• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minor Leagues in 2021

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants just signed two players to minor league deals, both of whom the Pirates recently jettisoned. At least one is a two year minor league deal.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants just signed two players to minor league deals, both of whom the Pirates recently jettisoned. At least one is a two year minor league deal.

Nogowski was 1-4 tonight with a homer and 4 RBI.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with Rodriguez, but Harrison, Luciano, Murphy and Matos are all LEGIT prospects.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think at least two of these guys would end up on the big club.

Gotta wear shades...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of projected minor league free agents from the farm system. Gott, Jewell, Moronta and Tauchman have already declared free agency (due to MLB rules about dfa'd players being able to declare early).

Starting pitchers: Aaron Blair, Gerson Garabito, Akeel Morris, Logan Ondrusek, Matt Shoemaker,
Relief pitchers: Melvin Adon, Daniel Alvarez, Luis Amaya, Silvina Bracho,Tyler Cyr, Trevor Gott, David Graybill, Norwith Gudino, Ryan Halstead, Jasier Herrera, Trevor Hildenberger, Jake Jewell, Jorge Labrador, Yunior Marte, Reyes Moronta, Phil Pfeifer, Heath Slatton, Willian Suarez, Jesus Tona, Raffi Vizcaino, Ronnie Williams, Sam Wolff
Catchers: Bryan Case, Ronnie Freeman, Bruce Maxwell, Bryan Torres
Infielders: Arismendy Alcantara, Jason Krizan, Peter Maris, Wyatt Mathisen, Joe McCarthy, Mitchell Tolman
Outfielders: Luis Alexander Basabe, Braden Bishop, Sandro Fabian, Mike Tauchman, Ka'ai Tom (not known if he is already signed to 2022 like Nogowski)

Any players you see on this list that you would like to have return in 2022?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the list of projected minor league free agents from the farm system. Gott, Jewell, Moronta and Tauchman have already declared free agency (due to MLB rules about dfa'd players being able to declare early).

Starting pitchers: Aaron Blair, Gerson Garabito, Akeel Morris, Logan Ondrusek, Matt Shoemaker,
Relief pitchers: Melvin Adon, Daniel Alvarez, Luis Amaya, Silvina Bracho,Tyler Cyr, Trevor Gott, David Graybill, Norwith Gudino, Ryan Halstead, Jasier Herrera, Trevor Hildenberger, Jake Jewell, Jorge Labrador, Yunior Marte, Reyes Moronta, Phil Pfeifer, Heath Slatton, Willian Suarez, Jesus Tona, Raffi Vizcaino, Ronnie Williams, Sam Wolff
Catchers: Bryan Case, Ronnie Freeman, Bruce Maxwell, Bryan Torres
Infielders: Arismendy Alcantara, Jason Krizan, Peter Maris, Wyatt Mathisen, Joe McCarthy, Mitchell Tolman
Outfielders: Luis Alexander Basabe, Braden Bishop, Sandro Fabian, Mike Tauchman, Ka'ai Tom (not known if he is already signed to 2022 like Nogowski)

Any players you see on this list that you would like to have return in 2022?

Not really.

Ronnie Williams showed some improvement last year, though still walks too many. He's 25.

I am not sure why Jesus Tona didn't pitch many innings last season, but he's still only 25.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Ronnie Williams showed some improvement last year, though still walks too many. He's 25.

I am not sure why Jesus Tona didn't pitch many innings last season, but he's still only 25.
I can only guess Tona was hurt at the start of the season, but not sure. I had thought, after his amazing seasons since converting from catching, that the Giants would move him up faster but probably the 2020 lost season and, possibly, his injury, derailed that. I would like to see him get a shot at AAA next year with the Giants. Couldn't be worse that 2/3rds of the guys that they had there this year. If he doesn't work out, move on.

It sad to see Adon lost to injury all year and Cyr stink at AAA. Had high hopes for both.

I'd be okay if the Giants bring back Tona and Bishop and possibly Wolff, Hildenberger, Vizcaino and McCarthy. The rest I'm okay with seeing move on.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, missed a minor league free agent - catcher Andres Angulo.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop and Moronta?

Wasn't he, Moronta, a "next big thing" at one point?

I'm not that well versed in our lower league guys.

Bishop for sure though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop and Moronta?

Wasn't he, Moronta, a "next big thing" at one point?

I'm not that well versed in our lower league guys.

Bishop for sure though.
The “Bishop” on this list is not the ”Bishop” you are thinking of. This is his brother.

Moronta WAS “the next big thing”, until he suffered back to back major arm injuries.