• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJD vs. Lamar Miller

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN rankings. Standard #16 MJD/#26 Miller | PPR #30 MJD/ Miller #64

Both risky but Miller is unproven...

Who would you draft first?

Thoughts?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my list MJD is just a shade above Miller. MJD should provide better stats if they both start, and MJD's injury problems are comparable to Miller being largely unproven and having more legit competition.

But if that's where they're going, they're both too high for me.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen in mocks MJD is a 3-4th rounder and Miller is a 5th rounder.(ESPN)
As I've said in another thread I don't see a huge difference between them either BUT I'd expect more production especially TDs...from Jones-Drew. With Miller being unproven and given a full workload...there is a risk he misses time with injury.

I'm in a ESPN ppr league so maybe thats why I'm biased as well

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen in mocks MJD is a 3-4th rounder and Miller is a 5th rounder.(ESPN)
As I've said in another thread I don't see a huge difference between them either BUT I'd expect more production especially TDs...from Jones-Drew. With Miller being unproven and given a full workload...there is a risk he misses time with injury.

I'm in a ESPN ppr league so maybe thats why I'm biased as well

I would much rather take Miller in the 5th than MJD in the early 3rd. Unfortunately, I don't think that is realistic.

Miller is ranked #30 on Y! and has gone in the 4th round in almost every mock I have done on ESPN. His ADP is still well behind MJD's on every site, and for that reason I would take Miller because as Wil says, the two players are pretty comparable risks.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you got Miller in the 5th you would be doing pretty good. It's nice to see all the hype on Miller and believe me as a Dolphin fan I hope he is the next great thing in Miami. I think though the REAL value if you are mining Miami for fantasy studs will be Tannehill and Wallace both will be worth a lot more than they are going for now by the end of the year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you got Miller in the 5th you would be doing pretty good. It's nice to see all the hype on Miller and believe me as a Dolphin fan I hope he is the next great thing in Miami. I think though the REAL value if you are mining Miami for fantasy studs will be Tannehill and Wallace both will be worth a lot more than they are going for now by the end of the year.

I think Tannehill will be the real deal both in the pros and from a fantasy perspective in 2 years.
Just needs a few more weapons. There is so much expected of starting rookie QBs nowadays and he too was above average.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tannehill, but there are simply too many elite QB options out there from a fantasy perspective. Tannehill could double his TDs, cut his INTs in half, tack on another 1000 passing yards, and still not be a top-10 QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really care for round projections..as trying to guess what round I'll target playerX leaves me open to a stressful draft when it doesn't happen the way I projected..so..my take on MJD vs Miller is if either is available when I'm ready to draft my THIRD RB, I'd take either of them. If both are there I'll take Miller everyday and twice on Sunday. If neither are available (and they probably wont be) I'll thank my lucky stars that someone else reached for them and gave me a better pick that round.

BTW..I generally take a third RB after I have 2 WRs and a QB. So..sixth round, maybe 5th depending on the flow of the draft

Last edited by a moderator: