• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mindset after the loss?

Where is your mindset after the loss?

• Freaked: All facets were a mess, and it doesn't look like we will be able to recover over the year.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Worried: Wasted a win away with multiple issues, and makes the GB game a must win.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Not Worried: It happens in St. Louis, and now time to focus on next week.

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a week one loss, how will the Hawks recover and where is your mindset?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I was bummed to lose a game that was ours to lose, but it's not the end of the world. This team has too much talent not to win games, but overall I feel the coaching needs to get better. Bad day all around, but the game was still in hand against the toughest front line D in the league. We'll bounce back.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has started off slow before. It sucks that its a division loss and no one wants to start off 0-1, but panic shouldn't be setting in for anyone.
Wilson wasn't sharp. He had a lot of bad throws. There were some questionable play calls on offense and a couple of special teams gaffs. All of which can be cleaned up. Kam could return and really give the team a boost.

The worries are the o line and actually the defensive play calling. It wasn't CR's ideal coming out party. According to the numbers released by the league the defense did well in the 4th and OT while in cover 3 and got lit up nearly every down they were in cover 1. They weren't shifting the coverages at the right time and they weren't playing them well. This too has to be a concern. Pete has his work cut out for him to help get this unit back up to the level of play required to get to the playoffs.

You can't freak out until at least week 4 or 5 if we aren't seeing the team come together by then. Hopefully Kam is back well before then as well and we can see what the full team is capable of.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did kinda set me off to see the defense go lax the moment we had that late lead, allowing too many big plays and all that, a scenario we had seen on occasion over the years. Sure, the new guy at SS wasn't up to the challenge just yet, and he realized it, but when one person is out (Chancellor, you ass!), it takes the whole team to step up in his absence, not just the one position player.

A little something to think about for Week 2. If nothing else, best to get the crap out of the way early rather than end up tripping up so close to the end of the regular season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool as I believe I handle losses well. The season is 16 weeks long and concerns can be removed with a good performance.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool as I believe I handle losses well. The season is 16 weeks long and concerns can be removed with a good performance.
Concerns could be removed if Kam would end his stupid hold out and get his ass back to work and play out the contract he signed. :gaah:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling pretty doubtful about this season, especially our offense. Lynch had a few good runs but he did not look himself especially on the last play. I just feel like our offense refuses to use players strengths. Baldwin bubble screens? Post to kearse? Doing almost nothing with graham on 3rd down?

I know I've been pounding this for years, but bevell has to be replaced he is atrocious.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not happy, and for sure a bit worried. 0-2 is a strong possibility at this point, and if they don't get their shit together they could end up 8-8 or 9-7. However they always seem to make a good push during the middle of the season and have finished strong most of the time under Carroll. Hopefully that continues and they'll come out okay.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've been pounding this for years, but bevell has to be replaced he is atrocious.
The defensive calls were worse than the offensive ones. Giving up 34 points and letting a team just steam roll you when it counted is not seahawk football. Bevell was not in the top 5 things wrong in that game. Kam, Carroll's bad calls, KR's bad calls on defense, Wilson not looking good, Earl not playing up to his normal standards, were all worse IMO.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive calls were worse than the offensive ones. Giving up 34 points and letting a team just steam roll you when it counted is not seahawk football. Bevell was not in the top 5 things wrong in that game. Kam, Carroll's bad calls, KR's bad calls on defense, Wilson not looking good, Earl not playing up to his normal standards, were all worse IMO.

Eh I think I'd put Bevel in the top 5 there. Not number one but there was a lot of questionable shit going on in that game on his end. I also thought the front 7 had a really rough time getting guys to the ground. Seemed like they were always taking a weird angle that allowed the ball carrier to easily split the defense. You're definitely right about Earl though, don't think the announcers called his name once after they announced the starters.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW threw for 251. Our team has 124 on the ground and won the TO battle 3-1 IIRC.
Many areas to blame but the biggest one is the D.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 'Fuck Kam' a mindset?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 'Fuck Kam' a mindset?
Everyone else at fault for the loss at least was trying to do right for their brothers and the fans. Only one person isn't. Call it what you want, but damned right I'm in the Fuck Kam camp. And it's going to get far worse until he shows his ass back up to work and does what he's fucking paid to do.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling pretty doubtful about this season, especially our offense. Lynch had a few good runs but he did not look himself especially on the last play. I just feel like our offense refuses to use players strengths. Baldwin bubble screens? Post to kearse? Doing almost nothing with graham on 3rd down?

Agreed, Bevell is sub-par ... His offensive play-calling has cost us in a lot of situations...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd vote so I could see the results so far. No need to get all freaked out or anything :thumb:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defensive failures were a new thing, nothing new about the continued failure of bevell. When the game is on the line, bevell cannot be trusted.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive failures were a new thing, nothing new about the continued failure of bevell. When the game is on the line, bevell cannot be trusted.
I won't judge this offense based on a first game road game against a division rival that always punches us in the mouth and against a top 4 defense in the league. I will judge the defense and our selfish SS who's not there fighting along with his brothers.

The offense will be better next week pretty much no matter what. GB is not the level of defense the Rams are. But if this defense isn't markedly improved it won't matter how much offense we bring because Rodgers is going to fucking eat that secondary for lunch.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Lynch's defense on the last play, Rams already knew he was getting the ball out of shotgun formation. It was obvious and there was nothing Lynch could do. The run call i'm fine with, but the formation it was run out of was awful.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its only the 1st game so its not the panic button yet for sure, but it sure seems Bevell and Carroll are still wearing that play calling curse from the superbowl last season. A few real head scratchers for sure. I hate the hand offs from the shotgun formation. That makes the 4th and 1 a 4th and 5. Not sure I believe Pete about the onside kick either. Even if a pooch kick was he call, that would have been a poor decision too.

Even if we lose to Green Bay, its early and there will be time to right the ship.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel just like i do after every loss, the sky is falling, all is lost.