• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Salary Cap Draft: CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, Webb was my #5 starter, I'll post a comparison to whoever your #5 is in this draft

As to, Walker-Griffey, Walkers average wouldn't be 30 points higher if he hadn't of played half his game at Coors....LMFAO.....and if Griffey played for the Rockies, he might have 800 HR's. Either way, neither is a lead-off, but I would take Griffey over Walker at leadoff, 2 hole, 3 hole, cleanup, ........

I would take WLK's son Walker over Griffey at leadoff, 2 hole, 3 hole, cleanup

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, by the updated Full Draft thread UK got my next pick and still has his 11th and 12th lol. Just messing with ya lol

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, by the updated Full Draft thread UK got my next pick and still has his 11th and 12th lol. Just messing with ya lol

Nos hasn't updated that round yet. He will.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son texted meberts daughter to let her know that her dad is OTC. She will post his pick.

Edit: WLK is now OTC and texted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts is OTC and never gave me his number for some reason. :noidea:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats acquire CL Melancon from Pirates

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will most likely get one pick in today lol

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I recall, Webb was my #5 starter, I'll post a comparison to whoever your #5 is in this draft

As to, Walker-Griffey, Walkers average wouldn't be 30 points higher if he hadn't of played half his game at Coors....LMFAO.....and if Griffey played for the Rockies, he might have 800 HR's. Either way, neither is a lead-off, but I would take Griffey over Walker at leadoff, 2 hole, 3 hole, cleanup, ........

So, now we are playing if? If batters got to hit from 2nd base there would be a lot more home runs. What if is stupid and you know it.

Walker hit .322 with a .394 OBP his last season in Montreal. At ages 37 & 38 he hit .286 with an OBP of .387 with the Cardinals, yeah he would have sucked if not for Coors.

You aren't gonna bring up Oscar Schmidt again are you?

I'll take Griffey in his 20's over Walker in his 20's but i'll take Walker in his 30's over Griffey in his 30's. I also didn't spend a real early pick on Walker like you did Griffey. Yeah, not sure what i'm thinking wanting a career .313 hitter with a career OBP of .400 leading off... Whoa is me...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ehb5 @tlance

I think Nats got a great deal here.

The Washington Nationals have acquired All-Star closer Mark Melancon in a trade Saturday with the Pittsburgh Pirates, according to multiple reports.

Left-handed reliever Felipe Rivero is headed to Pittsburgh as part of the deal, according to reports. The trade was first reported Saturday by Fox Sports.

Melancon, 31, is 1-1 with a 1.51 ERA and 30 saves this season. The right-hander likely will serve as the closer in Washington, which has struggled lately in late-inning situations.

Jonathan Papelbon was pulled in the ninth inning of Thursday's game against the San Francisco Giants and took the loss in two other games over the past week. The Nationals have used reliever Shawn Kelley to close out their last two games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now we are playing if? If batters got to hit from 2nd base there would be a lot more home runs. What if is stupid and you know it.

Walker hit .322 with a .394 OBP his last season in Montreal. At ages 37 & 38 he hit .286 with an OBP of .387 with the Cardinals, yeah he would have sucked if not for Coors.

You aren't gonna bring up Oscar Schmidt again are you?

I'll take Griffey in his 20's over Walker in his 20's but i'll take Walker in his 30's over Griffey in his 30's. I also didn't spend a real early pick on Walker like you did Griffey. Yeah, not sure what i'm thinking wanting a career .313 hitter with a career OBP of .400 leading off... Whoa is me...
I had a heck of a team, and you went on and on and on about how Griffey wasn't a true leadoff hitter, and I made the case that the only time a leadoff hitter is sure to lead off is the 1st inning, the rest of the time it's just Griffey Jr at the plate. Now, you can quote all the numbers you want till you are blue in the face about Walker, who was a good hitter, but he was not a leadoff hitter and you know it. You can bring up all the Oscar Schmidt you want, but you are the guy who gets on here and says you don't know if you can vote for a guy because he has a left tackle playing right tackle LMAO. Besides, since I was an advocate of Griffey hitting leadoff on a great team, it's not me you'll have to sway, just saying I lost with the better team because I didn't have a true leadoff, so you may need to sway some others, obviously

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Mebert

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK is OTC for 2 picks and texted

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats get CL Mark Melancon for LHRP Felipe Rivero & #27th ranked Nats prospect LHP Taylor Hearn. I like this trade.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a heck of a team, and you went on and on and on about how Griffey wasn't a true leadoff hitter, and I made the case that the only time a leadoff hitter is sure to lead off is the 1st inning, the rest of the time it's just Griffey Jr at the plate. Now, you can quote all the numbers you want till you are blue in the face about Walker, who was a good hitter, but he was not a leadoff hitter and you know it. You can bring up all the Oscar Schmidt you want, but you are the guy who gets on here and says you don't know if you can vote for a guy because he has a left tackle playing right tackle LMAO. Besides, since I was an advocate of Griffey hitting leadoff on a great team, it's not me you'll have to sway, just saying I lost with the better team because I didn't have a true leadoff, so you may need to sway some others, obviously

Let me guess you have never said anything to try and help your team win? You ever stop to think I might have given you shit about hitting Griffey leadoff because there really wasn't anything else I could hammer about your team? Not sure why you decided to attack me in regard to this and I honestly don't care and you can say Walker isn't a leadoff hitter all you want, but when you have some of the greatest power hitting run producers who ever played hitting 3,4,5,6 a guy with a .313 career average and a career OBP of .400 is very much a lead off hitter.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess you have never said anything to try and help your team win? You ever stop to think I might have given you shit about hitting Griffey leadoff because there really wasn't anything else I could hammer about your team? Not sure why you decided to attack me in regard to this and I honestly don't care and you can say Walker isn't a leadoff hitter all you want, but when you have some of the greatest power hitting run producers who ever played hitting 3,4,5,6 a guy with a .313 career average and a career OBP of .400 is very much a lead off hitter.
LOL, so you admit to making an argument that you didn't even believe in to try and win? Wow....and I wouldn't say I ''attacked'' you...I asked you if you were really gonna hit Walker leadoff and you got defensive. Maybe if you hadn't made the BS argument against Griffey hitting leadoff, you wouldn't have to defend hitting a 3 hole hitter at the top of the order yourself
:wash:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Shane

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, so you admit to making an argument that you didn't even believe in to try and win? Wow....and I wouldn't say I ''attacked'' you...I asked you if you were really gonna hit Walker leadoff and you got defensive. Maybe if you hadn't made the BS argument against Griffey hitting leadoff, you wouldn't have to defend hitting a 3 hole hitter at the top of the order yourself
:wash:

:pop2:Now I just need my boy Omar to come join the party and I'll be set with entertainment till my son goes to bed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:Now I just need my boy Omar to come join the party and I'll be set with entertainment till my son goes to bed.
The abuse I took on Griffey lasted about 9 pages, I had to give him shit for a page or two in return anyway:nod: