. The only ball they hit hard off of him was the double to beat us 9-8 and throw us into the losers bracket instead of winners, Lost in semi's. Moral of the long story....that's what run rules are for. If you are beating someone too badly, they can always quit....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon worked at a snails pace it was hard for me to watch even with the Yanks dominating. I'm going to the game tomorrow
Sanchez V Tanaka will hopefully be a better game than the first two! That's cool man, enjoy the game.

Not sure the last time Detroit was below .500? Could after tommorow.....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 20
20.1.153 : 500 : Giancarlo Stanton - RF
20.2.154 : WLK : Thurman Munson - C
20.3.155 : Smitty : Jesse Orosco - RP
20.4.156 : UK : Dave Righetti - RP
20.5.157 : Milk : @MilkSpiller22
20.6.158 : Nos :
20.7.159 : Ritz :
20.8.160 : Jeffro :

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 20
20.1.153 : 500 : Giancarlo Stanton - RF
20.2.154 : WLK : Thurman Munson - C
20.3.155 : Smitty : Jesse Orosco - RP
20.4.156 : UK : Dave Righetti - RP
20.5.157 : Milk : @MilkSpiller22
20.6.158 : Nos :
20.7.159 : Ritz :
20.8.160 : Jeffro :

Nos can you leave me a list please so we don't have to wait until noon tomorrow?