• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Williams?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bills-mike-williams-gets-permission-seek-trade-154728820--nfl.html

I have been pretty vocal on here saying that our WRs arent very good and there are sources saying that Bills WR Mike Williams wants out of buffalo who thinks that this should be something we should look into? Im not saying we should give up a 1st day pick for him just for a fair price because buffalo is loaded with young receivers I dont think they would need him anyway...I think with his contract this probably cant happen just a thought that came in my head i mean the last guy we traded for from buffalo ended up pretty good

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Seattle starts giving up picks, I think our WR's are good but Bevell needs to call the correct plays. Our WR's are always surrounded because Bevell consistanly calls for 3 yd outs, bubble screens and jet sweeps to Harvin. It's easy for D-Coordinators to press our WR's when their not going more then 7 yds. If Bevell uses Harvin the way he should be used then oppossing D's will start backing off the press, paying a little more attention to Harvin which in return other WR's will start to get open. Let's hope Bevell can figure this out.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically WRs are the toughest position to learn a new play book and the adjustment period is the longest. That being said I dont think this guy is enough of a difference maker to consider parting with a draft pick and taking on whatever his cap is the rest of the year. Whenever the idea gets brought up to trade for a receiver I always remember the Deion Branch situation and dont want to go through that again. Rather just continue to develop Richardson and Norwood.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the larger issue is the play calling. Assuming we could make his cap number work, and assuming he could pick up the play book quickly, and assuming we wouldn't give up much for him...would Bevell use him effectively?

I'm not confident.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we need our offensive coordinator to have the WR's we got actually run routes.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the larger issue is the play calling. Assuming we could make his cap number work, and assuming he could pick up the play book quickly, and assuming we wouldn't give up much for him...would Bevell use him effectively?

I'm not confident.

This is possible but at the other end of the stick do you think that bevell doesnt use the recievers the way people want him to is because they arent that good? Lets be real here baldwin and kearse being great guys one of them being a local hero they arent exactly great lets not forget they were both undrafted (lockette and walters too). I think what baldwin put up last year and his rookie season is probably the best your going to get out of him. They are pretty good players that were found given they went undrafted but they arent great. Even for percy harvin I think his specialty is YAC he really isnt a downfield threat just give him the ball on slant routes and trick plays which would work great if there were complimentary recievers that could shift focus off of him. I feel that defenses dont respect kearse, baldwin, and lockette they just leave them 1-1.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically WRs are the toughest position to learn a new play book and the adjustment period is the longest. That being said I dont think this guy is enough of a difference maker to consider parting with a draft pick and taking on whatever his cap is the rest of the year. Whenever the idea gets brought up to trade for a receiver I always remember the Deion Branch situation and dont want to go through that again. Rather just continue to develop Richardson and Norwood.

This. ^^^

Listening to the radio on the way home and heard Pete address why Richardson, Norwood and Micheal are not playing. Basically it's because only 45 get to suit up and injuries in other areas have keep these guys from suiting up. Pete actually got animated about this rule and said the Seahawks will push for all 53 players on the roster being able to suit up and play during the off season, He said these guys are practicing good and are ready to be in a rotation, if only the Seahawks could suit them up. Made me feel a bit better about these young guys. Although, I couldn't help but think Richardson should be suited up over guys like Walters.

As for the passing attack, I heard Pete say there where a couple of occasions when Harvin had gotten open long, but due to the pass rush the Seahawks were not able hit on theses chances. Which brings me back to what the real problem is for the Seahawks and that is the OL. If everyone was healthy perhaps things would be different, but with the best three pass blockers hurt ( Zeke Miller, Max Unger, and Okung) the OL is just not able to pass block good enough.
I think the plan was for bubble passes and jet sweep was to slow down the pass rusher by stretching the field horizonally, but that hasn't work. Time too get back to pounding Lych and play action. One idea for obvious passing plays is to roll Wilson away from the best pass rusher and bunching receivers to that side also, thus giving him several targets to the side he's rolling out to. Just an idea on my part.

I got a lot faith in Pete and his staff, they'll figure this out.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knocked this idea a couple of days ago. But with this Harvin news, it may make a little more sense to explore it now.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knocked this idea a couple of days ago. But with this Harvin news, it may make a little more sense to explore it now.

Shit if they can send that pick they got from the Jets over to Buffalo for him I'd be fine with that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin or no Harvin, I'd rather see the rookies get a shot. Trades for WRs rarely work out and doing one mid season, no thanks.