• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MLB-ALCS-Game 3....RedSox @ Tigers....who ya got??

NLB-ALCS-Game 3....RedSox @ Tigers ...who ya got??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. I agree a 1-0 game going this long is annoying as all hell. You'd think it would have gone a lot quicker. The Red Sox just needed to get to Verlander they really didn't other than that one run, and the Tigers bullpen for what they were used for did well. The Sox pen did their job as well, it has been a damn good series.

Red Sox win!

A win is a win is a win. However, is it too much to ask for an exciting win?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0 Sawks.

Something is missing besides the bullpen here in Detroit.

We need some athletes like Boston has in Ellsbury, Pedroia, and/or Victorino.

For decades, Boston fielded an all-star beer league team.

They learned.

The biggest bunch of crap I hear all the time is that you do not want players running aggressively, hitting and running and stealing bases in front of power.

A well rounded roster that can field, run and use all of the five tools is the way to go.

BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win is a win. However, is it too much to ask for an exciting win?

Yeah a pitchers duel is dull to watch on TV I agree with you there.

But I beg to differ I think Sunday was an exciting win to come back and win it in the end. That was HUGE. This win was huge but boring like you have been alluding too.

Oh and good luck to the Dodgers tonight.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 1-0 game going past 3.5 hours. Even with a 17-minute delay, that's ridiculous.
thats why i tuned in at the 8th, saw napoli homer and the last inning. was a great game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the team who hits better with runners in scoring position would win this series, because chance would be at a premium.

Detroit just couldn't get the hit needed, included twice with runners on 3rd base and 1 out. Congrats to Boston -- they earned the win today.

The one thing I absolutely DO NOT get -- VMart singles to leadoff the inning. WHY WOULD YOU NOT BUNT HIM OVER?!?!?!?!?!?! You put in a pinch runner and then let Peralta swing himself into a double play.

The ridiculous pinch hit AB by Iglesias for Dirks, who struck out on 3 pitches, killed Detroit. If Iglesias was available -- I guarantee he would have been up there to bunt the runner over.

Makes no sense not to give yourself 2 chances to score the tying run from 2nd base.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the team doesn't score a lead-off double and strands lead-off players 3 times, the season is coming to an end quickly.

Ajax and Fielder, look at your batting on tape, then hit the cages for christ-sake :gaah:

Swingin at pitches waaayyy out of the strike zone, :rollseyes:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the team who hits better with runners in scoring position would win this series, because chance would be at a premium.

Detroit just couldn't get the hit needed, included twice with runners on 3rd base and 1 out. Congrats to Boston -- they earned the win today.

The one thing I absolutely DO NOT get -- VMart singles to leadoff the inning. WHY WOULD YOU NOT BUNT HIM OVER?!?!?!?!?!?! You put in a pinch runner and then let Peralta swing himself into a double play.

The ridiculous pinch hit AB by Iglesias for Dirks, who struck out on 3 pitches, killed Detroit. If Iglesias was available -- I guarantee he would have been up there to bunt the runner over.

Makes no sense not to give yourself 2 chances to score the tying run from 2nd base.
You'd have Jhonny Peralta bunt, so Avila can face Koji?
Sucks he hit into a DP, but I don't think it was a mistake at all to let him hit. (Jhonny started because he can hit, he wasnt going to be pinch hit for by a defensive shortstop, I guarantee it: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game by JV as expected. Really great outing by Lackey. I didn't see that coming. It looked like the delay really settled him down. Miggy looked bad in a couple of ABs. I didn't expect that either. He'd been coming around at the plate. Gotta score to win. I know ... profound. Tigers should have the edge in tomorrows matchup, but that's what I thought today.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Peavy will get a chance to strike Iggy out tomorrow? (I'm not sure who has the edge tomorrow). Or if Detroits third of the trade will sit again?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know... the matchup is basically a toss up tomorrow. I'm trying to be positive here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a notorious Peavy lover on The Tigers Board, so I'll take all the positivity you've got.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have Jhonny Peralta bunt, so Avila can face Koji?
Sucks he hit into a DP, but I don't think it was a mistake at all to let him hit. (Jhonny started because he can hit, he wasnt going to be pinch hit for by a defensive shortstop, I guarantee it: )

regular season -- i agree, let peralta bat. 1-0 game in the 9th inning against a closer who has been as good as Uehara. You have to play small ball there, IMO.

it gives you two chances to tie the game with a base hit. runs are at a premium -- you have to give your team the chance to score any time you can.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a notorious Peavy lover on The Tigers Board, so I'll take all the positivity you've got.

here is some positivity for you smitty -- the last 9 starts Peavy has made against Detroit, he is 2-4 with an ERA right around 7.00.

i'm thinking today's game is going to be the one where we actually see some runs scored. then again -- neither team seems to be able to hit the ball consistently against the other's pitching, so it could be a 1-0 game again. LOL