• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Mayock's New QB Ranking (Bridgewater falls even more)

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Ranking:

1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
2. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
3. Derek Carr, Fresno State
4. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois
5a. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
5b. Zach Mettenberger, Louisiana State

Fall: Bridgewater and AJ McCarron (Alabama)
Rise: Garoppolo, Carr, and Mettenberger

Very interesting stuff. Mayock not only ranks Bridgewater 5th and tied with Mettenberger, he has publicly stated that he wouldn't take him in the first round period.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're all over this Bridgewater falling stuff...it's not like he had Luck type skills and is dropping, he's a prospect. Actually it's not that interesting, and I like Mayock...but everything that can be said about these players has been said. I'm ready for the draft and may the chips fall where they may.

I've been saying for a long time that Zach would be my top QB picks

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off… Wasn't it Mayock that said Sanchez would be better than Stafford years ago?

Secondly… MANZIEL at #1??? :L

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel is legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the #1 overall pick

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off… Wasn't it Mayock that said Sanchez would be better than Stafford years ago?

Secondly… MANZIEL at #1??? :L

What is your point? Mayock is sometimes correct, and sometimes wrong. No media draft expert is going to be accurate 100% of the time. I like Mayock because he gives good insight into the game and gets most of the draft predictions correct.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Manziel is legit. I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the #1 overall pick

No axe to grind on JF what so ever, loved his game in college and I think he could go #1 overall, but it's not because of his skill set. RW was what, a 3rd rd pick? If he's half as good as Wilson, I think HOU will be fine, but I need to see it.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to your question is yes, he did say Sanchez would have a better career then Stafford.

It depends. Statistically Stafford wins hands down. But from a winning perceptive, Sanchez wins. He's started in 2 AFC Championship games, and has played well during the postseason. The regular season? Well, that's a different story.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No axe to grind on JF what so ever, loved his game in college and I think he could go #1 overall, but it's not because of his skill set. RW was what, a 3rd rd pick? If he's half as good as Wilson, I think HOU will be fine, but I need to see it.

Other than the fact, both are under 6'0 tall, there's nothing similar about their game. Wilson is a pocket passer. Manziel is more of a "running quarterback." When the first option is not there, he uses his legs to gain yardage. Manziel is more like Tebow, only shorter and with better passing skills.

I buy into Manziel's skillset as a passer and as a runner. He definitely has that "it factor" and the ability to "rise up" in prime time. But at the same time, I am not a big fan of his demeanor as a quarterback. He comes across as a spoiled rich kid, and I am also concerned about his health.

Mayock's top 5 QBs looks about right. I just would put Bortles ahead of Manziel.

BTW, I have nothing against Bridgewater, and think he's a top 3 QB prospect. I am not just not sure if I would rate him above Manziel.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting on JDM to rip into your posts

:pop2:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact, both are under 6'0 tall, there's nothing similar about their game. Wilson is a pocket passer. Manziel is more of a "running quarterback." When the first option is not there, he uses his legs to gain yardage. Manziel is more like Tebow, only shorter and with better passing skills.

I buy into Manziel's skillset as a passer and as a runner. He definitely has that "it factor" and the ability to "rise up" in prime time. But at the same time, I am not a big fan of his demeanor as a quarterback. He comes across as a spoiled rich kid, and I am also concerned about his health.

Mayock's top 5 QBs looks about right. I just would put Bortles ahead of Manziel.

BTW, I have nothing against Bridgewater, and think he's a top 3 QB prospect. I am not just not sure if I would rate him above Manziel.

Gotcha...idk what Bridgewater is or is not really. I just think the media jumped on him as the #1 QB prospect and suddenly he became THAT guy until teams really started drilling down into his game. My point I never saw him as a can't miss QB so I'm not surprised that he's slid.

Wilson...yea, more of a stature comparison but I wouldn't call him a pocket QB. His approach to the game is more of that mindset...by that I mean he's comfortable getting the ball to the playmakers. Manziel, loved his game at the CFB level...I just don't think he's good enough at it to survive long in the NFL playing that type of game. That's why I mentioned Wilson...he's not trying to make many plays with his legs unless the play breaks down.

He has a pocket awareness that I haven't seen from a small QB since Tarkenton to be honest. You can't draft JM and sit him for 10 games to learn the game by watching...I see too much being put on him, expected of him and he's not ready for that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: